tedx
#81 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:42:19 AM

murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Am headed to Konza, will be requesting an allocation of at least 1000 acres and am sure it will be approved, am mostly investing in start ups but we have a great advantage and will be kicking off with some of the biggest brands and names in technology and investment globally. As for speculating in mburotis around, this
is difficult to say. But we shall be giving several technology startups an easy through pass, think of investing with the firms that will move there.

More details over the next few weeks.

Am sorry it doesn't work like that.

What do you know about technology? Well am the one saying what i want there, keep it here and see who will rule the day, this is about vision, not silly arguments.

I do not know you.

I currently work in one of the technology cities in the world right now.

And when i tell you it doesn't work like that I know what am talking about but I will not argue with you.

Good, don't just argue ovyo ovyo, give your points, some have said this is a white elephant, some think it is a place for assembling samsung phones, or coding for american firms the way wahindis do, or just narrowly copying what others are doing ni kama konza ni exhibition halls zaa tom mboya street, peyana mawazo zako, and lets see if you will enter konza before me, i can bet 1 million Kes. Payable by december, put your money where your mouth is or give your opinion.

Am not arguing. I was blunt - it does not work like that. Sorry if that was very offensive. All those who you have called "some" do not know what they are talking about, but they are entitled to their opinion. Rem opinion is not fact.
There a thread on Konza here may be searching can help. Countrygal wanted to know if purchasing land would be of benefit to her that is the point of discussion right now.

In the meantime
Quote:
KoTDA intends to allocate and lease parcels of land within a portion of the Konza Technopolis. You are invited to submit a proposal for your project to be undertaken on one or more of the over 73 parcels of land currently on offer. Your proposal should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines and requirements set forth in the Call for Applications (CFA). Investors are advised to visit the site at their own cost to familiarize themselves with the site and conditions therein. A representative from KoTDA will be available for the site visit at specific times to show the property, inquires on times should be done in writing via email on the address konza@konzacity.go.ke.

Sijui hio 1000 acres utatoa wapi. Lakini si argue na wewe

Tackle!
wukan
#82 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 1:31:53 PM

How to build pipe dreams and other short stories...yada yada yada

Quote:
Labourers milled around an unfinished eight-storey building in an expansive field in Konza dotted with zebra and antelope - the only visible sign of progress in a decade-old plan to make Kenya into Africa's leading technology hub by 2030.

Grandiose plans, red tape and a lack of funding have left Konza Technopolis - the $14.5 billion new city to be built some 60 km (37 miles) southeast of Nairobi - way behind schedule on its goal of having 20,000 people on site by 2020.

"It has taken too long and I think people have moved on," said tech entrepreneur Josiah Mugambi, founder of Alba.one, a Nairobi-based software company, who was initially excited by the government's ambitious project.

Dubbed the Silicon Savannah, Konza aims to become a smart city - using tech to manage water and electricity efficiently and reduce commuting time - and a solution to the rapid, unplanned urbanisation which has plagued existing cities.
https://www.the-star.co....-savannah-city_c1864178
village_sponsor
#83 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:16:09 PM

Slightly related, how can I get hold of a map of Kenya showing the planned road and rail network?
rwitre
#84 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:22:33 PM

village_sponsor wrote:
Slightly related, how can I get hold of a map of Kenya showing the planned road and rail network?

Probably on a shelf somewhere in a cabinet secretary's office gathering dust. It will be brought out during the next election and added to the manifesto.

Ericsson
#85 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:02:46 AM

Konza city should be classified as Vision 2050/2060
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#86 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 6:26:45 PM

Kate_Mbarire wrote:

Hi Wukan.Thanks again for the reference.I called city view suites and the plans and the location for the ngara bedsitters is good.

However they're not disclosing who the developer is,it also seems that this is the first project for the developer....what do you think?Would you still trust such a development which it seems like this is the first development for this developer...and considering these are off plan houses?]

They got built...

winmak
#87 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 8:41:00 PM

wukan wrote:
Kate_Mbarire wrote:

Hi Wukan.Thanks again for the reference.I called city view suites and the plans and the location for the ngara bedsitters is good.

However they're not disclosing who the developer is,it also seems that this is the first project for the developer....what do you think?Would you still trust such a development which it seems like this is the first development for this developer...and considering these are off plan houses?]

They got built...

are there some units still available?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Kate_Mbarire
#88 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2020 9:47:28 PM

winmak wrote:
wukan wrote:
Kate_Mbarire wrote:

They got built...

Whue!!! Wyman where you @ several.years later

are there some units still available?

amorphous
#89 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 7:15:10 AM

Sounds like Wukan was the developer smile .

https://gna.co.ke/projec...d-1-bedroom-apartments/

That area opposite Ngrogoni seems scary!
And for 3.25m for a 33 sqm (matchbox) studio it is a total ripoff. For that price one can buy a huge 1/8th in Jewel in the Crown and be halfway done with a spacious bungalow rather than a matchbox sized studio with Grogon mechanic views.
Age and family mellows us all over time
amorphous
#90 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 7:20:35 AM

Yikes!! You would have to be packing heat (yaani deng'a, yaani thwau, yaani bunde, yaaani mchuma, yaaani mtoo, yaani ridhe, yaani pisto) just to feel safe living there Laughing out loudly
wukan
#91 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:02:19 AM

amorphous wrote:

And for 3.25m for a 33 sqm (matchbox) studio it is a total ripoff. For that price one can buy a huge 1/8th in Jewel in the Crown and be halfway done with a spacious bungalow rather than a matchbox sized studio with Grogon mechanic views.

Sorry I'm not the developersmile
I was only illustrating to @countrygirl and @kate how to build a property portfolio. These things were at 1.8m off plan when I posted in 2 years it's 3.25m which more or less the market prices for matchbox studios in Nairobi core. The person who started at 1.8m is now on the ladder to 5m properties as you chill out in the dustbowl.

Check out post #71 I gave out pointers for west suites now fully sold out.

Hii maisha ni kujipanga
amorphous
#92 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:28:09 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Sorry I'm not the developersmile
I was only illustrating to @countrygirl and @kate how to build a property portfolio. These things were at 1.8m off plan when I posted in 2 years it's 3.25m which more or less the market prices for matchbox studios in Nairobi core. The person who started at 1.8m is now on the ladder to 5m properties as you chill out in the dustbowl.

Check out post #71 I gave out pointers for west suites now fully sold out.

Hii maisha ni kujipanga

Musindi Road where these matchbox studios are. All I can say is YIKES!!!!

On appreciation. Kwani what do you think properties in DC are doing?Laughing out loudly . That 1.8m invested in a 1/8th in Milimani, Jewel in the Crown is now 2.5 to 3 on the land alone even before putting a single structure on site. And can fit 30 of those matchboxes easy with space to spareLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . When built on the price shoots by blazes. Leave Nai Core NOW NOW NOWWWWWWW before it is too late blatha!!!