141 Pages«<110111112113114>»
Coronavirus
#2221 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:27:22 AM

I keep asking myself, why is Corona only discussed in East and South Africa?
Some West African nations stopped updates over two months ago. Masks have virtually disappeared and there are no reports of increased hospital admissions.
I ask again,could it be East Africans are naturely weaker or we are missing something?

Kenya's recovery rate is also very very low!
#2222 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:28:01 AM

Things getting mysterious and dicey.

ttps://www.nation.co.ke/kenya/news/world/mystery-as-argentine-sailors-infected-with-virus-after-35-days-at-sea-1735864

I had told you something about migratory birds ukaniita majina moto moto.

Jina kama gani?Saitan?Ngoma?Hiyo ni moto kweli?Sasa nikikuita ingine utasema nini?

Mimi ni mtoto amelelewa na tabia nzuri..Siwezi nikaita mtu jina ndogo ama kubwa
#2223 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:39:09 AM

kmucheke wrote:

Ata haulali? Is it that you don't believe Rona exists?

As a public health initiative, we should allow the govt to track our phones. Once one is diagnosed with Covid, contact tracing should be done on wherever that person passed by and whoever they came across. This invasion of privacy is permitted for the better good

Google and Apple have already rolled out the API on Android and iOS respectively. Only the government is left to allow the installation of tracing apps.

Apple and Google today rolled out their digital contact tracing technology that can be used by public health agencies to track COVID-19.

In early April, the two tech giants announced they were collaborating to build Bluetooth-based technology to aid in the fight against the pandemic.

Apple and Google's exposure notification application programming interface (API) will now be available to states, public health agencies and governments to build apps that will notify people via smartphone if they've come into contact with someone with the coronavirus.
LINK

To see it on Android phone; Go to Settings then Google. You will see COVID-19 Exposure Notifications.

Please note this is not app, rather it is an API to enable apps built by health authorities to work better.

Masaa yangu ya kulala yanakuhusu nini? For your own info I sleep 6hrs in every 24 hrs and it should be none stop sleep.. The only diffrence with yours is I don't have a particular routine or pattern on when I will fall sleep. sometimes I do it from 6am to 12noon .

Corona exists and i know I have fully recovered. I even had some stomach issues similar to food poisoning. For persons with underlying issues this thing is no jocke. The kind of multiple symptoms you experience leaves you very confused.
Corona ni homa tu.

On tracing. Having a disease is not a crime so there is no big deal in being traced but since this thing has spread far and wide. After noting you are infected the government can only send you an sms reminding you to keep distance and be responsible for others.
Mtafiti
#2224 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:15:38 PM

Some West African nations stopped updates over two months ago. Masks have virtually disappeared and there are no reports of increased hospital admissions.
I ask again,could it be East Africans are naturely weaker or we are missing something?

Stopping updates does not mean that all is well. I am in one of such, and situation is almost hopeless. And yes, hospitals are being avoided here. But deaths aren't.
#2225 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:16:01 PM

West African nations stopped TV updates but are still updating. your reference country Cameroon sends updates via facebook every 2-3 days. Cameroon has double cases since we last discussed them. While some other african countries have lower death rates (are they testing posthumously?). Cameroon has an official 2.3% crude mortality rate and Kenya has 1.8%.

We may have less underlying issues than most of the other places... who knows why it appears to be slower in Black Africa than anywhere else.

The recovery rates are a factor of the protocol being used to determine recovery - WHO recommends that a symptomatic patient is to be considered recovered after 10 days after symptoms onset and plus at least 3 additional days without symptoms. Asymptomatic cases just need 10 days then are considered recovered. It's unclear what Cameroon and others are using.

#2226 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 3:15:25 PM

https://youtu.be/uYvTftH2rpE

You don't have to watch the whole thing. My point of interest was from 3: 46
Africans with only 100 deaths in 5 months are still on lockdown. Shenzi!!
#2227 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:35:23 PM

d
#2228 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:24:58 PM

#2229 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 9:07:28 AM

West African nations stopped TV updates but are still updating. your reference country Cameroon sends updates via facebook every 2-3 days. Cameroon has double cases since we last discussed them. While some other african countries have lower death rates (are they testing posthumously?). Cameroon has an official 2.3% crude mortality rate and Kenya has 1.8%.

We may have less underlying issues than most of the other places... who knows why it appears to be slower in Black Africa than anywhere else.

The recovery rates are a factor of the protocol being used to determine recovery - WHO recommends that a symptomatic patient is to be considered recovered after 10 days after symptoms onset and plus at least 3 additional days without symptoms. Asymptomatic cases just need 10 days then are considered recovered. It's unclear what Cameroon and others are using.

Yes double cases from 7000 to 15000 with 11,000 recovered! There must be a magical cure.
At that time Kenya had about 1000 now 11,000. So Kenya cases increased ten times over same period!
I think these numbers don't mean much because they are so off the mark!
#2230 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 2:34:23 PM

Yes double cases from 7000 to 15000 with 11,000 recovered! There must be a magical cure.
At that time Kenya had about 1000 now 11,000. So Kenya cases increased ten times over same period!
I think these numbers don't mean much because they are so off the mark!

Yes - the longer it goes... the more incorrect the data becomes. On recovery - I reckon what standard they use to declare someone recovered is different.
#2231 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:14:26 PM

Positive with zero symptom.

https://www.kahawatungu.com/stephen
letoo-tests-positive-covid/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=stephen-letoo-tests-positive-covid
#2232 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:43:14 PM

A Bangladesh hospital owner accused of issuing thousands of fake negative coronavirus test results to patients at his two clinics was arrested on Wednesday while trying to flee to India in a burqa, police said.

The alleged scams could badly hurt migrant workers seeking to go abroad and whose remittances are key to Bangladesh's economy, said Shakirul Islam of migrant rights group OKUP.

Italy last week suspended flights to Rome from Bangladesh to stem the spate of coronavirus cases. Several passengers arriving from Dhaka had tested positive for COVID-19.

Fearing possible infections in the Bangladeshi immigrant community, authorities in Lazio region conducted "blanket testing" for the coronavirus. Italy is home to more than 100,000 Bangladeshis, according to national statistics institute ISTAT.

"Some of the Bangladeshis who were tested positive in Italy were allegedly carrying negative COVID certificates from Bangladesh,"

this was always going to happen (unfortunately).

Remeber when this question was asked and the answer misconstrued to mean '666', 'microchips' e.t.c.?

What changes are we going to have to make to how businesses operate to maintain our economy while providing social distancing?

The question of which businesses should keep going is tricky. Certainly food supply and the health system. We still need water, electricity and the internet. Supply chains for critical things need to be maintained. Countries are still figuring out what to keep running.

Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it.

That's the only way out of this quagmire.

From a different perspective - if people are unable to get rid of it from their midst... and it becomes endemic (Considering the issues around Herd Immunity)... Travellers from Africa (and maybe India and any place that does not kick the disease out) may be required to show digital proof of vaccination to the thing... the very thing Africans were complaining about but snookered themselves into.
#2233 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 7:19:11 PM

Our wide african noses are a climate adaptation to take in as much air to cool the body in tropical heat.....i am thinking this is the reason everyone is wearing the face mask on the chin as people feel they suffocating..

There should have been a standardization of the masks. As it is now our mask wearing is doing little...most kienyeji mask i see out there don't even cover the nose and when they do they have to be lifted every few seconds...same like the lady who wears a mini-skirt but has to keep on pulling it down every 2 steps.
#2234 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 10:29:58 PM

Positive with zero symptom.

https://www.kahawatungu.com/stephen
letoo-tests-positive-covid/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=stephen-letoo-tests-positive-covid

Let's all sing
Naa kilaaa mtu atauchukuuuaaa mzigo wake mwenyeweeee... naaa kila mtu atatoaaaa habarizake mwenyeweee mbele ya covid 19 siku hio inakujaaaa.....*2

https://youtu.be/G92B1FLON6k
#2235 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:44:00 AM

kawi254 wrote:
Our wide african noses are a climate adaptation to take in as much air to cool the body in tropical heat.....i am thinking this is the reason everyone is wearing the face mask on the chin as people feel they suffocating..

There should have been a standardization of the masks. As it is now our mask wearing is doing little...most kienyeji mask i see out there don't even cover the nose and when they do they have to be lifted every few seconds...same like the lady who wears a mini-skirt but has to keep on pulling it down every 2 steps.

Wacheni excuses - No one likes masks bwana! not Europeans... not Asians. It's something that everyone puts up with.

Wear the mask approrately even if you think you have a HUGE nose

#2236 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 9:45:36 AM

History will judge this generation harshly for having no balls or logic in handling COVID-19.
#2237 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:34:30 AM

Wanasema wanachimba Makaburi wakingojea "Just In Case".

#2238 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:24:25 PM

Papa Shirandula collapses and dies after developing breathing problems.

https://www.the-star.co....papa-shirandula-is-dead/
#2239 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 3:20:34 PM

Papa Shirandula collapses and dies after developing breathing problems.

https://www.the-star.co....apa-shirandula-is-dead/

#2240 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 3:23:41 PM

[quote=sqft]Papa Shirandula collapses and dies after developing breathing problems.

https://www.the-star.co....apa-shirandula-is-dead/[/quote]

He came from the village and started feeling unwell on Sunday.Could he have picked it from the village?If so how are the people back in the village?

Hapa ni vaccine tuu itasaidia.

Lord help us.