wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Amana Capital
mycool
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:03:17 PM

Anyone tried these guys? How are their returns? Reputation?
grolut
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:47:39 PM

Raising up an old post but anyone with more information on them or is anyone here investing with them?
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
XSK
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:39:27 PM

grolut wrote:
Raising up an old post but anyone with more information on them or is anyone here investing with them?

Gro

They are clean. I have used their shilling fund and so far so good.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
se7en
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:58:51 PM

also been on board their shilling equivalent of their money market fund for a couple of months... so far so good.
speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far... Theodore Roosevelt
grolut
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:07:54 PM

Thanks, I'll contact them this week to get on board.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Chaka
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:17:55 AM

Hi Wazuans,
For the Amana MMF,can someone kindly explain the meaning of "daily yield" of 16.2 per cent as in today's DN pg 32
BTW where do these guys invest the funds for these returns?
chiaroscuro
#7 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 7:48:10 AM

Chaka wrote:
Hi Wazuans,
For the Amana MMF,can someone kindly explain the meaning of "daily yield" of 16.2 per cent as in today's DN pg 32
BTW where do these guys invest the funds for these returns?

What don't you understand? Is it "daily" or "yield" or "16.2%"?
jano
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:21:39 AM

the daily yield is the rate for day since in mmf interest is calculated on daily basis..the annual rate is just like a prospective of how the fund will perform for the year.

the Amana money market fund is a new fund and they started when interest rates were high unlike other old fund managers who had old instruments with lower rates.
tom_boy
#9 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 12:01:52 PM

Dear Amana Capital,

Finally, the chickens have come home to roost. Your so called fund managers are obviously very fake/bonoko or corrupt.

I still cannot fathom how a fund actually took investors money and invested it in Nakumatt at a fairy tale 20% without thinking something was off/ smelly.

Further to that, the fake fund managers were also greedy or compromised/ bribed. I cannot understand how a fund can put 20% of their (investors) money on a single (Nakumatt) bond.

At the time of floating that Bond, Nakumatt had not been paying suppliers. What due diligence did this fake fund Amana do to establish that Nakumatt could give a 20% return. I suspect foul play.

To pour pilipili into a wound, the fake fund Amana allowed some people to withdraw their funds when the stuff hit the fan. That left some other minority investors to shoulder the weight of their 20% crappy investment. In effect, those left have lost over 30% of their money with no hope of recovery.

Amana is a fake fund with clueless fund managers.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Balaa
#10 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 12:42:01 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Dear Amana Capital,

Finally, the chickens have come home to roost. Your so called fund managers are obviously very fake/bonoko or corrupt.

I still cannot fathom how a fund actually took investors money and invested it in Nakumatt at a fairy tale 20% without thinking something was off/ smelly.

Further to that, the fake fund managers were also greedy or compromised/ bribed. I cannot understand how a fund can put 20% of their (investors) money on a single (Nakumatt) bond.

At the time of floating that Bond, Nakumatt had not been paying suppliers. What due diligence did this fake fund Amana do to establish that Nakumatt could give a 20% return. I suspect foul play.

To pour pilipili into a wound, the fake fund Amana allowed some people to withdraw their funds when the stuff hit the fan. That left some other minority investors to shoulder the weight of their 20% crappy investment. In effect, those left have lost over 30% of their money with no hope of recovery.

Amana is a fake fund with clueless fund managers.

I feel you @tom_boy.The fake Amana unit trust shafted a number of guys. At the time they thrived by hating on Gencap Unit trust. I knew the then MD and GM personally. These guys peddled so much hate on Gencap only for the two to fall out and the GM jumped ship to join the same Gencap and started soliciting so-called investors to move their account with him before the collapse of Gencap.
Which unit trust can you trust in an industry where every salesman calls themselves a "financial advisor" and yet they have nothing to show for it, and have never stepped in a Finance 101 class?
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
tom_boy
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:47:27 AM

For those in the know, is there no law as to how much of a unit trusts total fund can be invested in a single entity. My real beef with Fake Amana is that they invested a whoooping 20% of the fund in one miserable con-artist called Nakumatt.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
XSK
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 09, 2020 8:21:56 AM

tom_boy wrote:
For those in the know, is there no law as to how much of a unit trusts total fund can be invested in a single entity. My real beef with Fake Amana is that they invested a whoooping 20% of the fund in one miserable con-artist called Nakumatt.

If there is anything that can be done legally speaking i would also join. Hawa walijua walichokua wakifanya
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!