Bigchick wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

https://m.facebook.com/s...&id=224865787558662

@Makales your brief comments please.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Wacha nicheke tu

As you chekaa sense of taste and smell amerudi?

Ama wewe ni inclusive kwa hiyo 2.6M?

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Dahatre
#2142 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 12:21:10 PM

mpobiz wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Infections 5,384 Deaths 132

Herd Immunity 60% infected
Kenya population 47,564,296.00
Therefore 60% Infections 28,538,577.60
Deaths 699,682.81

This is pure nonesense. The prevalence of this thing is so high in this country. A week ago I talked of a friend who has lost his sence of small and taste. He has been teling me of some head aches and some unusual sensations in his throat and nose.
I don't know if I have been infected too.
I am now trying very hard to keep my safe distance from people for the next 2 weeks. I have even explained it to my wife and she has given me two weeks off away from my house .though I am only suspecting myself but Have we been counted?

Kumbe Mpo and his buddy Maghufuli (who isolated after his son was diagnosed) are the Warubukus our parents warned us about..…
Warubuku and his friend Waruhiti got together and decided they would each go home and twanga their wives (so the wives know who is boss Laughing out loudly )

Warubuku went home and beat his drums and made music..Waruhiti beat his wife…

Anyway glad you are protecting Bae..
We will talk about your poor side-Bae another day...

Dahatre
#2143 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 12:36:01 PM

Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Not @Makales, but that Star story is trash...
The Standard story is more measured..
Only 2535 blood donor samples were tested for antibodies. The 2.6 million is an extrapolation from those samples. Statisticians will tell you that this method is often useless as it usually has bias (in this case, people who donate blood do not represent the Kenyan population). The article in the standard points this out:

Standard excerpt: "The report indicates, however, that the ideal way of estimating exposure to Covid-19 in the Kenyan population would be visiting randomly selected homesteads to collect and then test blood samples, but this has not been practical under current restrictions."

That said, it is almost a certainty that there are more infected Kenyans than the numbers MOH so breathlessly loves to report every evening… .knowing very well that our testing levels are subpar.

mpobiz
#2144 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 2:33:37 PM

Bigchick wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

We have shared nyama several times as you remember I have not pointed to him that we discuss about him here in this forum. Yesterday he informed me that his taste is back but smell bado.

Wacha nicheke tu

As you chekaa sense of taste and smell amerudi?

Ama wewe ni inclusive kwa hiyo 2.6M?

We have shared nyama several times . Yesterday he informed me that his taste is back but smell bado.
@dahatre I said it before that what I did was purely out of immotions and not logic.this is because no matter what I do they will still be infected. I also needed some time out with my number 2.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
masukuma
#2145 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 4:08:40 PM

Dahatre wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Only 2535 blood donor samples were tested for antibodies. The 2.6 million is an extrapolation from those samples. Statisticians will tell you that this method is often useless as it usually has bias (in this case, people who donate blood do not represent the Kenyan population). The article in the standard points this out:

Standard excerpt: "The report indicates, however, that the ideal way of estimating exposure to Covid-19 in the Kenyan population would be visiting randomly selected homesteads to collect and then test blood samples, but this has not been practical under current restrictions."

That said, it is almost a certainty that there are more infected Kenyans than the numbers MOH so breathlessly loves to report every evening… .knowing very well that our testing levels are subpar.

The reported cases are not useless but as the disease moves on they become less correct as cases sprout all over. On the extrapolation- it’s true... the stats are wrong but they are a fair indicator of what’s wrong. I stopped looking at the number but I concentrate on the hit rate... it’s a good indicator of the active cases around. On the KEMRI report - Consider a situation where 6 people in a county give blood and in there are 3 brothers from same family. If those 3 have antibodies the extrapolation will state that 50% of the county has the disease. Which was indeed just 1 family. Having said that- this is the closest methodical way we have assessed the spread of Covid in the country. Science is corrected by better science so let’s get some other type of estimation.
Impunity
#2146 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:24:32 PM

masukuma wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

All I can say is
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Sad Sad Sad Pray Pray Pray
Saw the KEMRI paper 12.4% of blood donors in Nairobi got it. Nimesalimu amri.

This thing is complex.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

masukuma
#2147 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 7:40:48 PM

Impunity wrote:
masukuma wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

All I can say is
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Sad Sad Sad Pray Pray Pray
Saw the KEMRI paper 12.4% of blood donors in Nairobi got it. Nimesalimu amri.

This thing is complex.

The real world is! The physical world does not even know we have this thing called “science” we are using to interrogate it. The virus has no awareness that it’s in Matayos or Ainabkoi. Heck the virus does not know it’s a virus or it’s causing illnesses.
mpobiz
#2148 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 8:25:29 PM

masukuma wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

The reported cases are not useless but as the disease moves on they become less correct as cases sprout all over. On the extrapolation- it’s true... the stats are wrong but they are a fair indicator of what’s wrong. I stopped looking at the number but I concentrate on the hit rate... it’s a good indicator of the active cases around. On the KEMRI report - Consider a situation where 6 people in a county give blood and in there are 3 brothers from same family. If those 3 have antibodies the extrapolation will state that 50% of the county has the disease. Which was indeed just 1 family. Having said that- this is the closest methodical way we have assessed the spread of Covid in the country. Science is corrected by better science so let’s get some other type of estimation.

Where do you get the number to determine the hit rate?
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
masukuma
#2149 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 9:53:06 PM

mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

from the positive samples divided by the total number of samples. when we begun and you guys were talking about some "bad homa" that took place in December, January etc. the "test-positivity rate" was never above 2%... yesterday it was close to 10%, today it was 6%. we don't have such low hit rates as before. this means it's increasing in our midst - I use that to assess where we are in the curve. Peru at 39.00%, Brazil at 36.68%, Qatar at 22.71%, Mexico at 21.07% and Chile at 20.97 are the top 5 countries.
mpobiz
#2150 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 5:06:20 PM

masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

from the positive samples divided by the total number of samples. when we begun and you guys were talking about some "bad homa" that took place in December, January etc. the "test-positivity rate" was never above 2%... yesterday it was close to 10%, today it was 6%. we don't have such low hit rates as before. this means it's increasing in our midst - I use that to assess where we are in the curve. Peru at 39.00%, Brazil at 36.68%, Qatar at 22.71%, Mexico at 21.07% and Chile at 20.97 are the top 5 countries.

Our testing capabilities are too low to get the right hit rate. I hope we could achieve 100k tests daily like what you are seeing in Brazil and other western countries. That's why KEMRI come up with their own estimates. Those estimates might include the time that has already lapsed with this pandemic and the patterns in other countries. I wish I could post photos here. Yesterday i was in a packed club in parklands. Now as I write this I am somewhere in mombasa road and the atmosphere is just great. My friend who lost his smell and taste sences will be joining us shortly.
The hit rate is very high.. but people are not getting sick..
masukuma
#2151 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 8:53:34 PM

mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Our testing capabilities are too low to get the right hit rate. I hope we could achieve 100k tests daily like what you are seeing in Brazil and other western countries. That's why KEMRI come up with their own estimates. Those estimates might include the time that has already lapsed with this pandemic and the patterns in other countries. I wish I could post photos here. Yesterday i was in a packed club in parklands. Now as I write this I am somewhere in mombasa road and the atmosphere is just great. My friend who lost his smell and taste sences will be joining us shortly.
The hit rate is very high.. but people are not getting sick..

I agree with you on the fact that we need to ramp up our testing - I don't even know if the countries doing 100k are doing PCR tests or some other easier tests (that come with a possibility of a larger margin of error... read here to understand why the margin of error on sensitivity and specificity matters)
it's true that the hit rate is high but there is a caveat...it still is based on suspected cases - I don't think they are doing any random testing in the streets anywhere.
I want to see what the hit rate will be after cessation of movement has been removed - will the whole country eventually be like Nairobi and Mombasa? what will the implication of that in the villages? (People who work in the fields... lots of Vitamin D).
sqft
#2152 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 10:49:52 AM

Britain has eased lockdown and opened pubs. Seems no one is wearing a mask or social distancing.

Only a few took precautions...or were they making fun of the situation?

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Mtafiti
#2153 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 2:06:39 PM

Mko Tea room sasa?
kmucheke
#2154 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 2:45:45 PM

mpobiz
#2155 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 3:16:30 PM

kmucheke wrote:

Hii tumezoea.. leta ingine.
murchr
#2156 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 3:45:59 PM

You are a number to the govt. You are somebody to yourself and family. Take care of your self don't expect the government to do that for you.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kaka2za
#2157 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 3:59:21 PM

murchr wrote:
You are a number to the govt. You are somebody to yourself and family. Take care of your self don't expect the government to do that for you.

Word. And in Wazua you're anonymous contributor. We won't even notice when you are gone.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2158 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 4:06:42 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:

Word. And in Wazua you're anonymous contributor. We won't even notice when you are gone.

Exactly.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kmucheke
#2159 Posted : Monday, July 06, 2020 4:14:19 PM

Uhuru announces phased re-opening of country but curfew remains

Quote:
Cessation of movement in an out of Nairobi, Mombasa and Mandera that is in place to lapse tomorrow, July 7, 2020
-Dusk to dawn curfew extended for a further 30 days
-The government shall observe patterns of interaction in the next 21 days. If there will be a spike in the trend of infections, the country will return to lockdown at zero option
-Individual behaviour to determine the country’s progress to returning to normalcy.
-Kenyans should avoid non-essential upcountry travel and encouraged to maintain social distancing, washing hands, sanitising and be cautious when interacting with the elderly and those who are immunosuppressed.
-Only 100 worshippers to be allowed in places of worship and the sessions to take only one hour.
-Children below 13 years and the elderly not allowed in places of worship.
-Madarasas and Sunday schools still prohibited
-PSVs moving in and out of areas which were previously under cessation will require mandatory certification from MoH and clearance from the ministry of transport.
-Local flights to resume on July 15 in strict conformity with guidelines and protocols issued by MoH
-International’s travel in and out of the country to resume August 1 in strict conformity to guidelines and protocols issued by MoH
-Restrictions on political gatherings and any other gathering of that nature extended by another 30 days
-Restrictions on wedding and funeral attendance extended for a further 30 days
-Kenyans told to exercise civic responsibility by curbing the spread of intercommunity spread of the virus.
-National Crime Research Centres to probe Gender-Based Violence, children rights violation and girl child disempowerment.
Bigchick
#2160 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 5:35:46 PM

This are the real stories from real people that I want to hear.Real experince to learn from.

https://citizentv.co.ke/...ge-richard-quest-337988/
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.