Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<105106107108109>»
Coronavirus
sqft
#2121 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 10:53:59 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

The problem with us and I have pointed it out so many times is that we are importers of everything. This includes ideas of how symptoms of this infection exhibit themselves in our African population. We are all expecting to see persons with nonestop coughs and sneezes and high temperatures.
This is not the case here. Carrier's of this infection are perfectly healthy people..
Let us localize this problem then we get local solutions.

I beg to respectably disagree with you @mpobiz. Lets take malaria for example. The symptoms and the way the disease progresses is universal world over.

https://www.cdc.gov/mala...Malaria_LifeCycle_1.gif

Whether you are in China, Burkina Faso or Oceania, malaria has four stages before people sing "luwere Nyasaye amulinde" in your matanga. (mountain people sing...."guthie no muhaka tugathie"...but i digress)

Same can be said for other infectious diseases as TB etc. The common pedestrian/leighmann is asking...... what does a corona patient look like? They want to see one to believe that corona is real.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You dont have to be respectful to @Mpobiz.Amezoea kutukanwa na @Makales.

That said I agree with you.There are certain basic symptoms that a COVID patient will have and that is why the management guidelines are also Universal.

And like you have said,seeing is believing.But alas parading a victim has its own issues,so we are torn between making it public or not.

Seeing is believing.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
mpobiz
#2122 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 12:34:11 PM

masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

You are a poor debater. You don't start abusing your opponents when you run out of lies. We are on the 7th month and we are yet to see the outcome of your doom prophesies.
What amazes me more is that you are slowly joining the "homa" bandwagon. We welcome you but you need to apologise for causing a lot of stress and misery to some of us here.
The reason for saying this is because you are now at 1% fatality rate compared to your previous 14% . I want you to scale it a bit further down to 0.04%. That's 20000 in the next 4 to 5 years. Most people will have home based care which means your 7m number will never happen.

you need to put aside your useless educational credentials and use your logic/ common sense. Drive or walk around town. Go to kibra , korogocho and finally to mokuru kwa njenga. There you see for yourself that all government guidelines are unheeded. If this infection has crossed all the way to kabarak and bungoma imagine the situation in those places?
I ask again ...the government closed down eastleigh when some cases were reported how comes they never closed down kibra?

I didn't insult you - I just called out the way you were generating numbers... which is true... look again... yesterday you said 99% recover So it's 1% dead now.. this morning you have decided its 0.04%... just picking figures right out of your behind... kesho it will be 0.001% because you feel like that's the rate tomorrow. you are just guessing whatever comes to mind. That is why I called you out.
I presume you know how to read - check all posts, I have written on this subject and tell me where I wrote 14% will die? I am basing my argument on empirical data and not what I feel is the right number on any particular morning.

By the way - this is one of those things I would love to be wrong on... really... I would love to be 100% wrong on...

Eeeish budaa. Tuliz kiasi. Unlike you I don't take my word as the bibilical truth. Though I don't do any culculations My 99% is the full recovery without any major complications. 0.96% is the margin of error. But you are right my figures might change based on my observations. As time goes the figures might drop even lower.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
masukuma
#2123 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 2:21:06 PM

mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:

You are a poor debater. You don't start abusing your opponents when you run out of lies. We are on the 7th month and we are yet to see the outcome of your doom prophesies.
What amazes me more is that you are slowly joining the "homa" bandwagon. We welcome you but you need to apologise for causing a lot of stress and misery to some of us here.
The reason for saying this is because you are now at 1% fatality rate compared to your previous 14% . I want you to scale it a bit further down to 0.04%. That's 20000 in the next 4 to 5 years. Most people will have home based care which means your 7m number will never happen.

you need to put aside your useless educational credentials and use your logic/ common sense. Drive or walk around town. Go to kibra , korogocho and finally to mokuru kwa njenga. There you see for yourself that all government guidelines are unheeded. If this infection has crossed all the way to kabarak and bungoma imagine the situation in those places?
I ask again ...the government closed down eastleigh when some cases were reported how comes they never closed down kibra?

I didn't insult you - I just called out the way you were generating numbers... which is true... look again... yesterday you said 99% recover So it's 1% dead now.. this morning you have decided its 0.04%... just picking figures right out of your behind... kesho it will be 0.001% because you feel like that's the rate tomorrow. you are just guessing whatever comes to mind. That is why I called you out.
I presume you know how to read - check all posts, I have written on this subject and tell me where I wrote 14% will die? I am basing my argument on empirical data and not what I feel is the right number on any particular morning.

By the way - this is one of those things I would love to be wrong on... really... I would love to be 100% wrong on...

Eeeish budaa. Tuliz kiasi. Unlike you I don't take my word as the bibilical truth. Though I don't do any culculations My 99% is the full recovery without any major complications. 0.96% is the margin of error. But you are right my figures might change based on my observations. As time goes the figures might drop even lower.

If you pick figures off the top of your head - it will be called out! Boss, lets agree on basics...You cannot use words like "I don't do any calculations" and "0.96% is the margin of error" in the same sentence.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#2124 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 3:24:23 PM

Europe is opening up to the rest of the world but not to everyone
Quote:

The Council today adopted a recommendation on the gradual lifting of the temporary restrictions on non-essential travel into the EU. Travel restrictions should be lifted for countries listed in the recommendation, with this list being reviewed and, as the case may be, updated every two weeks.

Based on the criteria and conditions set out in the recommendation, as from 1 July member states should start lifting the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries:

Algeria
Australia
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Montenegro
Morocco
New Zealand
Rwanda
Serbia
South Korea
Thailand
Tunisia
Uruguay
China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity
Residents of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican should be considered as EU residents for the purpose of this recommendation.

The criteria to determine the third countries for which the current travel restriction should be lifted cover in particular the epidemiological situation and containment measures, including physical distancing, as well as economic and social considerations. They are applied cumulatively.

Regarding the epidemiological situation, third countries listed should meet the following criteria, in particular:

number of new COVID-19 cases over the last 14 days and per 100 000 inhabitants close to or below the EU average (as it stood on 15 June 2020)
stable or decreasing trend of new cases over this period in comparison to the previous 14 days
overall response to COVID-19 taking into account available information, including on aspects such as testing, surveillance, contact tracing, containment, treatment and reporting, as well as the reliability of the information and, if needed, the total average score for International Health Regulations (IHR). Information provided by EU delegations on these aspects should also be taken into account.
Reciprocity should also be taken into account regularly and on a case-by-case basis.

For countries where travel restrictions continue to apply, the following categories of people should be exempted from the restrictions:

EU citizens and their family members
long-term EU residents and their family members
travellers with an essential function or need, as listed in the Recommendation.
Schengen associated countries (Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) also take part in this recommendation.

kaka2za
#2125 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 4:22:34 PM

masukuma wrote:
Quote:

The Council today adopted a recommendation on the gradual lifting of the temporary restrictions on non-essential travel into the EU. Travel restrictions should be lifted for countries listed in the recommendation, with this list being reviewed and, as the case may be, updated every two weeks.

Based on the criteria and conditions set out in the recommendation, as from 1 July member states should start lifting the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries:

Algeria
Australia
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Montenegro
Morocco
New Zealand
Rwanda
Serbia
South Korea
Thailand
Tunisia
Uruguay
Residents of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and the Vatican should be considered as EU residents for the purpose of this recommendation.

The criteria to determine the third countries for which the current travel restriction should be lifted cover in particular the epidemiological situation and containment measures, including physical distancing, as well as economic and social considerations. They are applied cumulatively.

Regarding the epidemiological situation, third countries listed should meet the following criteria, in particular:

number of new COVID-19 cases over the last 14 days and per 100 000 inhabitants close to or below the EU average (as it stood on 15 June 2020)
stable or decreasing trend of new cases over this period in comparison to the previous 14 days
overall response to COVID-19 taking into account available information, including on aspects such as testing, surveillance, contact tracing, containment, treatment and reporting, as well as the reliability of the information and, if needed, the total average score for International Health Regulations (IHR). Information provided by EU delegations on these aspects should also be taken into account.
Reciprocity should also be taken into account regularly and on a case-by-case basis.

For countries where travel restrictions continue to apply, the following categories of people should be exempted from the restrictions:

Schengen associated countries (Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) also take part in this recommendation.

How is UG not on that list?
There must be other considerations.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#2126 Posted : Wednesday, July 01, 2020 4:58:13 PM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Quote:

Algeria
Australia
Canada
Georgia
Japan
Montenegro
Morocco
New Zealand
Rwanda
Serbia
South Korea
Thailand
Tunisia
Uruguay

How is UG not on that list?
There must be other considerations.

The are some objective qualifiers in the below criteria for evaluation

Quote:

Some like information provided to EU delegation is taken into account
sqft
#2127 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 9:13:17 AM

masukuma wrote:

I thought europe was the epicentre of this corona thing. How do they dare to keep out people who are not sick like them. It is we who should be banning europeans from africa.

https://www.ecdc.europa....ibution-2019-ncov-cases

Quote:
Cases have been reported from:

Africa: 405 076 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are South Africa (151 209), Egypt (68 311), Nigeria (25 694), Ghana (17 741) and Algeria (13 907).

America: 5 327 057 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are United States (2 634 432), Brazil (1 402 041), Peru (285 213), Chile (279 393) and Mexico (226 089).

Europe: 2 442 700 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are Russia (647 849), United Kingdom (312 654), Spain (249 271), Italy (240 578) and Germany (194 725).

Deaths have been reported from:

Africa: 10 147 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are Egypt (2 953), South Africa (2 657), Algeria (912), Nigeria (590) and Sudan (572).

America: 252 485 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United States (127 410), Brazil (59 594), Mexico (27 769), Peru (9 677) and Canada (8 591).

Europe: 191 962 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United Kingdom (43 730), Italy (34 767), France (29 843), Spain (28 355) and Belgium (9 754).
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
masukuma
#2128 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 9:28:30 AM

sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:

I thought europe was the epicentre of this corona thing. How do they dare to keep out people who are not sick like them. It is we who should be banning europeans from africa.

Quote:

Africa: 405 076 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are South Africa (151 209), Egypt (68 311), Nigeria (25 694), Ghana (17 741) and Algeria (13 907).

America: 5 327 057 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are United States (2 634 432), Brazil (1 402 041), Peru (285 213), Chile (279 393) and Mexico (226 089).

Europe: 2 442 700 cases; the five countries reporting most cases are Russia (647 849), United Kingdom (312 654), Spain (249 271), Italy (240 578) and Germany (194 725).

Africa: 10 147 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are Egypt (2 953), South Africa (2 657), Algeria (912), Nigeria (590) and Sudan (572).

America: 252 485 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United States (127 410), Brazil (59 594), Mexico (27 769), Peru (9 677) and Canada (8 591).

Europe: 191 962 deaths; the five countries reporting most deaths are United Kingdom (43 730), Italy (34 767), France (29 843), Spain (28 355) and Belgium (9 754).

It’s past tense... they WERE... they shed that title to the US and then Brazil. Will Africa come there?

Quote:
From the cradle of civilisation in Mesopotamia,Through to the 21st century, Mankind's feedback has consistently been wrong. Nature's feedback is yet to be proven wrong.

Let’s see
Angelica _ann
#2129 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 9:42:06 AM

masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Quote:

It’s past tense... they WERE... they shed that title to the US and then Brazil. Will Africa come there?

Quote:
From the cradle of civilisation in Mesopotamia,Through to the 21st century, Mankind's feedback has consistently been wrong. Nature's feedback is yet to be proven wrong.

Let’s see

Mungu has spared Africa and Africans this corona, but you are really pushing for it to hit us.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Bigchick
#2130 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 11:25:59 AM

masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Let’s see

@Makales,tutakie mema please.Kenya and Africa as a whole.

We are not heading there...we could have been there by now given our near non existent interventions.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Theu
#2131 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 1:04:42 PM

Theu
#2132 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 1:07:10 PM

Policy brief - SARS-CoV-2 antibody prevalence among blood donors in Kenya (1) (1).pdf
/
Theu
#2133 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 1:08:46 PM

I kif up (trying to post a pdf document on the above)
masukuma
#2134 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 2:33:38 PM

Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Let’s see

@Makales,tutakie mema please.Kenya and Africa as a whole.

We are not heading there...we could have been there by now given our near non existent interventions.

The unfortunate thing is that I discovered that the the world and nature don't not move based on my desires or whims... so mimi kutakia watu mema ama ubaya changes nothing in the grand scheme of things. If I knew that I had the power to wish this thing away - I would have invoked the power in January! I am just trying to be objective here... trying to seeing the world as it is not as I want it to be... sioni sababu (yet)... maybe there is a hidden factor or maybe none at all (India got hit, the black people in Brazil are also hit).
Is there a reason? Maybe - I would really love to find out that reason but I don't think I will wish and then do this

masukuma
#2135 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 3:10:11 PM

I must admit ignorance because that’s the only way a person learns... I have to start by stating what I can say I know (more like public knowledge on this) then I will declare what I don’t know.
What I know is that this thing is largely in our hands... physical distancing, hand hygiene, covering coughs, wearing masks, cleaning of surfaces. Those are largely in our control. They determine to a degree whether we get infected or not.
I know government’s role is public awareness, testing, isolation, contact tracing. Our government being our government.... I cannot state for a fact that it’s happening in a way it’s supposed to happen.

Back to us as individuals- Do some of the things that we are meant to do at a persona level get enforced by our environment? Perhaps! Ours is a largely informal economy...People transacting in open spaces in the sun may help in moving the dial. People seated around waiting for work. Does this time we spend outside in the sun generally mean we are no lacking vitamin D and that makes the disease’s outcome mild? Quite probable! Do we have individual (hidden immunity that is just for us black people living in Africa? Highly Unlikely... why would we lose this when we travel abroad? Why do black people there fare badly off).
Bigchick
#2136 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2020 11:37:14 PM

@Mpobiz come here.

https://m.facebook.com/s...&id=224865787558662

@Makales your brief comments please.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
mpobiz
#2137 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 12:27:24 AM

Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
whiteowl
#2138 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 3:07:17 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
masukuma
#2139 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 7:37:55 AM

whiteowl wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

All I can say is
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Sad Sad Sad Pray Pray Pray
Saw the KEMRI paper 12.4% of blood donors in Nairobi got it. Nimesalimu amri.
Bigchick
#2140 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 8:08:42 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
@Mpobiz come here.

Wacha nicheke tu

As you chekaa sense of taste and smell amerudi?

Ama wewe ni inclusive kwa hiyo 2.6M?