Revealing property/ secrets a doubleedged sword?
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 7:50:04 PM

Example 1: I have a ka-neighbour hapa near my house that is very active in monitoring what I am doing with my property. The person is always asking for advice based on what they see I am doing with my place. I readily give it and the neighbour has borrowed my fundis and tools such as slashers na kadhalika countless times mpaka the person can literally be mistaken for a member of my household because they are always seen with my items. I have given the person so many tips and advice on everything from cabinets to landscaping to backyard farming na kadharika. Recently I saw the person had a fundi come by who did an excellent job on their exterior walls and eaves. Woe betide me when I made the mistake of asking for the fundi's number. Response: "Unajua huyo jamaa hapatikani na pia anaulizia pesa mingi!" then came long stories that prevented me from ever getting that number. I was shocked!

Example 2: I have a ka-buddy of mine who lives down the same street of our gated community. He does vibaruas around the esto. He is very friendly and always stops by if he sees me working on my lawns and gardens to piga juicy storos over the fence. Since I grow way more traditional veggies than I and my family can consume, I frequently let him in to pick as much as he wants for his own consumption. I have also given him countless seedlings of fruit trees that are very rare in Kenya. I also give him frequent vibaruas pia when he says he has no money. One day I made the mistake of asking him for some mbegus of some very healthy plants he grows so that I could also grow one or two of them in my backyard garden. SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS on me! The familiar long stories began. Future promises of doubtful veracity as well. To date sijapata hata mbegu imwe, yaani moja, yaani uno, yaani echad, yaani one!

Example 3: Many years ago I had a beshtie who came seeking property advice on buying something in DC. When he came he was green like lemon leaves and supremely wet behind the ears on matters real estate like our very own Sparkles. I walked him through the process shwaaa mpaka akapata kitu. The gratitude and thanks he showered me with was unbelievable! Wacha many years down the line, he became prosperous off my techniques. As his prosperity grew, so did his ego.One day while doing my usual mzululos around DC I decided to pass by his now epic mansion. Wacha nigonge intercom kwa gate. His familiar voice answered. I told him it was me. SILENCE. A very uncomfortable 10 seconds elapsed. Then he mustered the strength to mutter "wacha nikuje hapo." He came to the gate in his cheers baba checkered shorts, tank top and Kwaito tsotsi hat with crocs kwa miguu, scowl on his haggard face. "What are you doing here" he asked? I was shocked! A brief awkward conversation happened. Clearly this ferra did not want me to see the inside of his palace. A few weeks later I heard him sengenyaring me to some mutual friends ati "that mongoose idiot came by unannounced to see me na sichukuwi watu bila appointments!" it sounds even more harsh in mothertongue. I could do nothing but laugh at the irony of the comment.

Moral of the story, sharing secrets can be DANGEROUS. Unasaidia mtu leo, anakupatia asante ya punda kesho. Who was that who said any time you see the average human being repaying a kindness, a river will be flowing uphill!

NIMESEMA!

New Normal!
Jon Jones
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:01:32 PM

Example 1: I have a ka-neighbour hapa near my house that is very active in monitoring what I am doing with my property. The person is always asking for advice based on what they see I am doing with my place. I readily give it and the neighbour has borrowed my fundis and tools such as slashers na kadhalika countless times mpaka the person can literally be mistaken for a member of my household because they are always seen with my items. I have given the person so many tips and advice on everything from cabinets to landscaping to backyard farming na kadharika. Recently I saw the person had a fundi come by who did an excellent job on their exterior walls and eaves. Woe betide me when I made the mistake of asking for the fundi's number. Response: "Unajua huyo jamaa hapatikani na pia anaulizia pesa mingi!" then came long stories that prevented me from ever getting that number. I was shocked!

Example 2: I have a ka-buddy of mine who lives down the same street of our gated community. He does vibaruas around the esto. He is very friendly and always stops by if he sees me working on my lawns and gardens to piga juicy storos over the fence. Since I grow way more traditional veggies than I and my family can consume, I frequently let him in to pick as much as he wants for his own consumption. I have also given him countless seedlings of fruit trees that are very rare in Kenya. I also give him frequent vibaruas pia when he says he has no money. One day I made the mistake of asking him for some mbegus of some very healthy plants he grows so that I could also grow one or two of them in my backyard garden. SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS on me! The familiar long stories began. Future promises of doubtful veracity as well. To date sijapata hata mbegu imwe, yaani moja, yaani uno, yaani echad, yaani one!

Example 3: Many years ago I had a beshtie who came seeking property advice on buying something in DC. When he came he was green like lemon leaves and supremely wet behind the ears on matters real estate like our very own Sparkles. I walked him through the process shwaaa mpaka akapata kitu. The gratitude and thanks he showered me with was unbelievable! Wacha many years down the line, he became prosperous off my techniques. As his prosperity grew, so did his ego.One day while doing my usual mzululos around DC I decided to pass by his now epic mansion. Wacha nigonge intercom kwa gate. His familiar voice answered. I told him it was me. SILENCE. A very uncomfortable 10 seconds elapsed. Then he mustered the strength to mutter "wacha nikuje hapo." He came to the gate in his cheers baba checkered shorts, tank top and Kwaito tsotsi hata with crocs kwa miguu, scowl on his haggard face. "What are you doing here" he asked? I was shocked! A brief awkward conversation happened. Clearly this ferra did not want me to see the inside of his palace. A few weeks later I heard him sengenyaring me to some mutual friends ati "that mongoose idiot came by unannounced to see me na sichukuwi watu bila appointments!" it sounds even more harsh in mothertongue. I could do nothing but laugh at the irony of the comment.

Moral of the story, sharing secrets can be DANGEROUS. Unasaidia mtu leo, anakupatia asante ya punda kesho. Who was that who said any time you see the average human being repaying a kindness, a river will be flowing uphill!

NIMESEMA!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Kumbe you are also a nuisance to everyone else in DC

Lakini you sound like the guys who do someone a tiny favor and expect a disproportional return. They type that lends a slasher/lawn mower for a day and expects a small 100k+ loan in future. When denied, you complain about how ungrateful people are.

You also seem to think that any act of kindness is equivalent to an IOU in your books. So when you go collecting IOU debts, people see your intentions and frustrate your well orchestrated moves. For instance, you seem to think that the last guy owed you his fortune, and he was smart enough to be cold from the start. I am almost certain you wanted something from him and you were planning to leverage the fact that you introduced him to DCnomics. That is a very intelligent fella.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:22:36 PM

This is going to be fun.

If it wasn't for the Her Excellency saga, this promises to be The Virtual Republic of Wazua's show of the week.

The popcorn flow.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:47:27 PM

Jon Jones wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Kumbe you are also a nuisance to everyone else in DC

Lakini you sound like the guys who do someone a tiny favor and expect a disproportional return. They type that lends a slasher/lawn mower for a day and expects a small 100k+ loan in future. When denied, you complain about how ungrateful people are.

You also seem to think that any act of kindness is equivalent to an IOU in your books. So when you go collecting IOU debts, people see your intentions and frustrate your well orchestrated moves. For instance, you seem to think that the last guy owed you his fortune, and he was smart enough to be cold from the start. I am almost certain you wanted something from him and you were planning to leverage the fact that you introduced him to DCnomics. That is a very intelligent fella.

You cannot be serious bro! Look at the things I did for the neighbour and look at what I requested.

Look at the things I did for the Kibarua guy and look at what I requested

On the cheers baba shorts beshtie..I did not want NADA from him other than kumsalimia! You should have seen the scowl on his face. Stunning to say the least. Here is a guy who came to see me in patipati in his "dark days" and sipped on the kahawa I served with very strong slurping sounds because he was very hungry. Kikulacho kweli ki nguoni mwako. Sometimes the best thing is just help kiasi kiasi but not too much because it will come back to bite you big time.
New Normal!
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:27:41 PM

"...that mongoose idiot.."

#6 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 10:31:30 PM

"...that mongoose idiot.."

NewMoney
#7 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 4:08:43 AM

Never expect anything in return from the people you help directly, the universe always pays back but usually through a very different channel/people, mugundaman, we appreciate you, don't gif up because of these individuals who are not appreciating your attempts to help them
#8 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 4:27:01 AM

NewMoney wrote:
Never expect anything in return from the people you help directly, the universe always pays back but usually through a very different channel/people, mugundaman, we appreciate you, don't gif up because of these individuals who are not appreciating your attempts to help them

Good advice but I have learned my lesson mbro. Patiana usaidizi from a distance! Human beings are very fickle creatures. Hayati Moi once said Mwaabrigha ni ghichwa ghumu who needs youth winger viboko and possibly Kamiti to be kept on the straight and narrow. I am beginning to believe him. Tis better to be feared than loved mbecos the fear lasts longer Laughing out loudly
New Normal!
#9 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 10:26:36 AM

Example 3: Many years ago I had a beshtie who came seeking property advice on buying something in DC. When he came he was green like lemon leaves and supremely wet behind the ears on matters real estate like our very own Sparkles. I walked him through the process shwaaa mpaka akapata kitu. The gratitude and thanks he showered me with was unbelievable! Wacha many years down the line, he became prosperous off my techniques. As his prosperity grew, so did his ego.One day while doing my usual mzululos around DC I decided to pass by his now epic mansion. Wacha nigonge intercom kwa gate. His familiar voice answered. I told him it was me. SILENCE. A very uncomfortable 10 seconds elapsed. Then he mustered the strength to mutter "wacha nikuje hapo." He came to the gate in his cheers baba checkered shorts, tank top and Kwaito tsotsi hat with crocs kwa miguu, scowl on his haggard face. "What are you doing here" he asked? I was shocked! A brief awkward conversation happened. Clearly this ferra did not want me to see the inside of his palace. A few weeks later I heard him sengenyaring me to some mutual friends ati "that mongoose idiot came by unannounced to see me na sichukuwi watu bila appointments!" it sounds even more harsh in mothertongue. I could do nothing but laugh at the irony of the comment.

NIMESEMA!

Mugunda man, I'm happy that you found a family
#10 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 10:54:02 AM

NIMESEMA!

Hapo kwa DC sijaelewa. Ni pale Westlands kwa DC au wapi?smile
#11 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 11:53:55 AM

NIMESEMA!

Hapo kwa DC sijaelewa. Ni pale Westlands kwa DC au wapi?smile

DC-dustbowl county aka Kajiado county
#12 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 12:22:33 PM

NIMESEMA!

Swenani huwa husameheismile
#13 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 4:10:39 PM

Good to see you are taking notes and keeping every record of my life from movement to movement and from dusk to dawn. Wish I could return the favour but unfortunately I can't Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
New Normal!
#14 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 4:42:14 PM

Good to see you are taking notes and keeping every record of my life from movement to movement and from dusk to dawn. Wish I could return the favour but unfortunately I can't Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I understand, you're my role model. When I grow up, I want to be youLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
#15 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 5:06:47 PM

I understand, you're my role model. When I grow up, I want to be youLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You want to be noisy nosy neighbor like Manchester City Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
RFE_20354
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:51:35 AM

Jon Jones wrote:

You cannot be serious bro! Look at the things I did for the neighbour and look at what I requested.

Look at the things I did for the Kibarua guy and look at what I requested

On the cheers baba shorts beshtie..I did not want NADA from him other than kumsalimia! You should have seen the scowl on his face. Stunning to say the least. Here is a guy who came to see me in patipati in his "dark days" and sipped on the kahawa I served with very strong slurping sounds because he was very hungry. Kikulacho kweli ki nguoni mwako. Sometimes the best thing is just help kiasi kiasi but not too much because it will come back to bite you big time.

Eish!! mjamaa has zero chills. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Jon Jones
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 9:12:22 PM

Mugundaman you obviously are a pain in everyone's ass both online and offline. I can't blame any of those unlucky guys for having the misfortune of interacting with you in real life. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
#18 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2022 12:20:50 PM

NIMESEMA!

Si unapenda udaku haki Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
#19 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2022 7:49:38 AM

I must admit. This amorphous chap makes for a riveting read Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly