wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<15161718>
Portfolio Balancing: Avoid Over Exposure To Financial Sector
Ericsson
#321 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:53:34 PM

Kenya central bank says banking sector consolidation to continue

Kenya central bank governor said on Tuesday ongoing consolidation in the banking sector will continue.

“We are not done yet,” Patrick Njoroge told a news conference, adding that the market-driven consolidation was working.

There has been significant consolidation among Kenyan banks since two mid-sized lenders were closed due to liquidity problems, with the most recent major deal being the acquisition of National Bank of Kenya by KCB Group.

https://af.reuters.com/a...News/idAFKBN1W9138-OZABS
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#322 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2020 6:58:14 PM

In a live TEAMS session with the exchange bar.. Its unlikely that more than one wheel gets a puncture during a journey, unless you have generally faulty tyre. I speak in code

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Monk
#323 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 2:08:37 PM

obiero wrote:
In a live TEAMS session with the exchange bar.. Its unlikely that more than one wheel gets a puncture during a journey, unless you have generally faulty tyre. I speak in code

@Obiero Do you think our tyres are currently fine? Between Locusts, COVID-19 and 2022, what are our chances of surviving this gauntlet?
obiero
#324 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:49:12 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@Obiero Do you think our tyres are currently fine? Between Locusts, COVID-19 and 2022, what are our chances of surviving this gauntlet?

No. Any tier II should not be touched and it may be prudent to stick with the top 3 in Tier I until the dust settles

Monk
#325 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:15:20 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

No. Any tier II should not be touched and it may be prudent to stick with the top 3 in Tier I until the dust settles

I think some of the top 3 will also take quite a hit, depending on their exposure to Gov paper, and retail borrowers. Somebody mentioned Equity ....
Angelica _ann
#326 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:54:16 PM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

I think some of the top 3 will also take quite a hit, depending on their exposure to Gov paper, and retail borrowers. Somebody mentioned Equity ....

StanChart and ABSA will wither the storm better than the rest!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Monk
#327 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 10:30:59 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind
obiero
#328 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 10:40:50 AM

Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

The same SCBK that closed 8 branches last month? ABSA that doesn’t have a mobile wallet attached to Safaricom Trust?

obiero
#329 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 10:42:20 AM

Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

The same SCBK that closed 8 branches last month? ABSA that doesn’t have a mobile wallet attached to Safaricom Trust? To each his/her own

Angelica _ann
#330 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 11:07:51 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

The same SCBK that closed 8 branches last month? ABSA that doesn’t have a mobile wallet attached to Safaricom Trust? To each his/her own

Conventional, they are average whatever the economic status. Closing branches,others will follow shortly.

ABSA, mobile wallet attached to Safaricom,thought they have 303030 and Timiza_ just asking - clarify what you mean?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Monk
#331 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 11:47:58 AM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

@Obiero Looking at them from a prudence perspective...limited skeletons and risky moves. That also means during the good times, they don't grow as fast as their more aggressive competitors.
Monk
#332 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 11:50:07 AM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

@Obiero Looking at them from a prudence perspective...limited skeletons and risky moves. That also means during the good times, they don't grow as fast as their more aggressive competitors.

Remember which banks got their fingers burned at KQ?
obiero
#333 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 12:23:10 PM

Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

Which fingers? KQLC is alive and well with GoK guarantee worth 75B on ordinary mandatory convertible notes. There's a reason why the top 3 are top 3

Monk
#334 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 12:56:37 PM

obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

Which fingers? KQLC is alive and well with GoK guarantee worth 75B on ordinary mandatory convertible notes. There's a reason why the top 3 are top 3

Your faith in GoK guarantees is admirable. Perhaps I've just been unlucky with them once too often. Anyway, every experience is a learning opportunity. Some of us eventually became a lot more cautious with our investment choices.
VituVingiSana
#335 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 8:17:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

StanChart, yes.
ABSA is South African and generally the SA firms haven't done very well in Kenya. Perhaps it will be different this time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
heri
#336 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:27:13 PM

https://www.standardmedi...ump-by-over-20-per-cent

South African lender Absa said on Tuesday it expected its first-half profits to fall by more than 20 per cent, with the impact of the coronavirus outbreak already taking a substantial toll on its performance and prompting bad debts to double.
Angelica _ann
#337 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:30:51 PM

heri wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001372853/absa-warns-profit-likely-to-slump-by-over-20-per-cent

South African lender Absa said on Tuesday it expected its first-half profits to fall by more than 20 per cent, with the impact of the coronavirus outbreak already taking a substantial toll on its performance and prompting bad debts to double.

They have lost the Barclays clout, where to run now Sad Sad Sad
obiero
#338 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 6:53:44 AM

Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:
Monk wrote:
obiero wrote:

@AA you read my mind

Your faith in GoK guarantees is admirable. Perhaps I've just been unlucky with them once too often. Anyway, every experience is a learning opportunity. Some of us eventually became a lot more cautious with our investment choices.

Ndio hayo ya Stanchart https://www.businessdail...ults-hit-profit-3019114

obiero
#339 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2023 11:58:38 PM

It was written

Ericsson
#340 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2023 6:54:44 AM

obiero wrote:
It was written

NCBA is a star
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation