wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

63 Pages«<60616263>
UNAITAS
Nifiche
#1221 Posted : Monday, April 06, 2020 1:33:21 PM

I like that they try to be innovative, for example, their focus on chamas and SMEs (remember their TV show Unaitas Chamas?). They are trying to be a bank and the moratorium put by CBK slowed them down (not Unaitas' fault however). I also like that their dividends are 'low' therefore sustainable compared to other saccos which give 12%-15% but have rumors of mismanagement; the high dividends are meant to attract more to the slaughterhouse.

That being said, I feel they should really try to be a 'proper' bank and leave behind sacco tendencies. They are not Metropolitan sacco or other those funny saccos. For example, the new CEO is Martin Muhoho but Tony Mwangi has never updated his Linkedin profile that reads he is still CEO. If you google, for a minute you will be confused who really is the CEO. Small stuff but very annoying and tells you a lot about how they run their things. The financial reports are never availed on time and you almost have to beg to get them.

I still have my shares, most of which were from reinvesting the dividends but the last two years nimekula hizo dividends. All my money will go to NSE/other investments until post-2022 as I have more faith there than Unaitas.

--

@xtina: I'm missing FY2016 and FY2017 financial reports. Are you in a position to share?
If you think you can you're right; if you think you can't you're right.
target1360
#1222 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 12:41:39 PM

It is important for unaitas to offer more transparency.
How will we know whether the business is doing well or not.
They could easily pay dividends from sale of unlimited shares?
I find satisfaction in owning great business,not trading them
xtina
#1223 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2020 8:44:54 AM

Nifiche wrote:
I like that they try to be innovative, for example, their focus on chamas and SMEs (remember their TV show Unaitas Chamas?). They are trying to be a bank and the moratorium put by CBK slowed them down (not Unaitas' fault however). I also like that their dividends are 'low' therefore sustainable compared to other saccos which give 12%-15% but have rumors of mismanagement; the high dividends are meant to attract more to the slaughterhouse.

That being said, I feel they should really try to be a 'proper' bank and leave behind sacco tendencies. They are not Metropolitan sacco or other those funny saccos. For example, the new CEO is Martin Muhoho but Tony Mwangi has never updated his Linkedin profile that reads he is still CEO. If you google, for a minute you will be confused who really is the CEO. Small stuff but very annoying and tells you a lot about how they run their things. The financial reports are never availed on time and you almost have to beg to get them.

I still have my shares, most of which were from reinvesting the dividends but the last two years nimekula hizo dividends. All my money will go to NSE/other investments until post-2022 as I have more faith there than Unaitas.

--

@xtina: I'm missing FY2016 and FY2017 financial reports. Are you in a position to share?

Unfortunately due to quarantine manenos I'm stuck somewhere without access to my personal laptop but I do have them, all the way from 2014. But you can try requesting from the physical branch's customer care or email them (which is a completely ridiculous way of getting financial statements).
kimanimsc
#1224 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 6:07:47 AM

Unaitas shares on offer at discounted price. Looking to offload 20k units (smaller lots acceptable to) and if in need of more I can supply.
email: kihumbuini(at)gmail(dot)com
winmak
#1225 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 7:26:54 AM

kimanimsc wrote:
Unaitas shares on offer at discounted price. Looking to offload 20k units (smaller lots acceptable to) and if in need of more I can supply.

Why are you selling?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
kimanimsc
#1226 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2020 9:22:17 AM

winmak wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Why are you selling?

I just need some cash to complete a project. This is basically offloading dividend that I have been reinvesting since 2014. I will still remain with quite a good amount of shares.
enyands
#1227 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2020 2:39:16 PM

xtina wrote:
Nifiche wrote:

--

Unfortunately due to quarantine manenos I'm stuck somewhere without access to my personal laptop but I do have them, all the way from 2014. But you can try requesting from the physical branch's customer care or email them (which is a completely ridiculous way of getting financial statements).

Kindly can you send it all to me at bmuks2001-at-yahoo-dot-com
Moorings
#1228 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:15:41 AM

Greetings! On another note, has anyone dealt with UNAITAS? How would you rate them as regarding taking a development/construction loan from them as compared to a bank?
Thanks!
Sir invest
#1229 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2021 12:21:01 PM

UNAITAS................Any information about AGM 2021??
Sir invest
#1230 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 9:11:15 AM

2021 Dividends loading.........
speculator
#1231 Posted : Monday, March 29, 2021 12:43:19 PM

Sad Sad this dividends is top secret. No one is giving us what was discussed at ADM last Friday. All quite in their social media handles. Bure Kabisa!!!
Sir invest wrote:

Nifiche
#1232 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 12:12:31 PM

Sir invest wrote:

7% of investment shares. Available Thursday 1st April in shareholders' accounts.

https://fb.watch/4yFtzUJ_ug/

Not bad in a COVID year, me thinks...
target1360
#1233 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2022 10:18:54 AM

What happened to this next Ekwete bank called unaitas. It is may and they are yet to pay us dividends. A few years ago Unaitas was the hot thing in Wazua.Nowadays no one mentions it.
Speculz
#1234 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2022 6:41:50 AM

target1360 wrote:
What happened to this next Ekwete bank called unaitas. It is may and they are yet to pay us dividends. A few years ago Unaitas was the hot thing in Wazua.Nowadays no one mentions it.

What do you mean? Dividends were paid on 01/04/22. Check your dividends account. A text was also sent on the same date.
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
target1360
#1235 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2022 10:15:19 AM

Speculz wrote:
target1360 wrote:

What do you mean? Dividends were paid on 01/04/22. Check your dividends account. A text was also sent on the same date.

Thank you. I might have missed the textApplause
Nifiche
#1236 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2022 11:26:39 AM

Monday morning rant: Shall we give Unaitas a gold medal in testing people's patience?! Where are the promised returns, turning into a bank and all that? Granted they have consistently paid 7% dividends even during the COVID year but Bonds have been delivering double that. Does Unaitas even make any sense?
osa2
#1237 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2022 2:51:56 AM

Sakangu
#1238 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2023 8:00:06 AM

When is Unitas posting the dividends?, any serious institution has already done so by now.
Sir invest
#1239 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2023 8:01:49 PM

As usual directors could be fighting on who, how, when.... to do the Annual Financial Audit!!!!!
gatoho
#1240 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2023 5:57:25 AM

In all fairness they always pay on the 1st of April. Question is, do they get to 9% or fall below the 7? Nī gutee
Foresight..