wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<1112131415>»
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach
mamilli
#241 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:06:26 PM

snifadog wrote:
Speaking of cryptos, the admins here should verify the wazua domain on the BAT publishers list so that the site can make some free revenue. BAT is a token for rewarding users on the web, it has started picking up traction with the likes of guardian, washington post et al already verified and using it.
https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

Usikonde budaa,hapa wazoo tuko stone age Laughing out loudly
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
mamilli
#242 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 6:42:56 PM

mamilli wrote:
Raven coin and Binance coin in price discovery mode against BTC...did a sweet 3x on BNB in as many months,missed out big time on RVN (will dive in head first once it pulls back).Cardano "my new crush" is making sexy moves,all the while king BTC soundly asleep!

Today BTC undoubtedly confirmed it still got some serious mojo.Cardano is still in the mood,lets rock baby....jumped in @ usd 0.045 late feb and now almost double even before the SHELLY upgrade.
All NSE speculators have absolutely no reason not to be in this arena.
Mukiri
#243 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2019 1:44:08 AM

Mukiri wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Watu wa crypto siku hizi hawaongei. Afadhali my HAFR

i can't remember the last time I looked at the market. I sold when ETC tripled my money and came back to buy a select few at rock bottom. I'll be back when the noise starts. Maybe mid to end of next year. Maybe sooner

Back much sooner than I expected. No harm in a little speculation, before the real tides set in.

Comrades, please share what you are currently speculating in, what you are eyeing and what you've diarized Pray I'm wiping the dust off my reading material

Proverbs 19:21
Mukiri
#244 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2019 2:01:52 AM

Sober wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Sober wrote:
snifadog wrote:
BTC bull season will be back, bigger and better. It's only a matter of time. Pack your bags and wait for the moon mission(s) ?
Naysayers like obiero et al will be left to rue the missed opportunities

Anyone who invested in alts in January 2019 is currently staring at an average gains of 15-20% before even the bull run sets in.

Guys should keep calm next target is May 2020 (halving), when enough newbies have began moving in. Right now its still Obieros time to fire salvos at us.

Ideally crypto should be treated like dustbowl migundas, you buy and FORGET.

The buying and forgetting works when you buy the main cryptos BTC, ETH, XRP and LTC. But for those who venture into the small caps. you have to keep on checking, you may be away for a while and find an exchange stopped the trading and gave hodlers a month to withdraw before the final suspension, or price mooned and came back to Zero. Each trader I believe has their own strategy depending on many variables.

Hodling is but a reserve of the giants, top market caps and major exchange coins. And even that is subject to periodic review. The rate at which new coins are entering the market, each seemingly shinier than the other, is unnerving. Make your money quick, then move on. I shy away from getting caught up in the melodrama and treat all of them as shit coins.

That said, yes... every market participant does have their own strategy based on many variables

Proverbs 19:21
Beler
#245 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 2:54:19 PM

Excellent thread and strategy. However, I would like to recommend you to pay attention on currency correlations. You will find that all currencies are correlated to Bitcoin. So, if you are searching crypto with an upward trend, then look at BTC
mamilli
#246 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 7:12:27 PM

mamilli wrote:
Raven coin and Binance coin in price discovery mode against BTC...did a sweet 3x on BNB in as many months,missed out big time on RVN (will dive in head first once it pulls back).Cardano "my new crush" is making sexy moves,all the while king BTC soundly asleep!

BTC did finally wake up and embarked on an unyielding rally.Nonetheless shitcoin bags lazima and as such,going forward my Hodl blockfolio comprises of BTC 76%,ETH 15%,ADA 3%,LINK 3%,ENJ 3%.
So far so good,well in the green,however it's not lost in me that the cryptoverse is fraught with significant risks and uncertainities...but hussle we must!
mamilli
#247 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 11:03:58 AM

It will be interesting to see how much of a premium ETHE will fetch.Remember GBTC trades upwards of 2X the price of BTC.Ignore Ethereum at your own risk.

https://www.marketwatch....019-05-23?ref=tokendaily
mamilli
#248 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:04:33 PM

mamilli wrote:
mamilli wrote:
Sober wrote:
Cryptocurrency will make you money in a month what would take a decade on the stock market, at the same time it may render you bankrupt if you place all your wealth there and forget to cash out during the bull run. The trick is to harvest as the price goes higher to remain sober so that when the market is red, you will be praying for even lower prices for you to accumulate more. I say this out of experience, ulizeni maswali mjibiwe.

ooh! before i forget

1 Bitcoin = $3,687.46 as i type

What bags are you holding?
My blockfolio looks like this...BTC,ETH,XRP,EOS,BNB,LINK,also bought into the EO coin ICO (native token for the soon to be launched EO.TRADE exchange)

PS..BTC constitutes 70%,the rest shitcoins smile

My shitcoin bags have outdone Bitcoin AF.Save for ETH (bought at $120),am literally ridding XRP,BNB & LINK on the house's money.I recently dropped EOS for ADA.....Hail satoshi.

Exactly 3 months ago I dived head first into ETH @ $120,current price $285 (meagre gains this neck of the woods).Currently BTC is 50% down from ATH,ETH still 80% down from ATH.Clearly Ethereum has lagged,but it usually does catch up.

Currently my principal is split 70%BTC,30%ETH....the rest of crap coins I hold (XRP,BNB,LNK,ADA) are essentially the house's money.

So 1yr 2months into my crypto journey,my initial capital is 430% up,largely (to my surprise) due to the crap coins listed above.

PS:If my mouth gets too full,I may stop talking smile Pray
Aleksks
#249 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:32:18 AM

I am not in crypto yet. I know it's been a mistake to avoid Bitcoin so far. Some of my friends earn pretty fine by speculating on Crypto Currency. They tell me their transactions can take hours, and the market can move extremely quickly, but nevertheless they won't quit. I have been just trying to learn the market and read tons of info on https://cryptolinks.com/ and other informative resources. My next step would be investing in a small part of Bitcoin this month.
mamilli
#250 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:55:32 PM

My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92
Jon Jones
#251 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 10:37:13 PM

mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

FOMO detected. Past performance does not predict future performance.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Jon Jones
#252 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 10:38:47 PM

Aleksks wrote:
I am not in crypto yet. I know it's been a mistake to avoid Bitcoin so far. Some of my friends earn pretty fine by speculating on Crypto Currency. They tell me their transactions can take hours, and the market can move extremely quickly, but nevertheless they won't quit. I have been just trying to learn the market and read tons of info on https://cryptolinks.com/ and other informative resources. My next step would be investing in a small part of Bitcoin this month.

No it hasn't been a mistake. Anyone who bought bitcoin after 2017 likely made a loss to date. You avoided losing money.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Jon Jones
#253 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 11:33:59 PM

I will get into bitcoin when it has a weekly close above the 55 EMA (around $8,000). Until then, this seems like a dead cat bounce to me. I have also done an extended investigation on bitcoin and concluded that shorting and using leverage is an unprofitable strategy when you account for losses, funding fees, trading costs and the limited upside. For traders, I believe that we are in a bear market and bears (shorters) will make more money than bulls. I will wait in the sidelines until we are firmly back in bull territory.
mamilli
#254 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 12:41:35 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

Wee kaa hapo ukiimba past performance...learn to ride momentum...BSV is another.
Spikes
#255 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 2:46:57 PM

mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

Wee kaa hapo ukiimba past performance...learn to ride momentum...BSV is another.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Jon Jones
#256 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:02:14 PM

mamilli wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

I will also get in, but after we cross the 8k mark on BTC. In the meantime, you will lose $$ on those picks. Guaranteed. So we have a situation where I get in at the right time with minimal risk and you get in earlier (but cheaper) with the possibility that we may remain bearish for a year or ten.
Jon Jones
#257 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2020 2:23:50 AM

mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

I take back my criticism Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Master, show me your ways Drool Drool

Your bag of shitcoins is 95% up on average.

On a serious note though, we are firmly in bull territory, and it crossed the 8k mark so now I'm interested. Waiting for a pullback to the 8k level to get in with a stop loss at 7800.
mamilli
#258 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 7:02:00 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

I take back my criticism Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Master, show me your ways Drool Drool

Your bag of shitcoins is 95% up on average.

On a serious note though, we are firmly in bull territory, and it crossed the 8k mark so now I'm interested. Waiting for a pullback to the 8k level to get in with a stop loss at 7800.

Kijana umejaa mchezo sana.
When BTC begins breaking major levels like 10.5k,14k,20k...shitcoin rally will blow your mind,small positions turn into huge bags in no time.

As for BTC,I don't think there has been sufficient correction atleast IN TIME,however I do believe the macro-low is IN.
mamilli
#259 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2020 7:59:51 PM

mamilli wrote:
My 2020 Shitcoinfolio:
1.Ether @ 113
2.Tezos @ 1.36
3.Link @ 1.92

After slightly over 100% gains,sold 50% of each,added Kyber KNC @ 0.68.To add Ether at any price sub 150.
snifadog
#260 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2020 8:09:33 PM

good call, you are unlikely to get ETH sub 150 again unless a sizeable bear turn.