wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

DISASTER IN WAITING POST AUG 4TH?
Ngalaka
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:20:34 AM

Might this be a recipe for disast!

Post Aug 4th we are governed under the new constitution. PM is by law integral in all major appointments going forward.

He is currently ailing in some very delicate and sensitive areas that could easily cloud his ability to discern matters effectively.

If eventually this renders him unfit (heath wise) to carry out such duties, which are crucial in the running of government, what option do we have as a country?

It is clear what happens when the president is incapacitated. How about the PM, especially now that the COE ‘negotiated’ some sweeping powers for him.

Are we walking smack into a constitutional crisis of sorts?

What are the chances that he would voluntarily opt out for love of Kenya to avert the imminent crisis!

Can the president legally appoint someone else in his place. If so how would the PM/minders react?

What role are the all too well known sycophants, especially the brigade in Parliament, likely to play to aggravate/ameliorate the situation.
A possible eventuality I think it is!

However none is obligated to agree with this view,what's your take, are such fears legitimate or are they misguided.
Sobriety in approach to this issue will give us a clear picture.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Fundaah
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:31:04 AM

HOT AIR......Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
The real disaster is if NO wins ..and God forbid your scenario materialises.....
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Ngalaka
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:45:46 AM

Discredit the issues raised by demonstrating how wrong they are - using good rationale.
Show us the correct way of looking at the scenario so envisaged.
Cheerleading and gut feeling driven support and discounting of other peoples points of view should be left to guys at the construction sites (mjengo mohines).

The Ostrich never saved its backside by burying its head in the sand.
murenj
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:06:26 AM

read the schedules at the back of the proposed constitution which stipulate when various sections of the constitution will commence, and spare us your display of ignorance. Chances are that the current parliament will serve out its life span as they enact various acts stipulated in the proposed constitution.
rasilio
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 11:58:29 AM

i think rutorians have brought their campaign online.

Do you read Ngalaka? then read your copy and the schedules. spells out exactly what will be done,when and by whom. even tells you what happens if those who don't do it don't

Ngalaka the real disaster is if No wins

1. MP's will increase their salaries to 2 million,
2. back to 2010 campaigns
3. don't forget some guys are going to the hague.

give us some things to consider and think about not some hot air about things that aren't there.

you are so busy looking at Railas panties you refuse to think about yourself.
Jump-steady
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:16:35 PM

Doomsday scenario that, Ngalaka.

So which way forward? Postponing the referendum is not an option. Parliament debating on the sticky issues has just been trashed. Kofi Annan has also joined the bandwagon of those that believe that without a new constitution, Kenya will be no more. There are also those who say that with a new constitution Kenya will not make it in 2012. 2012 is therefore a year kenya dreads. However, could these be stratagems by both sides to gain votes? If the likes of Kofi Annan know for sure that it is only a new document that can save this country, why subject it to a referendum? Is it a ploy to rig the referendum? Whichever way you look at it, if kenyans have an appetite for a civil war, they'll still go ahead and do it for so many reasons in the current constitution or even the proposed one.
Ngalaka
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:51:42 PM

I ask the question again.

The president is required by law to consult the PM while making appointments.

It is conceivable (especially now that he is ailing) that the PM could be incapacitated.

How will the appointments be made.

How would we deal with such an eventuality.

Comments that dont address themselves to issues raised arent too helpful.

Over-optimism when dealing with cricial matters!
Well tell me!