wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Four MPs defect to NO camp
Noble
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 5:54:22 PM

Four Kenya MPs have announced their defection to the group opposed to the proposed constitution, which they say is divisive.
Jamleck Kamau (Kigumo), Peter Mwathi (Limuru), Silas Muriuki Ruteere (North Imenti) and Nominated MP George Nyamweya said Wednesday that their decision was also informed by the refusal of the House Business Committee to slot Mr Kamau's Referendum Bill in the Order Paper.

So. what changed in the draft?Sad

http://www.nation.co.ke/...6/-/ukfuuy/-/index.html
Impunity
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:06:01 PM

There eyes are finally opened.
A draft which have almost every clause ending with "...will be determine by regulations that will be determine by the mpigs..." and u still think its a great draft?See how they are increasing they wages!!!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

PONDI
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:09:55 PM

seems like the watermelons are coming out of the closets!! karibuni members...tuko wengi
suwan
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:16:41 PM

of course nothing has changed in the draft...but I think it is a blackmail tactic
Soon or later rthey will all resort to it...watch them in the next one month
Wendz
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:28:46 PM

Ati who and who? I dont even know the lot! do they really think they make much of a difference? They are just bunch of opportunists... they wait for the NO guys to do the donkey work and when it has been popular and they have realised they have no much attention from the yes camp, they claim change of mind..... I wonder how many votes they can mobilise to follow them including their backyard....well, even if NO was to win it wouldnt sway their votes to a significant majority win just because these dudes changed their minds - if there was a change at all, that is.

Ati kwanza a nominated MP and he makes news on "defection"? Its like a father strolling into a severe hunger-striken home with a gazette.............
Impunity
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:29:08 PM

Water melon imeanguka ikapasuka, sasa twaona ndani yake.
Applause Applause Applause
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

conos
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:32:26 PM

wat the big fuse abt mpigs defecting??????? si they have one voters card like any other kenyan?? and sooooo many credit cards!!!
With mpigs its not abt the draft... its yes yes yes 90 million in 90 days. uhuru akakaaa ngumu
ukiona choo kwa ndoto usiingie, ni mtego!
dossy7
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:36:34 PM

what they really want is the fat paychecks nothing about defection
useless kenyan Mpigs.
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
kadonye
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:40:01 PM

Ni haki yao ya kidemokrasia ya kujiunga na upande uwapendezao zaidi.

Wananchi wa kawaida wanabadilisha maoni yao kwa nini wabunge na viongozi wengine wasibadilishe?

Hii katiba si kama hesabu ya 1+1,inakanganya wengi.Inawakanganya mawakili sembuse wabunge wasio na ujuzi maalum wa maswala ya kikatiba
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
nostoppingthis
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:41:42 PM

Assuming the No wins this one, then we go to an election...one of these guys gets the executive presidency :)
bkismat
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:46:08 PM

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
rasilio
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:56:28 PM

get ready for more....and the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

i defected because my bill was not taken up even when I knew it was impossible to change the timetable...Hey by the way I am really an MP. I have been there for the last 10 years. You don't know me?

I am sure this will lead to all Kenyans following them where the priests have failed.
kingfisher
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 7:01:37 PM

rasilio wrote:
get ready for more....and the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

i defected because my bill was not taken up even when I knew it was impossible to change the timetable...Hey by the way I am really an MP. I have been there for the last 10 years. You don't know me?

I am sure this will lead to all Kenyans following them where the priests have failed.

@rasilio....how does it feel being an mpig?? Do you know what an mipg is? ABK!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
kadonye
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:16:36 PM

@kingfisher,I thot rasilio is an ordinary kenyan using sarcasm to drive his point home
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
youcan'tstopusnow
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 8:58:17 PM

I couldn't care less if the whole parliament supported the "NO" camp
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
wa P
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:29:49 PM

@Wendz et al,

One man's meat is another's MP.

That Jamleck guy is my MP, and I am proud of him.
He is the first MP ever from that constituency to 'appear' in a newspaper!!

See the bigger picture - didn't you people hear there is no more money in Yes camp? What business would an Mpig do in such a camp? Hata kama ni wewe?

Besides the MP sideshows...Why am i thinking that NO shall win?

Personally I have not read the draft, just acquired a copy (hope its the right one) and now looking for a copy of the CURRENT constitution. I shall read both coming weekend and decide which way to go.

Wendz
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:44:40 AM

wa P wrote:
@Wendz et al,

See the bigger picture - didn't you people hear there is no more money in Yes camp? What business would an Mpig do in such a camp? Hata kama ni wewe?

Personally I have not read the draft, just acquired a copy (hope its the right one) and now looking for a copy of the CURRENT constitution. I shall read both coming weekend and decide which way to go.

Wa P

Yes. I get the point..... Yes is broke and No just did a fundraising.... now, that makes sense!

It is good you have decided to make a decision based on proper information and not the fatness of the kiondo.... An am here to help you. You should be able to get the current constitution on this website: http://www.kenyalaw.org/update/index.php

Soko tele
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:20:21 AM

Wendz wrote:
wa P wrote:
@Wendz et al,

Wa P

Yes. I get the point..... Yes is broke and No just did a fundraising.... now, that makes sense!

It is good you have decided to make a decision based on proper information and not the fatness of the kiondo.... An am here to help you. You should be able to get the current constitution on this website: http://www.kenyalaw.org/update/index.php

@ Wa P.

I guess comparing the draft with the current should not help you decide how to vote. Why get an Xtrail to replace your Vitz when the person giving you the car can get you an X6.

For the record the draft has good stuff that kenyans have faught for a long time but we can get a better document. It doesnt make any ecconomic sense to vote yes on 4th and amend later clauses that we already know about now.

What the yes guys are telling me is, i agree to have an Xtrail then they modify it to an X6 there afterShame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Tukatae turekebishePray Pray
Rahatupu
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:37:11 AM

Kenyans have a very short memory. Beside the issues in the Draft for which I must salute Wazuans for their avid debate, the rest ni siasa mbaya.

Now talking of politics, the NO camp is anti reform to the core (even historically). What do we stand to gain from their selfish and retarded mentality? The Draft may not be perfect but is certainly better than the current constitution.

We risk losing focus of the bigger picture, perhaps we've listened to NO lies for so long that they now seem to be true. Recall the repressive Moi days, the corruption gangs of Jirongo, Ruto, et al? The cheating, careless and reckless voting rigging of Kibaki and Raila 2007?

Whether these melons burst or remain intact does not change the arithmetic substantially, they eat where their noses take them. BURE KABISA
Soko tele
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:48:12 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
Kenyans have a very short memory. Beside the issues in the Draft for which I must salute Wazuans for their avid debate, the rest ni siasa mbaya.

Now talking of politics, the NO camp is anti reform to the core (even historically). What do we stand to gain from their selfish and retarded mentality? The Draft may not be perfect but is certainly better than the current constitution.

We risk losing focus of the bigger picture, perhaps we've listened to NO lies for so long that they now seem to be true. Recall the repressive Moi days, the corruption gangs of Jirongo, Ruto, et al? The cheating, careless and reckless voting rigging of Kibaki and Raila 2007?

Whether these melons burst or remain intact does not change the arithmetic substantially, they eat where their noses take them. BURE KABISA

I find that text offensive, the fact that i am not in your camp doesn't make you any more of a reformist or grant you the absolute monopoly of the same.