wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<4243444546>»
Coronavirus
masukuma
#861 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 12:04:10 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Friday is a special day for the Muslim Community.

Sunday is fast approaching.

Quote:
Churches defy coronavirus restrictions in Brazil and Africa
Religious congregations risk accelerating Covid-19 outbreak as pandemic moves to emerging markets

“Shutting down churches would be like shutting down hospitals,” David Oyedepo, dressed in a pressed, white suit, told a crowd of hundreds from the pulpit in a livestream of one sermon last month.

Nigeria’s 200m citizens are among the most religiously observant people in the world, surveys show, and the mainly Christian south is home to several Pentecostal megachurches.

That makes religious institutions vital if countries like Nigeria are to slow the spread of the virus, explained Idayat Hassan, director of the Abuja-based Centre for Democracy and Development.

“Religious institutions remain the key to combating the scourge, as they are the most trusted sources and platform in the country today,” she said, warning that many have so far framed the pandemic as a hoax. “Depending on how effectively they utilise their platform, social distancing can be achieved.”

Source: The Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/conte...ily-empty-email:content

Its everywhere

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
sqft
#862 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 12:13:24 PM

Why the double standards in coverage of pandemics?

How the BBC is covering coronavirus in the the UK. No images of patients.

How the BBC covered ebola in Africa. The suffering and nakedness of dying african patients had to be beamed all over the world.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
tycho
#863 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 12:40:48 PM

If we consider how much aerosol action we get from the nose, we may be justified to consider disinfecting the air.

But it appears that the respiratory canal can trap most of the viruses in place, before they can reach the lungs and alveoli. This is of great advantage to us, and is source of assurance that once we start to disinfect the respiratory system our treatment can be timed to good measure. And that we can have a high recovery rate.

Viruses residing in the mouth are either swallowed or inhaled. Wherever the virus lands, it attacks, and thus we can get gastrointestinal symptoms.

I think we can now know how the graph takes off. The more people are localized in proximity, the more they spray the air with more viruses till their population is so high, that nearly everyone has to be sick. That's when the curve takes off.

The curve peaks when there are very few new hosts for the virus. So we see the number of cases stabilizing and now diminishing with time, till we say we have contained it.

But I suspect that when the virus is inert it may just be waiting for the right season: when people around inhale the inert virus and reactivate it through an incubation period that is either detectable or undetectable. Then the cycle repeats itself again ad finitum.

If this line of thought is correct, then the line of defence that we started with is and will be critical to how well we can manage any herd immunization exercise that we may undertake.

I haven't spoken much about the eyes, but they may be a major entry point for the virus. But it appears that tears neutralize them quickly and unless the viral population is significant will we have swelling of the eye.

So if we want to reduce new infection cases, we may need to spray the air with disinfectant.
Spikes
#864 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 1:02:13 PM

tycho wrote:
If we consider how much aerosol action we get from the nose, we may be justified to consider disinfecting the air.

But it appears that the respiratory canal can trap most of the viruses in place, before they can reach the lungs and alveoli. This is of great advantage to us, and is source of assurance that once we start to disinfect the respiratory system our treatment can be timed to good measure. And that we can have a high recovery rate.

Viruses residing in the mouth are either swallowed or inhaled. Wherever the virus lands, it attacks, and thus we can get gastrointestinal symptoms.

I think we can now know how the graph takes off. The more people are localized in proximity, the more they spray the air with more viruses till their population is so high, that nearly everyone has to be sick. That's when the curve takes off.

The curve peaks when there are very few new hosts for the virus. So we see the number of cases stabilizing and now diminishing with time, till we say we have contained it.

But I suspect that when the virus is inert it may just be waiting for the right season: when people around inhale the inert virus and reactivate it through an incubation period that is either detectable or undetectable. Then the cycle repeats itself again ad finitum.

If this line of thought is correct, then the line of defence that we started with is and will be critical to how well we can manage any herd immunization exercise that we may undertake.

I haven't spoken much about the eyes, but they may be a major entry point for the virus. But it appears that tears neutralize them quickly and unless the viral population is significant will we have swelling of the eye.

So if we want to reduce new infection cases, we may need to spray the air with disinfectant.

Spray the air with disinfectant . Alright. How frequent? Because the spray wouldn't last forever in the air to kill any virus after someone infected fumes a cloud of droplets from persistent and severe cough.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
tycho
#865 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 1:13:56 PM

Yes, @Spikes, that's a valid point that you have raised. I think the ideal situation is that we're all masked. In that case we can disinfect the air for say weekly intervals and guided by area population density, and new numbers emerging from the incubation period.

Otherwise at the moment we may need to wait till we're masked up.
mpobiz
#866 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 2:29:34 PM

tycho wrote:
Yes, @Spikes, that's a valid point that you have raised. I think the ideal situation is that we're all masked. In that case we can disinfect the air for say weekly intervals and guided by area population density, and new numbers emerging from the incubation period.

This is a gigantic undertaking considering factors such as wind.
Also you haven't told us that air is actually forced into the lungs by the diaphragm. Just like a vacuum cleaner. Most if not all nanoparticles will reach the furthest part of the lungs.
I think the cells inside the lungs are very much adopted to fighting this kind of infections. our weakest part is the throat area. That is where the virus lands and in the incubation period it learns to trick the body and soon 're-enters the lungs.I think it's all about the mucus that holds on to the virus for for too long that the virus starts to mutate .
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
sqft
#867 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 2:36:15 PM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
tycho
#868 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 3:36:00 PM

mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:

This is a gigantic undertaking considering factors such as wind.
Also you haven't told us that air is actually forced into the lungs by the diaphragm. Just like a vacuum cleaner. Most if not all nanoparticles will reach the furthest part of the lungs.
I think the cells inside the lungs are very much adopted to fighting this kind of infections. our weakest part is the throat area. That is where the virus lands and in the incubation period it learns to trick the body and soon 're-enters the lungs.I think it's all about the mucus that holds on to the virus for for too long that the virus starts to mutate .

We need to consider wind and methods to use for this task. If well designed we can have economy of resources and effectiveness.

Thanks for reminding me of the diaphragm. Yes the suctioning of the air is likely to spread the virus particles all over the lung surface area. Yet I also believe the filtration process prior to the lungs captures most of the virus. So we don't get symptoms from the lungs early in the game. And the throat retains the viruses. Till we remove them.

The throat is critical, but I suspect that the fulcrum is in the nose. We may all need to disinfect our noses regularly. Consider if there is a corona colony in the nose, we will still be feverish, and will be supplying the throat constantly.

Besides, we will still be spraying the virus to others. So, yes the throat is critical but the fulcrum of the whole game is the nose. Nasal hygiene and regular disinfection.
murchr
#869 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 5:09:33 PM

The CAS mentioned that some people are hording oxygen tanks...who would do that and for what?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tycho
#870 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 6:01:51 PM

murchr wrote:
The CAS mentioned that some people are hording oxygen tanks...who would do that and for what?

We can say a capitalist with rational expectations of a highly peaked normal. So by hoarding he can supply the commodity at the most pressing time.

But I visualize the possibility of a positively tailed near flat. Once the stats coming in and our measures are fruitful, then oxygen will be abundant.
madollar
#871 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 6:10:12 PM

Shak wrote:
Ethiopia is busy working on a vaccine incorporating traditional and modern medicine. Glad to see they're not waiting to die like flies

Given that china was the first country to have the virus and considering how hard it has been hit you would think by now a vaccine would be in the works but their silence is deafening
tycho
#872 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 6:19:35 PM

Our effort will bear fruit if we will get into a third phase of socializing the virus into our society. This will need to be a four year operation.

Therefore we need an economic adjustment and development plan that is deeply connected to the health measures we will be taking.

In simple terms, we are going to re-engineer ourselves and our institutions around our health system. This is a very new development paradigm for Copernican to contemporary thought. It's something that needs a lot of careful work and understanding of ancient principles of government and economy.
murchr
#873 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 10:32:42 PM

tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:

We can say a capitalist with rational expectations of a highly peaked normal. So by hoarding he can supply the commodity at the most pressing time.

But I visualize the possibility of a positively tailed near flat. Once the stats coming in and our measures are fruitful, then oxygen will be abundant.

Who are the suppliers?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mpobiz
#874 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 12:41:01 AM

https://youtu.be/_PqmgzDZB3g

Most governments are opting for herd suicides. This disease will end up causing more harm to the economy that will hurt generations to come. We don't have to loose everything. The government should open our economy again but we mentain basic hygiene or even force us to wear masks.

@tyco shed more light on the disinfecting the nose and throat. What is used or how do we go about it.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Rahatupu
#875 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 5:45:25 AM

sqft wrote:

How the BBC covered ebola in Africa. The suffering and nakedness of dying african patients had to be beamed all over the world.

Until the time we shall stop being consumers of "their" news shall we be free of their standards. Some countries in Asia don't give these news outlets so much prominence, eg their use of own languages other than English is a first step. Lakini sisi Kiingereza ndio dhihilisho la ustaarabu na usomi.
murchr
#876 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 7:24:55 AM

America first

Quote:
Manufacturing giant 3M pushed backed against President Trump in a statement on Friday that suggested it would not comply with a White House order to stop exporting masks to Canada and Latin America.

The Trump administration on Thursday invoked the Defense Production Act, compelling 3M to prioritize orders for desperately needed N95 respiratory masks for the US government’s national stockpile.
Bigchick
#877 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 7:59:31 AM

murchr wrote:
America first

Quote:
Manufacturing giant 3M pushed backed against President Trump in a statement on Friday that suggested it would not comply with a White House order to stop exporting masks to Canada and Latin America.

The Trump administration on Thursday invoked the Defense Production Act, compelling 3M to prioritize orders for desperately needed N95 respiratory masks for the US government’s national stockpile.

Guy is desperate now and is running around like a headless chicken.

His world and our world too has changed in a manner never thought of before.

Forgive him this are acts of desperation.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Spikes
#878 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:19:56 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
sqft wrote:

Until the time we shall stop being consumers of "their" news shall we be free of their standards. Some countries in Asia don't give these news outlets so much prominence, eg their use of own languages other than English is a first step. Lakini sisi Kiingereza ndio dhihilisho la ustaarabu na usomi.

Prof. Ngugi wa Thiong'o is very clear when he says dumping your native language is modern slavery.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Julie
#879 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:21:48 AM

mpobiz wrote:
https://youtu.be/_PqmgzDZB3g

Most governments are opting for herd suicides. This disease will end up causing more harm to the economy that will hurt generations to come. We don't have to loose everything. The government should open our economy again but we mentain basic hygiene or even force us to wear masks.

@tyco shed more light on the disinfecting the nose and throat. What is used or how do we go about it.

How about soaking cotton wool with your favourite whisky brand and sniffing for about 5 minutes every 3 hours.
It will get you high, and mucus membranes will get quite some dose of alcohol

Caution: I am not a doctor, take my advice at your own risk!!
Bigchick
#880 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 9:39:29 AM

Forgive my stupid question.....

Counties are busy disinfecting streets and markets at night yet we are told the virus is not airborne.

So why the disinfecting......
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.