wazua Tue, Apr 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Life after Covid-19
kaka2za
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 7:45:55 PM

tycho wrote:
That's quite optimistic @Mahegoat. There are serious probabilities that you will soon be a fighter trying to protect his turf despite a bad cough from pneumonia.

In my opinion, chances are high that Kenya will be among the first governments to be overthrown by Corona. The slowness and lack of initiative, and lack of quality government officials will finally do away with this sick regime.

So don't be so smug. The game has only began.

Kenya is actually ahead of most African countries.

I am currently in a country with over 60 confirmed cases and life goes on.

I have seen few hand washing places otherwise local taxis are so overloaded
Am now convinced that there are other factors stopping this thing in Africa
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
tycho
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 8:27:50 PM

kaka2za wrote:
tycho wrote:
That's quite optimistic @Mahegoat. There are serious probabilities that you will soon be a fighter trying to protect his turf despite a bad cough from pneumonia.

In my opinion, chances are high that Kenya will be among the first governments to be overthrown by Corona. The slowness and lack of initiative, and lack of quality government officials will finally do away with this sick regime.

Consider the stats in the case of America. Cases appeared stable for a month then a steep climb. How does the Kenyan graph look like? How does the country you're in look like graphically?

https://www.worldometers...coronavirus/country/us/
kaka2za
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2020 9:30:05 PM

tycho wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
tycho wrote:

Consider the stats in the case of America. Cases appeared stable for a month then a steep climb. How does the Kenyan graph look like? How does the country you're in look like graphically?

https://www.worldometers...coronavirus/country/us/

Let's see what comes from Mass testing but Africa and South East Asia numbers still remain low.
If the Siaya priest had celebrated mass/funeral in Europe he could have spread it to thousands.
(James Russell Rowell)
Julie
#24 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 1:45:32 PM

Time to get pregnant for those who had plans.
January will be a baby boomer for the whole world.

They will be referred to as ''Covid conceived generation''.

I need twins!!!
newfarer
#25 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 1:58:04 PM

Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

Guka ataweza kweli..Is this an SOS.with the current stress it's hard to get someone pregnant.. Hata getting initimate is an uphill task..you have to be very good to the man of the house..ukimwambia ni duty yake kuosha vyombo cos he is lazying on the coach the whole day ujue kwa bed mtakuwa wamama wawili
punda amecheka
Angelica _ann
#26 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:07:14 PM

newfarer wrote:
Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

Guka ataweza kweli..Is this an SOS.with the current stress it's hard to get someone pregnant.. Hata getting initimate is an uphill task..you have to be very good to the man of the house..ukimwambia ni duty yake kuosha vyombo cos he is lazying on the coach the whole day ujue kwa bed mtakuwa wamama wawili

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You have made my day, tho!!!! Ati wamama wawili!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Julie
#27 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2020 2:44:17 PM

newfarer wrote:
Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

Am throwing a challenge!!!
Candidate must be Covid free and genetically resistant from all other viruses. Proof must be provided
kaka2za
#28 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:16:50 AM

Julie wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

Am throwing a challenge!!!
Candidate must be Covid free and genetically resistant from all other viruses. Proof must be provided

Applications tunatuma wapi?smile
(James Russell Rowell)
aemathenge
#29 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:15:01 AM

Very interesting read in the Business Dairy today.

Extracts:

Quote:
“Soon, working remotely will be normal to most employers unlike before when no one could have even thought of it,” Ms Gateri says.

“This will see some of them embrace the changes to cut rental losses, utilities and human resources.”

“Jobs such as receptionists, human resource managers and supervisors that are based on monitoring will be redundant as companies will shift to strategic and output-based roles,” says Ms Gateri.

For start-ups, learning to use digital tools will greatly boost their businesses.

Such businesses usually struggle with numerous challenges.

However, adopting technology can cut their operational costs significantly.

Firms will also be shielded from having to pay for expensive office space and utility services that come with them.

As companies will not have man permanent staff this will help them save a lot in staff welfare services such as bonuses and terminal benefits.

Moreover, employees who do not have to report to work will save a lot from transport and housing costs as they will reside further from the towns and cities where the cost of accommodation can be high.

“Focus will be more on strategic activities like performancs and not discipline-related issues such as lateness and sexual harassment,” says Ms Gateri.

“People will move away from congested areas drawing from the lessons of coronavirus which is very contagious and thrive on person-to-person contact,” says Mr Kaburu, adding that this is the time for entrepreneurs to turn sections of their homes into business premises.

Source: https://www.businessdail...509202-euutly/index.html
aemathenge
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:53:10 AM

tycho wrote:
In my opinion, chances are high that Kenya will be among the first governments to be overthrown by Corona.

The slowness and lack of initiative, and lack of quality government officials will finally do away with this sick regime.

H a i ya.

When @Tycho Speaks, Kenia Had Better Sit Up And Listen.

Quote:
Coronavirus kills Its First Democracy
By Ishaan Tharoor
March 31, 2020 at 7:00 a.m.

On Monday, Hungary’s parliament passed a controversial bill that gave Orban sweeping emergency powers for an indefinite period of time.

Parliament is closed, future elections were called off, existing laws can be suspended and the prime minister is now entitled to rule by decree.

Opposition lawmakers had tried to set a time limit on the legislation but failed.

Orban’s commanding two-thirds parliamentary majority made his new powers a fait accompli.

The measures were invoked as part of the government’s response to the global pandemic.

Hungary had reported close to 450 cases as of Monday evening, and Orban has already cast the threat of the virus in politically convenient terms, labeling it a menace carried by unwelcome foreign migrants and yet more justification for his aggressive efforts to police the country’s borders.

“Changing our lives is now unavoidable,” Orban told lawmakers last week when justifying the proposed bill.

“Everyone has to leave their comfort zone.

This law gives the government the power and means to defend Hungary.”

The emergency law also stipulates five-year prison sentences for Hungarians found to be spreading “false” information, as well as prison terms for those defying mandated quarantines.

Critics argue that vital support for the country’s health-care system is still lacking, while Orban has given himself carte blanche to exercise even more domineering control.

“I don’t know of another democracy where the government has effectively asked for a free hand to do anything for however long,” Renata Uitz, director of the comparative constitutional law program at Central European University in Budapest, said to Bloomberg News.

Source From The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpo...amp;wpisrc=nl_todayworld
subaru
#31 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:04:52 PM

Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

i think you will get quadruplets get ready
Dahatre
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 11:06:42 AM

Meanwhile men are being as obnoxious as per kawaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly 😂

Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 01, 2020 12:19:14 PM

subaru wrote:
Julie wrote:

I need twins!!!

i think you will get quadruplets get ready

In this Jubilee government and COVID-19 environment, hata kach*t ni bahati!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Julie
#34 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 9:19:01 AM

I foresee a scenario where traditional handshake will be history for some cultures. My grandmother will not allow this; a warm hug and embrace is like a ritual whenever we meet.
Lolest!
#35 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 10:39:00 AM

After Corona we are likely to be washing hands more often

Not shaking hands

Some businesses like barbershops might be long time losers. Some of us are buying shaving machines to avoid close contact at barbershops.

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Julie
#36 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 12:31:19 PM

I already have a shaving machine for use by the whole family. No more barber services outside home. My hair stylist comes home when i need her. All necessary equipment is in the house
newfarer
#37 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 7:19:12 PM

Julie wrote:
I already have a shaving machine for use by the whole family. No more barber services outside home. My hair stylist comes home when i need her. All necessary equipment is in the house

Shaving machine for whereDrool Drool
punda amecheka
kaka2za
#38 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 11:20:07 AM

Julie wrote:

Your hair stylist will spread the virus unless you are her only customer.

By the way,how is the hair thing related to this? My understanding is the virus enters through MEN...i.e Mouth,Eye and Nose.
(James Russell Rowell)
Dahatre
#39 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:48:36 PM

Julie wrote:
I foresee a scenario where traditional handshake will be history for some cultures. My grandmother will not allow this; a warm hug and embrace is like a ritual whenever we meet.

Woe unto us whose love language is touch...
Dahatre
#40 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:50:07 PM

I predict that some of us will have the only picture of their bae with beardsLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly