2 Pages<12
Longhorn HY 2019 results
cyruskulei
#21 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 2:53:57 PM

BKB wrote:
2:49 EAT

Shares traded: 105K
Share price: Ksh 5.54

No supply on this counter. My client needs like 100k. Who has?
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

xtina
#22 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:34:49 PM

I decided to follow Longhorn's FB page and I see they are trying to engage students online through their products. I think they are struggling with it but since it is still early I hope they get it together in the coming months.
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:40:40 PM

xtina wrote:
I decided to follow Longhorn's FB page and I see they are trying to engage students online through their products. I think they are struggling with it but since it is still early I hope they get it together in the coming months.
These initiatives take time to take hold but are important even if LH initially loses money as long as they have the cash to cover it without borrowing. There's a network effect which means many kids in a class may want to be on it to collaborate with their fellow students.

Then there's the recurring (subscription) revenue as well as making it easier for kids to upgrade/renew the packages from Standard 1 to Form 4.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
watesh
#24 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 9:33:25 PM

xtina wrote:

This is their one chance to grow that subscription revenue which is a high margin product and crucial for diversification against depending on government revenue. If they could make the kids category sticky parents would be willing to pay all through primary and secondary. Plus make their website much easier to get to this product and more enticing
xtina
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:30:49 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:
These initiatives take time to take hold but are important even if LH initially loses money as long as they have the cash to cover it without borrowing. There's a network effect which means many kids in a class may want to be on it to collaborate with their fellow students.

Then there's the recurring (subscription) revenue as well as making it easier for kids to upgrade/renew the packages from Standard 1 to Form 4.

Unless I am wrong, the subscription fee was suspended in the wake of COVID. But they still require parents to create accounts/login so down the line some will be willing to pay the fees. They need to work on simple issues like login, I have seen several parents comment they will simply return to textbooks if those login issues are not sorted.
xtina
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:37:20 PM

watesh wrote:
xtina wrote:

This is their one chance to grow that subscription revenue which is a high margin product and crucial for diversification against depending on government revenue. If they could make the kids category sticky parents would be willing to pay all through primary and secondary. Plus make their website much easier to get to this product and more enticing

Parents in Kenya tend to take their kids' education very seriously so I think with time they will be willing to pay. The website is better than before and they are trying to be innovative with their products. Actually I noticed on today's FB post, they replied to most or all comments ASAP so I think someone read this threadLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:29:14 AM

xtina wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

Unless I am wrong, the subscription fee was suspended in the wake of COVID. But they still require parents to create accounts/login so down the line some will be willing to pay the fees. They need to work on simple issues like login, I have seen several parents comment they will simply return to textbooks if those login issues are not sorted.
1. I thought it was free for 1 month. Come we stay model. Taste before you buy Laughing out loudly Some may opt to stay.
2. What's the connection between the textbooks and logins?
3. Does any other Kenyan publisher offer such a platform?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2020 1:34:25 AM

xtina wrote:
watesh wrote:
xtina wrote:

Parents in Kenya tend to take their kids' education very seriously so I think with time they will be willing to pay. The website is better than before and they are trying to be innovative with their products. Actually I noticed on today's FB post, they replied to most or all comments ASAP so I think someone read this threadLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
This is the time to respond to comments and suggestions from users, kids, teachers and parents. Time and money well-spent.

The middle-class should be the primary target given it is a pay-model for those with kids taking the local curriculum.

There's also a smartphone/SMS product at a very affordable daily subscription rate.

2020 will be tough but this is the base to build on for the future.
McGill
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2022 9:55:34 AM

Morning Wazuans, Who knows when these guys will announce their FY results? Any expectations regarding a div?