wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KRA Online
gogeta
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:14:02 PM

Has anyone tried the online services being offered by KRA for filing tax returns? i have tried 100s of times with little success.
Think the unthinkable but wear a dark suit
shenzitype
#2 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 9:37:05 AM

i was on the site on saturday. got to a point where i was able to put my tax "obligations" as INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX RETURNS which was informed it take 24hrs for the system to "validate" and "update".

Today morning the site is down and i am stuck

Has anyone made progress this morning?Sad
mukiha
#3 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 10:31:54 AM

I have been using for VAT returns since August last year. It works fine as long as you don't do it during the mad rush of the last few days of any deadline.

You can be sure that it will not work this week....all tech-savvy Kenyans will be trying to log-in at the same time and the system will crash!!

Why didn't you do you on-line returns earlier?
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
FundamentAli
#4 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 10:32:37 AM

KRA need to improve the capacity of their system. Filing VAT returns is always a problem. You have to wait until night time at times to be able to upload your returns. When it came to annual returns, I could not trust their system due to past experience. They want to take more while they cannot even handle the existing. Filled a photo copy of last years form, changed date and submitted
mukiha
#5 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 10:57:37 AM

@FundamentAli;

Since you do VAT returns monthly, you need to download KRA's Taxpayer Software. It allows you to do enter the details off-line and then upload only once at the end of the month.

Apart from VAT, the software also handles all other taxes, including the annual income tax return.

If you photocopied last year's form and changed the date, it will most likely be rejected. Each year, KRA produces a new version of the form to take account of any changes in taxation laws. These are posted in their website.

I once tried filling the form for the wrong year and was advised against it by a KRA official. They had misplaced my 2005 return. I went to follow-up in 2007 and it couldn't be found. So they told me to re-do it. I asked for the form and was sent to "archives" to collect the "old" form. I was told that one cannot use the form for the wrong year.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mukiha
#6 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 11:01:10 AM

Tax payer software available here:

http://www.kra.go.ke/portal/downloads.html
Outvestor
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:50:59 AM

As for the KRA website, stick to Internet Explorer web-browser if you need to minimize hair loss.
¡ʇɹoɟɟǝ ƃuıɟɟǝ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os ؛uıɐʌ uı ɔıqɐɹɐ ƃuıuɹɐǝן pǝıɹʇ ı
reithi
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:55:54 PM

I tried filing my returns online three weeks ago but failed miserably. At the end, I just downloaded the form, filled it and had it delivered to Times Tower smile

Besides, I am not a fan Internet Explorer and software does not work on Windows 7.
mukiha
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:52:54 AM

Outvestor wrote:
As for the KRA website, stick to Internet Explorer web-browser if you need to minimize hair loss.

But I've been using it with Mozilla without problems....
thuks
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:23:37 PM

it worked fine for me yesterday although slow. I am planning to do my 2010 returns by 10th January 2011 if the proposed constitution goes thruPray
I care!
peglo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:12:10 PM

it works OK for me and several of my colleagues here in the office. As for the obligation error, you need to go to the registration page and specify your obligation.

Though its a abit slow
Outvestor
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:21:16 AM

mukiha wrote:
Outvestor wrote:

But I've been using it with Mozilla without problems....

I too used Mozilla, though it took me round in circles. What with having to reset my password several times.

I had two colleagues who who hit a snag with Google Chrome. The pesky thing worked like a charm when they tried IE.

It could be bad timing, or our lack of experience with the site, but then it could also be compatibility issues.... quite common with some websites.

¡ʇɹoɟɟǝ ƃuıɟɟǝ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os ؛uıɐʌ uı ɔıqɐɹɐ ƃuıuɹɐǝן pǝıɹʇ ı
mukiha
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:50:49 PM

Leo kimeumana; can't upload VAT returns. Ati service not available...