wazua Tue, May 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bye bye to European and Pro American assimilation
tycho
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:19:26 AM

I can't imagine that I have counted the European and American philosophers as my teachers, consciously and willingly, for over two decades. It's like I have been thinking the mould on the bread has been green butter instead of staleness.

But now I have had enough of the exaggerated status of Newton or Einstein. Or of the Copernican revolution.

I shall doff my hat at the choices made out of genuine but perhaps mistaken labor: but never shall I again pay undue homage to rotten ideas.

And I shall pray for all of you, who remain smitten by Crusades, and low magic called 'modern' or 'contemporary' zeitgeist.

All lost boys and girls who think Che was a genuine revolutionary.
tycho
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:56:52 AM

Most of the information we use in our lives is neither valid nor reliable. 'The economy' that we often talk about and learn in our textbooks is a pseudo-economy, the 'politics' we learn and feed our minds with is a most corrosive poison we imbibe: the religions and religious ideas we adopt are mostly thoughtless moves made under duress.

It is possible that we're more enslaved than when the Arabs and Europeans dealt in the so called 'slave trade'.

As assimilated Africans, we may be much more 'primitive' and 'uncultured' than our ancestors before colonialism.

A word we should purge from our diction alas, is 'globalization'. It is a word that is charmed against the individual and the nature of humanity.

If you find yourself looking at a 'globalized' world, then know that you have been cooked and you are now ready to be eaten.
tycho
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:12:19 AM

Afrocentricity is a paradigm based on the idea that African people should reassert a sense of agency in order to achieve sanity. During the l960s a group of African American intellectuals in the newly formed Black Studies departments at universities began to formulate novel ways of analyzing information. In some cases, these new ways were called looking at Afrocentricity is a paradigm based on the idea that African people should reassert a sense of agency in order to achieve sanity. During the l960s a group of African
American intellectuals in the newly formed Black Studies departments at universities began to formulate novel ways of analyzing information. In some cases, these new ways were called looking at information from “a black perspective” as opposed to what had been considered the “white perspective” of most information in the American
academy. Information from “a black perspective” as opposed to what
had been considered the “white perspective” of most information in the American academy.

- Molefi Kete Asante
tycho
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:27:43 AM

The correct Philosophy is humanism. Most of indigenous African philosophy was and can only be shaped effectively via a humanist philosophy.

We cannot do with Afrocentrism.