Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Rongai Road Expansion
mufasa
#61 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:14:36 PM

tinker wrote:
It is official, finally.

https://www.businessdail...54790-4xesyy/index.html
Chinese contractor Synohydro has won the tender to dual the Bomas-Ongata Rongai-Kona Baridi stretch in a move aimed at reducing traffic congestion within the city.

I am Hoping this will not be another PR gimmick by UhuRuto Garment.
Diaspora people have suffered enough.

I guess watu wa "diaspora" need to elect a different government that will prioritize Magadi Road.

Magadi road Dualling now looks like a 2025 project.

It will be used for campaigning in 2021 and 2022. Currently its neither in KURA nor KENHA websites.

Isinya-Suswa road; Bomas-Dagorretti Road; Karen-Ngong Road are higher on the priority list. We need some strong legislators in if we are to get this road by 2025.
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
Ericsson
#62 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:42:16 PM

mufasa wrote:
tinker wrote:
It is official, finally.

https://www.businessdail...54790-4xesyy/index.html
Chinese contractor Synohydro has won the tender to dual the Bomas-Ongata Rongai-Kona Baridi stretch in a move aimed at reducing traffic congestion within the city.

I am Hoping this will not be another PR gimmick by UhuRuto Garment.
Diaspora people have suffered enough.

I guess watu wa "diaspora" need to elect a different government that will prioritize Magadi Road.

Magadi road Dualling now looks like a 2025 project.

It will be used for campaigning in 2021 and 2022. Currently its neither in KURA nor KENHA websites.

Isinya-Suswa road; Bomas-Dagorretti Road; Karen-Ngong Road are higher on the priority list. We need some strong legislators in if we are to get this road by 2025.

It's a KENHA road.
Kenha is looking for financing.
Mau mau roads are more important than magadi
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
slick
#63 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 8:58:28 PM

Well on a light note we hope the Chinese dont bring to us the corona virus.Shame on you Shame on you

At least the roads are being built but the debt load overhang from this infrastructure projects is appalling.Is it true that port of Mombasa is collateral if we dont pay all these debts?Beijing already grabbed the Hambantota Sea Port in Sri Lanka for failing to pay its debt.Actually its China's strategy to saddle nations with unpayable debt then capture strategic assets in these countries as part of Beijing's grand "One Belt One Road" initiative linking Eurasia and Africa for trade for China's benefit to reincarnate its prior dominance (that existed in the Middle Ages centuries ago where then China was the dominant global power then with the silk road trade).The so called Chinese and also Western aid is part of a Neo-colonialist agenda captured most vividly by US economist John Perkins who operated as an American "economic hitman" and used to "convince" or coerce third world nations to accept US aid ie debt that always benefited the donor countries.His book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" and video below highlights the strategies used to provide such "aid"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btF6nKHo2i0

China itself suffers from its own ludicrous infrastructure build on ridiculously large debt.I think most have heard of Chinese ghost cities where 65 million built apartments are unoccupied.Beijing's debt to GDP is a whooping 300% and is the greatest rate of debt buildup in history.From just 2 trillion USD equivalent in 2008,China's debt ballooned to 40 trillion post 2008 housing crisis and China is second only to the USA where the United States is the biggest debtor nation in history.Irony of it is that the world's 2 largest economies are also the 2 most indebted nations.US government debt to GDP is approx 105% but gross debt to GDP factoring government,corporate,household debt could be a whooping 2000% of GDP.WHAT!!Check out this article from CNBC one of the largest media houses in the US

https://www.cnbc.com/201...dp-report-suggests.html

Both US and China just print new money to finance their deficits and malinvestments.China is a colossus with feet of clay with such enormous debt load that can unravel anytime.Last year 5 Chinese banks failed under the weight of NPLs forcing the Communist state to bail them out.Recall Japan in the 1980s was also a fast growing economy and was touted to surpass the US then only for Japanese bubble stock and real estate to collapse over 80% resulting in Japanese economic stagnation and periodic recessions since 1989.Again its comes as no surprise that Japan as the world's 3rd largest economy is also the earth's 3rd largest indebted nation after the USA and China with Tokyo possessing a debt to GDP of over 250%.I think Kenya's debt to GDP is 60% but look at Japan and China's debt to GDP.Horrendous.What enables these advanced nations maintain these grotesque debt loads is that the debt is denominated in their own currencies and their respective central banks are massively and actively buying their government treasuries and for Eurozone and Japan their central banks are buying even corporate bonds and stocks.

Surprising for me to say that China,US,Eurozone and Japan are creating new money in their trillions to sustain their economies and pumping the global debt load thats now over 250 trillion USD which is over 300% Global GDP.There is no way all this debt will be repaid honestly.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money