Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.

smile

Maybe we wait for that 150Bn roads bond they want to issue

The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.

Everyone thought it was a local IFB....Sad Sad Sad

Chasing lower/cheaper rates....

Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.

Trust me it can be done at a go... Have you seen the 5 and 10 year results? They have absorbed like 64Bn.....150Bn at a good rate will be gobbled up.... Primary auction then tap sale.... Simple.....
possunt quia posse videntur
Esstiko
#1322 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 4:44:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.

smile

The Kenya Roads Board (KRB) has received bids from a consortium of Citi bank, Absa, Renaissance Capital, Equity Group holdings and Rand Merchant Bank seeking to arrange a Ksh 150 Billion financing plan to fund roads development, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Further, Dyer and Blair and Africa Finance Corporation submitted a joint bid.

According to Bloomberg, another group led by NCBA group, Standard Chartered, Co-operative bank, and KCB Group also submitted their bids. Standard Group’s Kenyan Unit and Lion’s head also belong to this last group.

Local market cannot swallow the 150B at ago with a longer tenure the way it is likely to be designed. Of course the 'arrangers' are also vultures in the making and plus back office deals.

As per the RFP by KRB to the transaction advisors and legal arrangers, it will be issued in tranches over a four (financial) year period starting 2019/2020
Angelica _ann
#1323 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 5:31:28 PM

Esstiko wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.

smile

As per the RFP by KRB to the transaction advisors and legal arrangers, it will be issued in tranches over a four (financial) year period starting 2019/2020

Kshs. 150B over 4 years is very small amount for 'locals', surely why all the shenanigans of arrangers. This government is totally lost.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#1324 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2020 6:13:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
Esstiko wrote:
5 and 10 year floated.

smile

Kshs. 150B over 4 years is very small amount for 'locals', surely why all the shenanigans of arrangers. This government is totally lost.

Must be sub 10%....
MatataMingi
#1325 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:52:08 PM

@Maka and other serious investors in T Bills / Bonds.
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
The application forms are available on their site.
This is GREAT news.
Taurrus
#1326 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 5:55:54 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
CBK have sent me an email, saying that we can now do all our applications, check results, check balances etc. online from your phone.
This is GREAT news.

Real good news!Applause
tandich
#1327 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:39:23 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
This is GREAT news.

Do you mind sharing the email text here?
Esstiko
#1328 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 7:21:02 PM

Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
This is GREAT news.

Impunity
#1329 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:28:09 PM

Esstiko wrote:
Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
This is GREAT news.

Can one drop the application letter/form by email?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Taurrus
#1330 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:47:25 PM

Esstiko wrote:
Received it too.
MatataMingi wrote:
This is GREAT news.

Anyone already registered? is it linked to banking/Mpesa system?
Monk
#1331 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:19:44 AM

Has CBK started posting the 15% withholding Tax (WHT) on iTax? If not, and you declare interest earned from T/bills on your annual Income Tax return, how do you claim the WHT as a tax credit?
Taurrus
#1332 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:59:54 AM

Monk wrote:
Has CBK started posting the 15% withholding Tax (WHT) on iTax? If not, and you declare interest earned from T/bills on your annual Income Tax return, how do you claim the WHT as a tax credit?

Someone please help, need to know too.
Chaka
#1333 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:18:24 PM

maka
#1334 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:46:34 AM

Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html

Good progress .... I will give it a try just as I did with G- Kuze by Genghis which is crap TBH... Let's see how this goes.
Chaka
#1335 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:19:53 AM

maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/StanChart-eyes-investors-with-mobile-bonds-app/3815534-5459372-7s3fvi/index.html

Good progress .... I will give it a try just as I did with G- Kuze by Genghis which is crap TBH... Let's see how this goes.

Do report back how it pans out..
maka
#1336 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:55:10 AM

Chaka wrote:
maka wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Do report back how it pans out..

Sawa... Asked them some question on Social media whoever is handling this is clueless. Zero.
Aguytrying
#1337 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:29:31 PM

Chaka wrote:

What do the gurus prefer, invest directly with CBK or through this stanchart bank / app?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
amorphous
#1338 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:31:54 PM

I registered for TMD
Very easy process. Do not waste your time printing and filling the form like I did. The real form is 3 pages long, not the single page they post online, so just go to CBK and fill it there. Does not take more than 10 minutes.
Within 3 hours I had received a text saying I'm registered.
Using their USSD I set my PIN and logged in.
Yes, you are able to see bonds and bills on offer.Have not traded any yet.
They send you nifty little alerts whenever each coupon payment hits your account (but as expected...the alerts come hours later in the evening, not realtime.) Those alerts only say bond FXD blah blah blah has paid a coupon to account with digits ending XYXZ.
You can also check your total portfolio balance.
And query a particular bond or bill you own.
Overall this is a wonderful service. CBK finally left the dark ages. Now they should link it to secondary trading eg I assume the SC service some of you are talking about above. You still need to go through an outside party to trade your bills or bonds.
Good luck to all.
Age and family mellows us all over time
amorphous
#1339 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 6:36:45 PM

Taurrus wrote:
Monk wrote:

Someone please help, need to know too.

As with anything here dealing with KRA, it is hard to tell.
Technically the withholding tax is supposed to be a final tax. Especially if you are a non-resident.
My advice. Always get a TCC whether or not you file your bond income. That way you are covered each year if they lete nyoko nyoko.
Age and family mellows us all over time
Chaka
#1340 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:24:57 PM

maka wrote:

Sawa... Asked them some question on Social media whoever is handling this is clueless. Zero.

What was the question( if you don't mind)?I could try get an answer via a pal working at Stanchart...