wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
You never know who's swimming naked until the tide...
VituVingiSana
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:11:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:
Again I ask, for myself, if one is invested in these pooled funds, what level of access does one have in knowing where the pooled funds are invested?

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out
So that's the withdrawal method I have heard about. but never managed! Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If you don't believe in that thing you withdraw slowly Laughing out loudly
Usually, when I find a position I like, I go all in (sometimes slow, sometimes fast) and stay in until I have poured all I can manage at the time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 9:26:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:
Again I ask, for myself, if one is invested in these pooled funds, what level of access does one have in knowing where the pooled funds are invested?

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out
So that's the withdrawal method I have heard about. but never managed! Laughing out loudly

Usually, when I find a position I like, I go all in (sometimes slow, sometimes fast) and stay in until I have poured all I can manage at the time.

Men d'oh! smile Liar Liar Liar
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
jmbada
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 3:11:28 PM

winmak wrote:

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out.

This is the responsibility of the Capital Markets Authority
1. One should be able to see an updated MONTHLY list of ALL regulated funds
2. To access ALL prospectuses for regulated funds
3. Get responses to queries on whether or not a person soliciting public funds is regulated
4. Updates on ongoing cases such as the one against Cytonn.
CMA is appears to be TOTAL failure and I am surprised Muthaura has enough credibility to head up whatever regional securities authority he is running (if any)
And ofcourse the Chairman James Ndegwa who has shares in regulated stocks, sits on the board of NCBA, and has interests in ICEA which runs Money Market funds has NO conflicts.
Ericsson
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 5:29:51 PM

jmbada wrote:
winmak wrote:

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out.

3. Get responses to queries on whether or not a person soliciting public funds is regulated
CMA is appears to be TOTAL failure and I am surprised Muthaura has enough credibility to head up whatever regional securities authority he is running (if any)
And ofcourse the Chairman James Ndegwa who has shares in regulated stocks, sits on the board of NCBA, and has interests in ICEA which runs Money Market funds has NO conflicts.

Wake up,this is kenya.
Forums like wazua will update you better than waiting for the regulator
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
jmbada
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:10:43 PM

Ericsson wrote:
jmbada wrote:
winmak wrote:

Wake up,this is kenya.

Wazua is a great forum. But the most I've seen recently is innuendo..then after the fact validation. No clear pre-emptive warning and for good reason, including many being industry insiders/ employees or even the forum hosts being sued. It can also be infiltrated by influencer types. Anyway, I guess a multi-pronged due diligence process is still required, negating the need for a regulator to start with.
VituVingiSana
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:40:56 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

We are discussing Value Investing and Conviction in a Position. What are you discussing?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
whiteowl
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2020 4:31:03 PM

jmbada wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
jmbada wrote:
winmak wrote:

Wake up,this is kenya.

Wazua is a great forum. But the most I've seen recently is innuendo..then after the fact validation. No clear pre-emptive warning and for good reason, including many being industry insiders/ employees or even the forum hosts being sued. It can also be infiltrated by influencer types. Anyway, I guess a multi-pronged due diligence process is still required, negating the need for a regulator to start with.

The preemptive warnings are always there, you just have to tune out the noise.
winmak
#28 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2020 9:44:13 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

We are discussing Value Investing and Conviction in a Position. What are you discussing?

Perverts
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB