wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Best online trading platform stockbroker
slick
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2020 12:49:25 PM

I would like to know which stockbrokers/investment banks have an online web portal where retail investors can in real time buy/sell shares,look at their portfolio stock and cash balances and display real time stocks quotes.

Also the broker should offer such services free of charge without monthly/yearly maintenance fees.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2020 1:20:25 PM

I have used Suntra for years with minimal manageable glitches.

Crediting of account and issuance/transfer of funds spot on.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
slick
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2020 1:25:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I have used Suntra for years with minimal manageable glitches.

Crediting of account and issuance/transfer of funds spot on.

I have been trying to transfer my portfolio from my current broker to Suntra and for the last 2 months they havent effected the transfer.Total jokers
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
McGill
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2020 4:17:45 PM

Dont jump into dyer and blair. I will ditch them after selling my current holdings. Frequent issues with the online portal and they don't pick calls. They also dont reply mails. Even today it had issues.
sparkly
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2020 5:38:48 PM

slick wrote:
I would like to know which stockbrokers/investment banks have an online web portal where retail investors can in real time buy/sell shares,look at their portfolio stock and cash balances and display real time stocks quotes.

Also the broker should offer such services free of charge without monthly/yearly maintenance fees.

I am with SBG since the brokerage collapse of 2008-2009. I lost some money in Solid Investments at that time so I decided to move operations from Solid and Suntra to SBG (then CFC Stanbic Stock Brokerage Services) which was the only brokerage backed by a bank then.

Served me well as a retail trader save for sporadic system breakdowns.

Downsides are:

Firstly,they don't deal directly with retail investors. You either engage one of their unreliable agents or trade on the online platform yourself.

Secondly, they don't share their research with retail traders. You do your own research or rely on other sources.

Their customer service on issues like payments and unlocking accounts is very good since they mostly deal with corporate clients.
Life is short. Live passionately.
NewMoney
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 12:02:52 AM

slick wrote:

There are over 10 providers sharing some online trading platfrom.

I would recommend NCBA securities (formerly NIC Securities). Customer service is okay and it's a solid institution.
Tokyo
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 2:01:21 AM

Genghis Capital is the best
work to prosper
murchr
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 2:35:59 AM

McGill wrote:
Dont jump into dyer and blair. I will ditch them after selling my current holdings. Frequent issues with the online portal and they don't pick calls. They also dont reply mails. Even today it had issues.

The worst after they fired a bunch of good people.

I hope someone will clone betterment or Robinhood for the Kenyan market.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
slick
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 6:48:18 AM

Tokyo wrote:

I cannot trust a broker that was associated with Chase Bank
VituVingiSana
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 9:13:43 AM

slick wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

I cannot trust a broker that was associated with Chase Bank
Ouch! Though you should remember it was sold to another group but I understand the hurt especially if you were a customer of Chase.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
McGill
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 9:18:44 AM

I will try Suntra
speculator
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 12:03:14 PM

Equity custodial services deactivated their online platform. Since last February just promises to fix but wamekataa. Time to look for another brokerage firm
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2020 1:51:34 PM

speculator wrote:
Equity custodial services deactivated their online platform. Since last February just promises to fix but wamekataa. Time to look for another brokerage firm

Equity is cost cutting and winding businesses where they have failed to capture market share and are loss making
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
kenyan2019
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:05:56 AM

Kingdom securities OST has not been real time. Any recommendation for an alternative?
cyruskulei
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:45:47 AM

kenyan2019 wrote:
Kingdom securities OST has not been real time. Any recommendation for an alternative?

Try sib. Online perfect. Though their staff are not optimized.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.