wazua Sat, Sep 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1112131415>»
Why I reject the BBI
kaka2za
#241 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2020 1:56:14 PM

rurinjaa wrote:
Actually I can throw the stone, voted once for Michuki and he lost that time the next time around got into a deep argument with two of his daughter for saying we vote for Daddy and as much as I told them that we are more interested with the man and not daddy they couldn’t see it any other way. The next time I could have was 92 but knew it was a lost cause as the opposition was irredeemably divided to beat Moi. Since then circumstances threw me away from the ballot box. Am not very proud of it but something is terribly wrong with the general leadership and maybe the led too as wajinga sisi imply

Michuki last loss was in 1988!
Kumbe guka tuko wengismile
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#242 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2020 8:40:42 PM

kaka2za wrote:
rurinjaa wrote:
Actually I can throw the stone, voted once for Michuki and he lost that time the next time around got into a deep argument with two of his daughter for saying we vote for Daddy and as much as I told them that we are more interested with the man and not daddy they couldn’t see it any other way. The next time I could have was 92 but knew it was a lost cause as the opposition was irredeemably divided to beat Moi. Since then circumstances threw me away from the ballot box. Am not very proud of it but something is terribly wrong with the general leadership and maybe the led too as wajinga sisi imply

Maximum respect guys, sisi wengine sijui tuseme..
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#243 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2020 10:22:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
rurinjaa wrote:

So we vote, they don't vote & criticize our choices. Shindwe!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kaka2za
#244 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 1:01:28 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
rurinjaa wrote:

I voted for two clowns and will never forgive myself.
I have decided never to vote again.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
AlphDoti
#245 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:21:27 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
rurinjaa wrote:

The only time my candidate won was 2002. All through since '92 has been loss. So @Angelica these choices you guys have been making have clearly taken us to the dogs. And as for babies like kina @lonest heshimu wazee!
Angelica _ann
#246 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:30:12 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
rurinjaa wrote:

The only time my candidate won was 2002. All through since '92 has been loss. So @Angelica these choices you guys have been making have clearly taken us to the dogs. And as for babies like kina @lonest heshimu wazee!

I did Kibaki 92, Kibaki 97, Kibaki 2002 before I went tribal smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
aemathenge
#247 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 12:01:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I did Kibaki 92, Kibaki 97, Kibaki 2002 ...

I always knew I loved you, but I didn't know why.

Now I do.

Love you, that is.

You will not love me because after His Excellency Kibaki (God Bless His Soul) was no longer eligible, I lost interest in the whole erection business, never registered as a voter after he left.
aemathenge
#248 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 12:36:02 PM

BBI: From “We the People” to “Fix the People”

Published on December 5, 2019 By Wandia Njoya

Copy and Paste Extract

Quote:
On September 23, Kenyans began their week with the sad news that six children had lost their lives at Precious Talents, a private school in Ngando, a low-income neighborhood of Nairobi, following the collapse of one of the school’s poorly constructed buildings.

Our belligerent Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha rushed to the scene and, after inspecting the disaster and reading a written statement, fielded questions from the press.

In response to the first question about the provision of education for children from poor neighborhoods, the CS insinuated that the children had died because their parents had chosen not to take them to the public schools in the area.

He said: “It comes to a matter of choice for parents.

I am duly advised that the nearest public primary school from here is only two kilometers away.

But then we are a democratic country and the role of the government must be restricted to ensuring that the . . . public primary schools available are safe enough.”

Magoha’s statement bares the soul and reveals the ideology of the Jubilee administration that is driving Kenya towards collapse.

Statements from the government and those pundits that slavishly support it often trace the source of any disaster to the public—especially the victims—and to democracy.

Government insiders and supporters portray the state as blameless, and fault Kenyans for wanting to participate democratically in the making of decisions that affect them, because by doing so, Kenyans put delays on the good work of the government.

“We have good policies,” the government and business people say, “the problem is implementation.”

An insider quoted by David Ndii demonstrates the arrogance and the condescending attitude of the people in government, saying that the president’s view of the public is that “commoners will always be complaining of something.”

The implicit message behind such rhetoric is that nothing can be resolved socially or politically any more.

After all, if every social challenge we face is caused by us, the people, then the response to the challenge must be to fix the behaviour, the values and the soul of the people.

This “fix the people” approach to social problems is the very essence of the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) document released by the government this week.

Bridge over Troubled People

This is not the first time that the state has used the “troubled people” rhetoric.

Former President Moi often said that in order to save Kenyans who were too tribalistic for their own good he could not allow multi-party democracy to take root.

This theme of a troubled people goes as far back as colonial rule, when British missionaries and settlers purported to have come to save us from ignorance, poverty, disease and backward cultures, a policy which the first president Jomo Kenyatta embraced and perpetuated with the only difference that he kept culture off our supposed list of shortcomings.

This “fix the people” approach to social problems is the very essence of the Building Bridges Initiative document released by the government this week

What is different this time is that we are ruled by the most obviously incompetent regime to ever occupy State House.

These days, Kenyans first gauge the president’s sobriety before they weigh what he has to say.

The regime’s incompetence has been accompanied by massive looting of public coffers, and massive privatisation of public institutions and social services, the latest victim of which is Kenyatta National Hospital.

For such an economic mess to be acceptable to the Kenyan public, it must be matched by a corresponding rhetoric.

And so, just like the Reaganomics that produced the portrait of the dysfunctional black family

—with the absent black father and the “welfare queen” mother—

politicians have pointed to Kenyan families and individuals as the cause of Kenya’s political problems.

Source Link: https://www.theelephant....eople-to-fix-the-people/
murchr
#249 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 5:28:25 PM

As we wait on Judge Mativo's ruling of this BBI being unconstitutional - Who knows where these people are sitting and taking up views from Wanjiku?

Has Wanjiku received a copy of so called thing s/he was asked to read?

Has Raila found a way of going straight to the masses without the document going through parliament be it national assembly or county assemblies?

What is the referendum question?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#250 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:51:23 PM

Uhuru is trying to pull the Putin card on us. Its not funny anymore. I support Alice on this.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
madollar
#251 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 3:10:47 AM

murchr wrote:
Uhuru is trying to pull the Putin card on us. Its not funny anymore. I support Alice on this.

Looked more like a personal attack tanga tanga usually operates in a pack.

By the way who was this > >

Did President Uhuru Kenyatta snub a vocal Tangatanga MP when he attended the burial of multi-party hero Charles Rubia in Kandara on Monday? There are claims the President refused to shake hands with the MP and instead greeted other leaders lined up to receive him. Feeling embarrassed, the MP took a back seat at the tent and appeared to be deep in thought. Has the President started to make good his threat to teach his Mt Kenya critics a bitter lesson? A little bird tells us it's only a matter of time before he starts to openly ignore politicians critical of his administration, especially those from his backyard. VIA THE STAR
murchr
#252 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 5:22:29 PM

madollar wrote:
murchr wrote:

Looked more like a personal attack tanga tanga usually operates in a pack.

By the way who was this > >

Did President Uhuru Kenyatta snub a vocal Tangatanga MP when he attended the burial of multi-party hero Charles Rubia in Kandara on Monday? There are claims the President refused to shake hands with the MP and instead greeted other leaders lined up to receive him. Feeling embarrassed, the MP took a back seat at the tent and appeared to be deep in thought. Has the President started to make good his threat to teach his Mt Kenya critics a bitter lesson? A little bird tells us it's only a matter of time before he starts to openly ignore politicians critical of his administration, especially those from his backyard. VIA THE STAR

Personal or not, she spoke the truth kinaga ubaga.

Uhuru's handshake is not worth anything in central now. Kwa ground things are different, we miss Kibaki. Uhuru has totally lost it
aemathenge
#253 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2020 11:51:00 AM

For the attention of @Tycho

Copy and Paste Extract

Quote:
Every start of the year since 2015, I have selected a list of 10 books to read throughout the year.

The books have been mainly make-believe tales of speaking turtles, inferior gods, and men of elongated egos.

I have enjoyed these books.

This year I have found myself taking a different direction with weird books such as Butler Joining the list.

Butler focuses on life inside the Oval Office for thirty years.

Wil Haygood recreates the life of Butler Eugene Allen and seeks to answer the question:

What is a Butler’s view in the Oval Office?

Every summary I have read of the book suggests a plot of Allen as a better nonexistent President; with realistic, but silent views on people’s needs and governance.

I look at Africa, especially my home country Kenya and wonder whether we have a system or a personality problem?

Our president is a drunk.

This man has appeared in more than one event drunk and incoherent.

In 2016, a chief in Nakuru was fired for attending a public event drunk.

It is only in Africa where it is illegal to drink and drive but perfectly legal to drink and run a country.

He should man up and see a psychiatrist.

He is obviously under a lot of pressure from people including his mother, who believes that the leadership mantle should remain with the tyrant.

It is her legacy to ensure the son creates a strong dynasty.

Our president’s drug problem is just recoiling from social, emotional, and political pressure.

His cowardice makes it worse.

No strong, independent, decisive man can allow his homestead to be robbed as he watches.

Today we start repaying the China loan after 5 years grace period.

Chinese manage the SGR, which has not earned active income and Kenyans can’t carry foods while using the SGR.

The ticket prices are exaggerated and the government wants to ban the use of roads from Mombasa to Nairobi.

In short, China took our money, took our travel snacks, overcharged us, they will leave truckers jobless, yet we are paying them 71 Billion per year.

Our President is not immoral, he is sick.

He suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) as a result or as a cause of his alcoholism.

BPD is characterized by unstable moods, emotions, and relationships.

People with BPD become extremely dangerous when the social consequences of negative thoughts, emotions, moods, and relationships are eliminated.

This is why our president will often use words like hatuwaogopi, watatupeleka wapi, and Msicheze na Mimi among other authoritative and threatening words.

When he came to us in 2017, he wanted to help.

However, for alcoholic suffering from BPD, it takes one sitting to change his thoughts, emotions, moods, relationships, and actions.

Right now, the president doesn’t care about us, but he did in 2017.

His emotions are based on his psychological, social, and physical environments.

This is why we are doomed.

This is why BBI should never pass.

This is why we can’t allow Beth Mugo, Atwori, and Murathe to create a constitutional short-circuit to stay in power.

Our president needs help and a lot of prayers to get a spec of mental stability.

We as Kenyans need prayers all through the year.

Last year we died of floods, they now have the colonial 3% levy on small traders, and KRA sent Antiretroviral (ARVs) to West Africa.

The drugs were worth 3.5 Billion meant for 900,000 HIV patients.

Interestingly, KRA wanted tax for the donation.

It feels like someone offering you relief food and paying you to eat.

With him at the throne, Kenya will die soon.

We will continue to say, without fear or favor that Kenya is a failed State and we will blame him and his drunkard stupor.

Look at men like Kagame- Decisive, in-control, sober, sharp, threatening, and focused.

He is simply a drunk joke.

It is, however, not his fault.

What he needs is a doctor, not BBI.

The rest of us need food.

Quote:
... I need to understand the psych affecting Kenia.

Old Jomo was out of touch most of his Reign, but things worked.

His Excellency Kibaki was "apparently mostly sickly and bedridden" after his accident, but, wow, things really worked.

You assert Kenyatta II has BPD, whatever that is, so why aren't things working?

Do our institutions have a psychological problem, so bad, that under Old Jomo and HE Kibaki, they work like a charm, but fall into dysfunction under M Zero One and Kenyatta II?

Should we be, actually, worrying about the psychological problems of our institutions and bureaucrats or poor Kenyatta II?

Source Link:
tycho
#254 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2020 7:10:46 PM

@Mahegoat, thanks for the food for thought.

The exchange that you have shared above is about competing 'reasons' for and against the BBI. I don't think the quality of reason is sufficient in that none of the participants appears to have presented an argument. That is, evidence to prove any of their claims. The latter party appears to be making no claim at all.

But there's something important about the exchange that is also shared by our country managers and some leaders: that it is natural and expedient to look at this debate from a pro versus con perspective.

Hannah Arendt reminds us that the promise of politics is the ability of differing voices and perspectives to create a common and fair division of solutions.

This reminds us of Plato, in 'The Republic' where a leader's greatest training is that of 'dialectics' or the union of differing perspectives through a rigorous system of knowledge creation and management.

But then the most important factor is the philosophy that builds up this kind of training. The basis of Plato's philosophy was how a human functions and this functioning creates society, or the body politic. We have little understanding of ourselves using most contemporary views. Hence we are mostly incapable of effective political discourse.

But one thing is certain, we need National dialogue backed by a well crafted framework similar to or a modified version of BBI.
aemathenge
#255 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2020 8:05:41 PM

tycho wrote:
This reminds us of Plato, in 'The Republic' where a leader's greatest training is that of 'dialectics' or the union of differing perspectives through a rigorous system of knowledge creation and management.

Therein lies my personal challenge.

I feel, like the "wanjinga nyinyi" kid so eloquently puts it, that it is no longer about the "leaders" but the "led".

What is wrong with the Kenian individual, that when He/She has a Michuki/Old Jomo/Kibaki for a boss, performs brilliantly, but when Michuki is transferred, or Kenyatta II takes over, this man/woman reverts to their slovenly self?

Will BBI "cure" the led so that they can pick the "right leader"?

tycho
#256 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2020 10:32:15 AM

aemathenge wrote:
tycho wrote:

I feel, like the "wanjinga nyinyi" kid so eloquently puts it, that it is no longer about the "leaders" but the "led".

What is wrong with the Kenian individual, that when He/She has a Michuki/Old Jomo/Kibaki for a boss, performs brilliantly, but when Michuki is transferred, or Kenyatta II takes over, this man/woman reverts to their slovenly self?

Will BBI "cure" the led so that they can pick the "right leader"?

I can't agree with you that there's a time that Kenyans performed better than others. And I would also not commit myself to saying that Jomo, Michuki or Kibaki were such great leaders. I think they are more of the same in philosophy. But please, if you have any evidence to show of the uniqueness of these leaders, please share.

Your challenge can be best answered if we conduct investigations on the causal conditions and relations that:

1. Tell us times and conditions of optimal performance
2. Whether contents of BBI can be used to optimize performance

I believe these are relatively easy tasks to accomplish. We can have answers and start on implementing a strategy together. Politics can be that easy if there are no schemes to exploit others unjustly.
murchr
#257 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 5:44:39 PM

Raila says referendum will be in June. Walete hii kitu we shred it
Njunge
#258 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 6:12:23 PM

murchr wrote:

I obviously don't like Ruto and I will never even if he reforms. I have a passionate dislike for thieves. Somehow , I see him winning against this BBI nonsense. You see, the country is in tatters. Companies are closing left and right. Job losses. Life is becoming unbearable and Kenya needs a quick fix...
Ruto can't get us that but at least he is saying nothing about anything. Uhuru and Raila can do something about it. Unfortunately, they have opted to put focus on some useless shit called BBI which has focus on 2022. Hungry and angry Kenyans won't come out to support that rubbish. I say to them now.STOP!!. Fix this country NOW and spare Kenyans that BBI ghasia!
murchr
#259 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:05:57 PM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:

I obviously don't like Ruto and I will never even if he reforms. I have a passionate dislike for thieves. Somehow , I see him winning against this BBI nonsense. You see, the country is in tatters. Companies are closing left and right. Job losses. Life is becoming unbearable and Kenya needs a quick fix...
Ruto can't get us that but at least he is saying nothing about anything. Uhuru and Raila can do something about it. Unfortunately, they have opted to put focus on some useless shit called BBI which has focus on 2022. Hungry and angry Kenyans won't come out to support that rubbish. I say to them now.STOP!!. Fix this country NOW and spare Kenyans that BBI ghasia!

I told you not to underestimate WSR. Were it not for Ruto, Uhuru would never have clinched the Presidency. He's a chicken.......kut kut kut...and gets trapped then running around swerving on everything without being clear on what he wants.

Angelica _ann
#260 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2020 7:43:09 PM

murchr wrote:
Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:

I told you not to underestimate WSR. Were it not for Ruto, Uhuru would never have clinched the Presidency. He's a chicken.......kut kut kut...and gets trapped then running around swerving on everything without being clear on what he wants.

We keep on telling guys that WSR is the next PORK.