Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<678910>»
Kenya Power HY 2019
KaunganaDoDo
#141 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 9:12:38 AM

heri wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Long-wait-Edward-Ouko-successor/1056-5373364-4od018z/index.html

LONG WAIT INDEED...But this should be the period to EXIT from KPLC . Dont wait for the stampede next year. You can always come back when things Improve or concerted efforts are made to improve the situation. Half Year Should be a loss, if not full year.

Anyway, as St Pauls Tell the Galatians...YoU know what sort of time we live in, and so you should live properly....its TIME TO WAKE UP... the Hour when Christ will come back is nearer now than when we first put our faith in the lord....

wow. Indeed we live in perilous times of thieving kila kitu. is it time to accumulate KENGEN? or also to exit

There is a lot of foreboding at KPLC.There are vultures all over, waiting for the body...though its not yet dead..

THIS KIND OF FOREBODING...
BRUTUS
Farewell to you, and you, and you, Volumnius. Strato, you’ve slept this whole time. Farewell to you too, Strato. Countrymen, my heart rejoices that in all my life I knew no men who were untrue to me. I’ll have glory in this losing day—more than Octavius and Mark Antony will gain by their foul conquest. So farewell, all, for my tongue has almost finished with its life. I can’t see ahead of me. My bones want to rest after helping me up to this hour......
Receptor
#142 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 11:59:49 AM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Long-wait-Edward-Ouko-successor/1056-5373364-4od018z/index.html

LONG WAIT INDEED...But this should be the period to EXIT from KPLC . Dont wait for the stampede next year. You can always come back when things Improve or concerted efforts are made to improve the situation. Half Year Should be a loss, if not full year.

Anyway, as St Pauls Tell the Galatians...YoU know what sort of time we live in, and so you should live properly....its TIME TO WAKE UP... the Hour when Christ will come back is nearer now than when we first put our faith in the lord....

In short what we know is that the books are ready and the only thing remaining is the AG's signature. Therefore, this means that the results are known. The question is, are FY19 results a profit or is it a loss? simple.
KaunganaDoDo
#143 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 8:43:36 PM

Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

In short what we know is that the books are ready and the only thing remaining is the AG's signature. Therefore, this means that the results are known. The question is, are FY19 results a profit or is it a loss? simple.

A profit of 50,000 Shillings. Now you can go celebrate. Its a Baby Boy!!!!
Receptor
#144 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 10:08:55 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Share price already reflects the profit of 50,000 shillings. So,nothing new here. The "news" have already been factored-in.
KaunganaDoDo
#145 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 7:49:29 AM

Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Share price already reflects the profit of 50,000 shillings. So,nothing new here. The "news" have already been factored-in.

You havent seen nothing yet...before you blink,before you wink, it will be 2bob. it will trade chini ya maji for some time
Receptor
#146 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 9:55:01 AM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:

You havent seen nothing yet...before you blink,before you wink, it will be 2bob. it will trade chini ya maji for some time

2 bob for Kenya power is a steal
VituVingiSana
#147 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 11:33:41 AM

Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Which will also be stolen from you! The "fundamentals" look compelling but the drama and governance is poor.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#148 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:20:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?

Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM

Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto

What if he refuses to submit one of the 3 names?

He is obliged. Anything else is high crime and misdemeanors...We impeach him
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly "We" ni nani?
Anyway, I am in the same boat given my Kenya Re but I have a little more time.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Had to look for this 'impeach him' post - impunity reigns mutado? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#149 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:47:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Which will also be stolen from you! The "fundamentals" look compelling but the drama and governance is poor.

It is quite unfortunate that in the year 2019 listed companies are still struggling with corporate governance. I remember in the year 2002 - 2006 Kenya power rallied from 2 bob to 200bob. This one i'd rather watch from outside given Jubilee government record of corruption and daylight robbery. Hata at 1 bob i cannot touch.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Receptor
#150 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:09:17 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

It is quite unfortunate that in the year 2019 listed companies are still struggling with corporate governance. I remember in the year 2002 - 2006 Kenya power rallied from 2 bob to 200bob. This one i'd rather watch from outside given Jubilee government record of corruption and daylight robbery. Hata at 1 bob i cannot touch.

The more reason Kenya power is a BUY at kshs. 2.9
KaunganaDoDo
#151 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:24:21 PM

Receptor wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

And what will it be at 2.3?
Superprime1
#152 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:55:10 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Touched 2.7 today. Hurtling towards 2.0.
Ericsson
#153 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:13:51 PM

https://www.capitalfm.co...-applicants-unsuitable/

The selection process for the Auditor General is set to be advertised afresh after seventeen shortlisted candidates failed to reach the threshold for the final shortlist for appointment, Public Service Commission (PSC) announced Wednesday.

PSC Chairperson Stephen Kirogo told a media briefing the position will be re-advertised adding the commission was committed to ensure the office is held by a person of great character that the public will be proud of.

Sammy Onyango, the chairperson of the selection panel said none of the fifteen men and two women shortlisted met the developed criteria for listing in the final shortlisted for consideration by Parliament before
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Receptor
#154 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:18:53 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Receptor wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:

Touched 2.7 today. Hurtling towards 2.0.

2 bob will value Kenya Power at 3.9 billion. Common sense tells me that Kenya power is worth more that 20 times this
Extraterrestrial
#155 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2019 8:02:08 AM

Upon public discovery of Sh10b unrecovered fuel costs present in KPLC's FY17 books, PWC was on the spot for giving an inappropriate opinion.

As a result, PWC increased the testing & scrutiny of receivables & this is why KPLC's earnings have been falling, purely on bad debts.

The arrest of most of the senior management made the audit a "high risk audit" so the amount of substantive testing was increased due to control failure.
Ericsson
#156 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2019 9:00:38 AM

Company will still continue relying on bank overdrafts for the foreseeable future.
And with repeal of interest rates cap law,finance costs will go higher.
Jared Othieno did well in progressively bringing down the bank borrowings
Ericsson
#157 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 5:46:07 PM

https://youtu.be/ZKOSXscFZQA
Ebenyo
#158 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2019 7:07:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:

If he starts from their,he will seal a lot of loopholes.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Balaa
#159 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2019 3:42:20 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

If he starts from their,he will seal a lot of loopholes.

Thought he's a product of the same management that was complicit in the rotSad
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Extraterrestrial
#160 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:22:45 AM

When do we expect an Auditor General? This government is very skilled in not giving a flying fish.