wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Borehole pump
tom_boy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:01:20 AM

Most reliable and cost effective supplier? Please share
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Rahatupu
#2 Posted : Friday, December 06, 2019 5:30:00 AM

tom_boy wrote:

Size and purposed use?
NewMoney
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 3:00:09 AM

tom_boy wrote:

Davis and Shirtlif... these ones don't have compe and they have a selection of pumps based your budget and capacity needed... 10 to 50k

you could also get a pump on river road, but I think D & S is a better idea.... their commodity is available in almost all counties major hardware shops
tom_boy
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 4:17:36 PM

NewMoney wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Davis and Shirtlif... these ones don't have compe and they have a selection of pumps based your budget and capacity needed... 10 to 50k

you could also get a pump on river road, but I think D & S is a better idea.... their commodity is available in almost all counties major hardware shops

Thanks. I found davis and shirtliff to be more expensive compared to other providers. Even discovered one can order a full kit borehole pump plus all accessories on alibaba and just get a local installer. Dunia imekuwa ndogo kweli

The alibaba option is potentially the cheapest moneywise but more risk due to having to handle alot of logistics myself.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
tom_boy
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 4:24:29 PM

As an example, davis quoted 1.8m, another 2 companies quoted 1.4 and 1.5. This is for a 5.5kw borehole solar pump with all accessories and installation.

Alibaba option was 600k for equipment 300k shipping. Then will have to get a local installer. Works out cheaper but shipping takes 4-6wks, no idea what stories might come up the the port when clearing plus not easy to followup on warranty if equipment fails.
NewMoney
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 08, 2019 9:00:15 PM

tom_boy wrote:
As an example, davis quoted 1.8m, another 2 companies quoted 1.4 and 1.5. This is for a 5.5kw borehole solar pump with all accessories and installation.

Alibaba option was 600k for equipment 300k shipping. Then will have to get a local installer. Works out cheaper but shipping takes 4-6wks, no idea what stories might come up the the port when clearing plus not easy to followup on warranty if equipment fails.

Those are damn expensive pumps... am assuming they were for industrial use.

A pump for regular borehole ussually ranges from 10k to 50k depending on the depth capacity and brand... I personally got the one for 24k from Davis and got my own technician to do everything else, the well is 60 feet deep though. Of course electricity connection and plumbing setup will cost much more not to mention the cost of digging the well...
Xymalos
#7 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 3:14:47 AM

I sought for a quotation a year ago from a friend who is a hydrogeologist. He indicated a good submersible pump will cost around 1.5m. He also pointed one important aspect: To make sure you have a "Maintenance Contract" with whoever installs the pump. That way if your expensive pump breaks down, they come and fix it.
Mkimwa
#8 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2019 8:50:43 AM

NewMoney wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Those are damn expensive pumps... am assuming they were for industrial use.

A pump for regular borehole ussually ranges from 10k to 50k depending on the depth capacity and brand... I personally got the one for 24k from Davis and got my own technician to do everything else, the well is 60 feet deep though. Of course electricity connection and plumbing setup will cost much more not to mention the cost of digging the well...

A proper borehole goes beyond 100-150m. At those depths, the pump needs to be very strong - and can cost alot.

A friend dug a borehole of 150m, and out-fitting the borehole (the pump, pipes, meter, control panels, cables etc) cost at least 600K. And this was for a 3KW pump. So if you are looking for a 5.5kw pump, it will be more expensive.