wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wako Praised!
B.Timer
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:16:23 PM

And so, from the most unlikely of quarters!

http://www.nation.co.ke/...0/-/gn5l54z/-/index.html
Dunia ni msongamano..
Cardinal
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:37:26 PM

Never mind.He will be remembered as the greatest object of impunity in Kenya,during both the Kanu regime and Kibaki administration.Thank God he will not be remembered for long
Njung'e
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 7:08:01 AM

He will be forgotten by a majority Kenyans by day 28,August this year....BK
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mchawi
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 7:32:09 AM

Remembered by KANU leadership and forgotten by rest of Kenyans!
simonkabz
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 9:06:14 AM

During the CJ vetting, he striked me as very sober minded. Suffice it to say, he was far more level headed n cool. I choose not to highlight his failures n extended service.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Intelligentsia
#6 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 9:20:38 AM

@B.Timer, glad you brought this up because I find Ahmednassir's change of heart perplexing and even a tad suspicious- why did he pour scathing vitriol on Wako the previous week in the same column and then in the following week he is praising and showering accolades on smiley, crediting him for his pro-reform credentials that he had said he seriously lacks the previous week?!

Why the 360 degree change? What happened within the week to warrant this dramatic about turn? Guilt? Mending fences?
FundamentAli
#7 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 10:31:41 AM

He is a chameleon. He changes his colours with the environment. Put him next to reformers and he is a reformer. Put him next to a big fish, he will dine smile and protect big fish. Howdo you judge such a person?
kiriita
#8 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 11:59:08 AM

FundamentAli wrote:
He is a chameleon. He changes his colours with the environment. Put him next to reformers and he is a reformer. Put him next to a big fish, he will dine smile and protect big fish. Howdo you judge such a person?

Wako or Ahmednasir?
XSK
#9 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 12:28:52 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
He is a chameleon. He changes his colours with the environment. Put him next to reformers and he is a reformer. Put him next to a big fish, he will dine smile and protect big fish. How do you judge such a person?

Like a watermelon perhaps? smile
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
For Sport
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 2:17:16 PM

kiriita wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

Wako or Ahmednasir?

Wako - which explains why he kept the job for that long.
Mtafiti
#11 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 10:39:19 PM

".....praised" in America.
aemathenge
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:42:00 AM

Copy and Paste Extract

Amos Wako, wife and son barred from entering US

Source: https://www.the-star.co....arred-from-entering-us/

Quote:
Former AG and Busia Senator Amos Wako has been barred from travelling to the United States for what the US Department of State has described as involvement in significant corruption.

This announcement was made on Monday evening under Section 7031(c) of the Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2019 (Div. F, P.L. 116-6), as carried forward by the Continuing Appropriations Act, 2020 (Div. A, P.L. 116-59).

"Section 7031(c) provides that, in cases where the Secretary of State has credible information that officials of foreign governments have been involved in significant corruption, those individuals and their immediate family members are ineligible for entry into the United States," US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said.

The letter further states that the law also requires the Secretary of State to publicly or privately designate such officials and their immediate family members.

In addition to Wako being barred, the Department has also blocked Wako’s wife, Flora Ngaira, and their son.

"Today’s action sends a strong signal that the United States is a valuable partner in Kenya’s fight against corruption. The United States will continue to stand with all Kenyans as they strive to curb and punish corruption in Kenya.," the statement read.

Efforts to reach Wako for comment were unsuccessful as his phone was off.

Wako was banned from entering the US in 2009 and threatened legal action against the US.

Extract From The Comments Section:

Quote:
His other wife got herself a loan from a defunct bank as things go in Kenya.

They have the money, the bank is in bankruptcy.

He has inside knowledge of the Goldenberg saga.
murchr
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:50:54 AM

How many wives has this man?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mpobiz
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:39:55 AM

murchr wrote:

First tell us about yours. But the next big news is that BBI is now dead.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Kusadikika
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:45:21 PM

Read the bigger picture. The US is declaring its stand on BBI.

Focusing on Wako is missing the point.
Kusadikika
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:51:36 PM

murchr wrote:

His first wife had mental illness.
murchr
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:06:38 PM

mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:

I have not been blocked from flying to the US of A. So my wife should be of no interest. I happen to know another Wako's wife
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mpobiz
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:18:59 PM

murchr wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:

I have not been blocked from flying to the US of A. So my wife should be of no interest. I happen to know another Wako's wife

My point is as a man why are you surprised about another man having multiple wives known or unknown and we are all the same? We are full of surprises and its about time you (@murchr) surprise your colleagues, this wazua nation or even your wife.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
murchr
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:00:17 AM

mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:

My point is as a man why are you surprised about another man having multiple wives known or unknown and we are all the same? We are full of surprises and its about time you (@murchr) surprise your colleagues, this wazua nation or even your wife.

What makes you think am surprised? It was a simple question which you would easily have skipped if you have no answer.

Punguza ma feelings boss after all the truth always comes out when one is dead. And look up the word surprise in the dictionary , i suspect you are misusing it
AlphDoti
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:40:20 AM

murchr wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
murchr wrote:

What makes you think am surprised? It was a simple question which you would easily have skipped if you have no answer.

Punguza ma feelings boss after all the truth always comes out when one is dead. And look up the word surprise in the dictionary , i suspect you are misusing it

You have not told us about yours. Why are you concerned about another man's wives, whether barred or not.