wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Uber planning to roll out matatus
#41 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2019 8:22:44 PM

wukan wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
The National Safety and Transport Authority has blacklisted Swvl and Little shuttle for violating operation rules.

Director General Francis Meja in a press statement on Monday said the two hailing app companies have been engaging in commuter service business within Nairobi contrary to its licence.

matatu cartels fight back. The BRT which has never kicked off will also be sabotaged. There are enough people invested in chaos in this town.

It's shocking that anyone in authority would want this crappy disaster called matatu industry to continue. We should have gotten rid of these things a long time ago. I know people will complain 'ohh' unemployment for our youth... total crap. This sector does not employ our youth, it either underemploys them or destroy them with terrible work ethics, bad lunguage and company, drugs, theft etc. If I were president, I would order for an end of this matatu nonsense and I can assure you something better would rise up due to necessity. A leader's job is to create disruption by getting rid of what is no longer viable. In this age, you do not fight to sustain a dying industry, you embrace the new just like we didn't fight for the survival of typewriters yet clerical secretarial was the 2nd highest to employment of women after teaching.

BBI will solve it
:)
newfarer
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2019 6:27:59 AM

failed state.. who does that.. nkt ntsa cartel.swvl and little cab can easily win this one in court.is the work of ntsa to count dead bodies after accidents
punda amecheka
Gathige
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2019 10:54:24 AM

sparkly wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
The National Safety and Transport Authority has blacklisted Swvl and Little shuttle for violating operation rules.

Director General Francis Meja in a press statement on Monday said the two hailing app companies have been engaging in commuter service business within Nairobi contrary to its licence.

These are hailing apps, to hail matatus
Kwani he wants them to ferry passengers via phone Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Meja's sentiments clearly exemplifies the essence of disruptive technologies like Uber, Bitcoin etc- the need to break away from bureaucratic licensing regimes. They would rather be reporting death statistics on our roads rather than innovations that improve our road transport system
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
subaru
#44 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 8:09:43 AM

And what about the clientele who pays 10 Bob and 20 Bob and use kabambe phones are you going to force them to go android
Gathige
#45 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2019 2:34:15 PM

subaru wrote:
And what about the clientele who pays 10 Bob and 20 Bob and use kabambe phones are you going to force them to go android

May be the kabambe users can use those " *1234* prompts to access the services.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Lolest!
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:58:55 PM

Just had a chat with a cab guy who works with swvl too

They beat NTSA by registering a Sacco

The guys on swvl there are making good cash. Beats taxi apps by far. A van can get upto 10k a day
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
newfarer
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:52:22 AM

great job swvl..these going by the number of vans on the road.. matatus will get a run for their money
punda amecheka
Doombringer
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 9:54:20 PM

healthy competition is always great, I am not sure why some people are so much against it in reality. Do we make something bad within it ? I do not think so anyway. I am just hoping to get something along with it in reality. How else can we do that ? Can we ? UBER GO!
newfarer
#49 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:08:37 AM

newfarer
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:51:34 PM

Njunge
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:37:35 PM

Can't remember which paper had this article by Shabhal where he opens up on gathering hauling truck owners to discuss their future when it became clear that SGR was to take off. Many dismissed Shabhal as a Jubilee sycophant who was only fronting for his masters.That was until the train hit them! Now we see them on Mombasa streets every day carrying placards. The train left.Thing is,the government has no rapid mass transport system of its own and so one would expect that it would support any move that would bring order in the industry.The matatu cartels may resist,the government may play dumb and pay lip service but technology and the commuters preferences will prevail. I think we will have huge and quick transformation in the next 2/3 years that will change the way Nairobians commute. Ole those who will stand on the way.
newfarer
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:43:51 PM

Njunge wrote:
Can't remember which paper had this article by Shabhal where he opens up on gathering hauling truck owners to discuss their future when it became clear that SGR was to take off. Many dismissed Shabhal as a Jubilee sycophant who was only fronting for his masters.That was until the train hit them! Now we see them on Mombasa streets every day carrying placards. The train left.Thing is,the government has no rapid mass transport system of its own and so one would expect that it would support any move that would bring order in the industry.The matatu cartels may resist,the government may play dumb and pay lip service but technology and the commuters preferences will prevail. I think we will have huge and quick transformation in the next 2/3 years that will change the way Nairobians commute. Ole those who will stand on the way.

this is deep
punda amecheka
newfarer
#53 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:56:40 PM

I see the fight between swvl and ntsa and see a dumb government. Why is government fighting organised job creation

With organised and convenient public transport more people would be willing to leave their cars home and hence lesser traffic jams,more productive workers higher GDP etc.simple economics

NTSA wants Swvl chief executive prosecuted
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 17:25
Transport regulator accuses the matatu-hailing firm of operating in the country illegally.
punda amecheka