wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

151 Pages«<141142143144145>»
Law Capping interest rates
maka
#2841 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:33:49 PM

Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
I hope the reversal of interest rate cap will improve CBK T-bill and T-bond rates. Those in the know, what do you think/any comment?

CBK has no choice but to improve those rates, if the Big 4 Agenda is still on the table...it's the only way to compete for funds with the private sector.

@Monk we have been waiting for this reversal for like 2- 3 years now... For sure Opus Dei has done a good job with keeping the rates low and govt still gets its' fill at auctions plus even goes further to reject higher rates.

@AA I believe rates will turn but it will all be dependent on how the new structure post repeal will be ( for lack of a better word)... If banks will stop going heavy on bonds we will most def see way better rates CBK will have to adjust upwards at primaries to attract investors... Rem we were here when the 1 yr bond touched 22% thanks to Prof...We still have bonds with coupon payments of 14% issued around that time....

possunt quia posse videntur
newfarer
#2842 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:20:48 PM

old loans should remain capped.. they can lend new loans at 1001% if they want.otherwise it would be fraudulent to increase the rates for those who took loans based on stable rates
punda amecheka
VituVingiSana
#2843 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:37:20 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Sufficiently Philanga....thropic]Back to laissez faire......as Ouru reportedly refuses to sign the Finance Bill until the rate cap is axed, according to CBG Njoroge Applause Applause Applause

https://www.bloomberg.co...twitter_impression=true[/quote]

News you don't find on business daily

It's on the front-page, Business Daily today -- or which one are you reading?

@ericsson - ???? Which version of BD do you read?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#2844 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:39:23 PM

Fyatu wrote:
which bank at current prices will deliver > 5 bagger?I dont see KCB and Equity rallying x5times i.e., There is no way KCB and Equity will rally to 200bob. Thus i repeat the question....which listed bank will deliver greater than 5 bagger? Lets speculate
After ARM you still want to speculate? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Horton
#2845 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:11:58 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
which bank at current prices will deliver > 5 bagger?I dont see KCB and Equity rallying x5times i.e., There is no way KCB and Equity will rally to 200bob. Thus i repeat the question....which listed bank will deliver greater than 5 bagger? Lets speculate
After ARM you still want to speculate? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

KCB is easily a 2-3 bagger
Fyatu
#2846 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:06:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
obiero
#2847 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:16:48 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

NCBA may just be the one

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Horton
#2848 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:50:22 PM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

NCBA may just be the one

Too many unknowns here
mlennyma
#2849 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 10:13:25 AM

The president is tired,he is good at whipping,let's wait and see
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ngalaka
#2850 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 10:45:50 AM

newfarer wrote:
old loans should remain capped.. they can lend new loans at 1001% if they want.otherwise it would be fraudulent to increase the rates for those who took loans based on stable rates

Good to see that you have FINALLY accepted the truism that has always been in plain sight.
Applause Applause Applause
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
MaichBlack
#2851 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:13:17 AM

newfarer wrote:

Eating you cake and having it??? No?

When the rates were introduced, everyone said the rates MUST apply to all loans including the old ones! And this was forced through. Now the shoe is on the other foot!!

Of course the banks will most probably be forced to retain old rates after the repeal especially given that most MPigs are in debt to the neck but that is totally insincere. But then again this is Kenya!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
whiteowl
#2852 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 4:02:22 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

When the rates were introduced, everyone said the rates MUST apply to all loans including the old ones! And this was forced through. Now the shoe is on the other foot!!

Of course the banks will most probably be forced to retain old rates after the repeal especially given that most MPigs are in debt to the neck but that is totally insincere. But then again this is Kenya!

Yes this is Kenya! People take both sides of the argument all the timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly when it can only be true for one.
murchr
#2853 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:15:49 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

And if the banks go to court, the precedent of changing the rates for all loans may be enforced. Anything can happen
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
FUNKY
#2854 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 6:46:46 PM

HaMaina
#2855 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 6:51:11 PM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

And if the banks go to court, the precedent of changing the rates for all loans may be enforced. Anything can happen

I doubt they would be hostile. Odds are they would be as friendly as possible even giving new loans at very affordable rates making the old loan takers to topup, then a year or 2 later the circus begins.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Ericsson
#2856 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 7:41:27 AM

Will the repeal in interest rates cap law have an effect on Fuliza which the president called digital shylocks
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mlennyma
#2857 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 9:56:37 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Will the repeal in interest rates cap law have an effect on Fuliza which the president called digital shylocks

ofcoz they are digital shylocks when you compute the interest
mlennyma
#2858 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 9:59:16 AM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/MPs-to-defy-Uhuru-over-loan-rate-caps/1056-5315586-15j4ggtz/index.html

In the spirit of the handshake will the president be overpowered?can they raise two thirds to fight back....I want this thing abolished so that the nse can start recovering,the banks contributed the most in bringing down the market ....defend where your mouth is
MaichBlack
#2859 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:24:17 AM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/MPs-to-defy-Uhuru-over-loan-rate-caps/1056-5315586-15j4ggtz/index.html ^

Good luck to them Marshalling the required 2/3 majority!! They are just politicking and they know it. Most of these cowards will not even be in the house when the vote is taken.

CBK + Treasury + President vs MPigs!!! Good luck with that. And the President just requires 1/3 (which includes all absentees!!). Do the Math.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#2860 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 9:26:42 AM

whiteowl wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

Yes this is Kenya! People take both sides of the argument all the timeLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly when it can only be true for one.

Absolutely no shame!!! How "we" take both sides of an argument when it suits us totally baffles me!