wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
KCB or Equity Bank?
Ericsson
#121 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2019 8:18:50 PM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kcb share price on upward trend while equity bank on downward.
Kcb has just completed acquisition of NBK while equity bank is in the process of acquiring Atlas mara banking assets

To me based on their current prices, Equity is underpriced , it should be at par with KCB if not higher.
But from dividend angle and for dividend hunters like me, please give me more KCB and take away your Equity.
WHY ?
3.5 bob VS 2.0 bob dividend the difference is clear.
KCB also paying dividend twice (interim and final) is also salulatory to us non resident foreigners and retirees like me (income).
KCB is a balanced counter , investing in growth and also compensating shareholders accordingly . Equity is on aggressive growth only .

Different strokes to different folks.
Strictly old papa mzee@Young opinion .

Soon even coop bank may catch up to Equity bank in terms of amount of money paid out as dividend

Dividend payout for banking stocks FY2018
KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#122 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2019 9:04:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kcb has just completed acquisition of NBK while equity bank is in the process of acquiring Atlas mara banking assets

To me based on their current prices, Equity is underpriced , it should be at par with KCB if not higher.
But from dividend angle and for dividend hunters like me, please give me more KCB and take away your Equity.
WHY ?
KCB also paying dividend twice (interim and final) is also salulatory to us non resident foreigners and retirees like me (income).
KCB is a balanced counter , investing in growth and also compensating shareholders accordingly . Equity is on aggressive growth only .

Soon even coop bank may catch up to Equity bank in terms of amount of money paid out as dividend

KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn
Of all the banks listed, I think Equity has the best potential for growth over the next 5-10 years with the recent acquisitions in DRC and of Atlas Mara banks.

For those looking for a higher dividend yield in the near future then KCB or SCBK may be a better option.
Different strokes for different folks.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#123 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2019 10:06:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

WHY ?

KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn
Of all the banks listed, I think Equity has the best potential for growth over the next 5-10 years with the recent acquisitions in DRC and of Atlas Mara banks.

For those looking for a higher dividend yield in the near future then KCB or SCBK may be a better option.

We wait and see
Ebenyo
#124 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:14:52 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

WHY ?

KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn

We wait and see

Points of concern in both entities:
Kcb-G.o.K and nssf combined ownership of 23%.This brings fears of meddling.

Equity- How will it survive post James Mwangi?

Numbers favour Kcb as Equity has appeared lethargic in recent years.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Horton
#125 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:29:29 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

WHY ?

KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn

We wait and see

Waiting game this. However, any banking stock you buy of tier 1 banks including NCBA should do well in the long term as banking stocks are grossly undervalued.

Nonetheless, consider this KCB is solidifying their bread and butter before venturing out. Was it 20% in market share? NBK acquisition alone is worth more than the 2 DRC banks.

Also looking at EQUITY FY the impact of these other markets is currently insignificant considering they have been in UG/RW etc for a while.
Ericsson
#126 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:16:20 PM

Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

WHY ?

KCB---Ksh.10.75bn
Equity bank---Ksh.7.54bn
Stanchart----ksh.6.53bn
Barclays---Ksh.5.97bn
Coop---Ksh.5.9bn

We wait and see

Waiting game this. However, any banking stock you buy of tier 1 banks including NCBA should do well in the long term as banking stocks are grossly undervalued.

Nonetheless, consider this KCB is solidifying their bread and butter before venturing out. Was it 20% in market share? NBK acquisition alone is worth more than the 2 DRC banks.

Also looking at EQUITY FY the impact of these other markets is currently insignificant considering they have been in UG/RW etc for a while.

KCB may acquire Consolidated bank
heri
#127 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:17:23 PM

i also see Cytonn has ranked I&M as number 1 in their buy recommendations
heri
#128 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:20:50 PM

My biggest fear with banking stocks is that the NPLs are being understated and the economy seems to be hurtling towards the abyss with increasing speed which can only make the NPLs worse or does the lending to GOK rather than to SMEs /Wanjiku make the situation less serious?
young
#129 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 1:15:25 PM

Facts foretold and now unfolded ...EQUITY Vs KCB

https://www.businessdail...6434-42mvnrz/index.html

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#130 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 2:02:45 PM

young wrote:

KCB is the country's biggest bank by assets and profitability.
Business daily are avoiding stating profitability
Horton
#131 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:37:54 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:

“ KCB on Wednesday closed trading with a market value of Sh133.6 billion, trailing Equity’s Sh135.4 billion by just Sh1.8 billion as the convergence in their paper value intensified.
On April 8, 2018, Equity had a lead of Sh40 billion as its market capitalisation stood at Sh205.6 billion compared to KCB’s Sh165.5 billion.”

Sensationalist reporting, It should read “ Equity market cap falls significantly” or “KCB holds better value in bear market”

Because technically KCB hasn’t “risen” in the traditional way of things
Ericsson
#132 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 7:45:14 PM

Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:

“ KCB on Wednesday closed trading with a market value of Sh133.6 billion, trailing Equity’s Sh135.4 billion by just Sh1.8 billion as the convergence in their paper value intensified.
On April 8, 2018, Equity had a lead of Sh40 billion as its market capitalisation stood at Sh205.6 billion compared to KCB’s Sh165.5 billion.”

Sensationalist reporting, It should read “ Equity market cap falls significantly” or “KCB holds better value in bear market”

Because technically KCB hasn’t “risen” in the traditional way of things

Githeri media and gazetti ya kufunga nyama
Ericsson
#133 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:55:06 PM

If Equity bank share price continues going down,KCB may also catch the cold and it's share price start sliding.
Horton
#134 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:29:03 PM

Ericsson wrote:
If Equity bank share price continues going down,KCB may also catch the cold and it's share price start sliding.

Oooh I wish u are right. Waiting on the sidelines
Ebenyo
#135 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:21:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:

The market was reacting to the news of Equity taking over Cables loans.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
cnn
#136 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:25:15 AM

KCB touching a high of 43.90 and Equity bank doing more than 6 million shares in today's early trading .
cyruskulei
#137 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:07:31 PM

Leo it seems Equity bank has woken up with a huge demand.

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#138 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:32:16 PM

cyruskulei wrote:

Member looking to take down the whole of Septembers trading volumes,35M, in one dayd'oh!

@SufficientlyP
Ericsson
#139 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:34:01 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Member looking to take down the whole of Septembers trading volumes,35M, in one dayd'oh!

Can even reach 80mn
watesh
#140 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:43:04 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:

Someone must be exiting big