wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
lets take our country back.......
kenyarevolution
#1 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 12:03:29 PM

Following the proposed salary increment by MPs I have realised that this level of impunity will continue to bedevil us unless decisive action is done by us Kenyans.

There is no way we gonna have real change if whenever scandals of such magnitude occur we do nothing.

Since 2002 we have witnessed unparallel level of corruption scandals, unethical conduct and unreasonable payments that those we trusted with our coffers have propagated.

Our continued silence has emboldened them to the extent of paying themselves more than salaries of presidents of developed world.

How are we supposed to shoulder such humongous salary load keeping in mind most of our development budget is funded by donor money?

People are dying in our hospitals for lack of essential drugs and equipments. This country depend on one or two dialysis machine, District hospital lack qualified doctors they rely on clinical officers ,one nurse serving more than 70 patients.
Walk into any dispensary and see the level of desperation the common mwananchi has to endure.

Its time we took matters into our own hands lets us as Kenyans petition the president ,the prime minister and their band of thieves with written complaints about what we see as bad governance, and if its possible lets send the all parliament home and elect new crop of leaders.

IT’S TIME FOR MASS ACTION
Wendz
#2 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 12:13:08 PM

And the most disheartening thing is, they agreed that they will close down some schools because there are no enough teachers and the government is unable to employ more teachers... yet, the same govt can afford to pay them, when there are so many education graduates with no jobs.... Let me know when we are signing it!! I am getting so sick i might need a room next to PM in hospital at this rate!
mwenza
#3 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 12:19:23 PM

kenyarevolution wrote:

Unfortunately, for mass action to be effective, it has to be organised and led by the same filthy politicians!!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
bkismat
#4 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 1:01:08 PM

mwenza wrote:
kenyarevolution wrote:

Unfortunately, for mass action to be effective, it has to be organised and led by the same filthy politicians!!

and hijacked by louts who think MASS ACTION EQUALS LOOTING AND DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
Toxicity
#5 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 2:04:17 PM

i decided long time ago that i will not care how much those MPIGS pay themselves...i will try and work on my own and try to make my own wealth.
Even if it means voting them out the ones who are voted in will still continue with the same impunity...ever noticed that when this salary thing is discussed the likes of raila , kalonzo, mudavadi and kibz are never in parliament...? they just send their frontbenchers to do the dirty work.
update president set president = speaker where president is null
simonkabz
#6 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 2:55:43 PM

Time 4 new KATIBA!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
winston
#7 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 3:08:57 PM

I have doubts whether a new Katiba with the same politicians will change their impunity.

My guess is that we can only effect change if we 'change' the electorate.

Its only when we and our kin stop 'rewarding' immoral and corrupt people with votes that Kenya will change.

We should be very afraid if we cant change the politicians and cant change the electorate...a third force will force the change sooner or later!
aemathenge
#8 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 3:59:14 PM

Honey pie, you never had the country in the first place.

Kenya has its owners and it seems you are not one of them.

So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Or become a Kenyan owner.
Mwafrika31
#9 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 4:37:17 PM

I think a revolution is historically inevitable. all the things the current rulers are doing, function to delegitimise the entire political system, this means that a dictatorship can be easily foistered on the country with a supportive population. Look at western Europe circa 1930s
kadonye
#10 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 5:23:31 PM

Kenyans are partly to blame for this predicamentSad

If you were asked what the role of an MP is wouldn't it include doing harambees, giving funds for the fixing of broken window panes in constituency primary schools, buying drugs for the local dispensary...Sad

Who ever remembers the MAIN ROLE which is legislating and acting on your behalf in national decision making?

There are long queues at MPS' offices not of people giving MPs their views on how he should vote on a crucial bill or a road that the govt has neglected and should be presented at the floor of the house but people begging for money for fees,church project etc

No wonder we have so many obsolete Acts with archaic fines and rules and WE DON'T CARE!Sad

Therein lies our failure as ordinary Kenyans,I was shocked in another thread to realise that most skerians belong to this school of thought which has led to massive salary increments for MPs.Sad
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
story teller
#11 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 5:24:57 PM

I have completely given up on our politicians. We just need to focus on ourselves and let the politicians cook themselves in a slow cooking pot..bure kabisa!
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
kadonye
#12 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 5:32:28 PM

Toxicity wrote:
i decided long time ago that i will not care how much those MPIGS pay themselves...i will try and work on my own and try to make my own wealth.
Even if it means voting them out the ones who are voted in will still continue with the same impunity...ever noticed that when this salary thing is discussed the likes of raila , kalonzo, mudavadi and kibz are never in parliament...? they just send their frontbenchers to do the dirty work.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
So true ndugu.They don't want to lose support of their footsoldiers!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
livie
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 11:35:11 AM

Quote:
No wonder we have so many obsolete Acts with archaic fines and rules and WE DON'T CARE!Sad
Quote:

well said .....
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
livie
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 11:43:37 AM

Quote:

well said
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
suwan
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 12:32:37 PM

The MPigsturn up in large numbers, but the pm, rezzo, their deputies will noit appear..they want to look good to us mwananchis as well as to their fellow Mpigs
bepari
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 1:35:31 PM

It is said that people get the gov't(leaders) they deserve.the mpigs know that we only react to headlines,come next day we have something else to groan about.when the citizenry have abdicated;no sense of civic duty,then the rogue pigs get to do what they want.what a country?
if you aint livin on the edge,you are taking too much space....
youcan'tstopusnow
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 2:55:50 PM

Toxicity wrote:

Kweli, we should be focussed on making our own wealth
simonkabz wrote:
Time 4 new KATIBA!

Katiba won't change shit
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
msotoville
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:28:17 PM

Grrrrrr! I've had it with these clowns we call leaders. Anybody for a piece of railway? smile
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
winston
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:07:45 PM

Is a new kenyan order possible? Or are we so crushed that we cant even hope?
nostoppingthis
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:34:05 PM

Your leaders are a reflection of who you are! The same MP you elected is the same one advocating for a salary increment. Without checks and balances, hata wewe ukiingia bunge, utakuwa tu kama wao