wazua Fri, Oct 18, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

63 Pages«<616263
Treasury Bills and Bonds
maka
#1241 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:44:01 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,202
Location: Nairobi
AndyC wrote:
[quote=maka]Another day ...another corporate bond goes unpaid when redemption fikaz... Consolidated bank fails to pay bond holders and requests a 3 month extension...

https://www.businessdail...05716-6609xw/index.html[/quote]


It has an annual coupon rate of 13.25% p.a and uptake was at 84%.
A good rate. Investors are unlikely to get that rate in the current market.



Whats the WHT?

Check whats the coupon for IFB 16 (IFB 1/2019/25)....
possunt quia posse videntur
AndyC
#1242 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:18:48 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 116
Guess WTH was 15%
IFB @12.65....still 7 vs 25 years. They pay better that the govt that is now to supposed to bail them.
GrVIeru
#1243 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:37:29 PM
Rank: Hello


Joined: 8/16/2019
Posts: 1
Approaching 0% very fast!
obiero
#1244 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:45:28 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,289
Location: nairobi
maka wrote:
AndyC wrote:
[quote=maka]Another day ...another corporate bond goes unpaid when redemption fikaz... Consolidated bank fails to pay bond holders and requests a 3 month extension...

https://www.businessdail...05716-6609xw/index.html[/quote]


It has an annual coupon rate of 13.25% p.a and uptake was at 84%.
A good rate. Investors are unlikely to get that rate in the current market.



Whats the WHT?

Check whats the coupon for IFB 16 (IFB 1/2019/25)....

with holding tax kaka has never moved from 15%
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
deadpoet
#1245 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 7:33:01 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/27/2006
Posts: 429
How can one buy a bond through a nominee account?
maka
#1246 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 7:02:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,202
Location: Nairobi
https://www.centralbank....dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#1247 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2019 7:51:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/26/2012
Posts: 14,885
maka wrote:
https://www.centralbank.go.ke/uploads/treasury_bonds_prospectuses/1334980349_OCTOBER%20%202019%2016%20YR%20%20IFB1-2019-16%20dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...


Coupon = Market determines means?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
.
Ericsson
#1248 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 10:58:02 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,439
Location: NAIROBI
murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
https://www.centralbank.go.ke/uploads/treasury_bonds_prospectuses/1334980349_OCTOBER%20%202019%2016%20YR%20%20IFB1-2019-16%20dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...


Coupon = Market determines means?

Auction method or best fit coupon rate
Angelica _ann
#1249 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 11:39:31 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,865
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
https://www.centralbank.go.ke/uploads/treasury_bonds_prospectuses/1334980349_OCTOBER%20%202019%2016%20YR%20%20IFB1-2019-16%20dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...


Coupon = Market determines means?

Auction method or best fit coupon rate


This will be paid after hassler has left office. Anyway rate guidance jotelo ama tuwache blanksmile ???????
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
AndyC
#1250 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 1:35:29 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/21/2015
Posts: 116
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
https://www.centralbank.go.ke/uploads/treasury_bonds_prospectuses/1334980349_OCTOBER%20%202019%2016%20YR%20%20IFB1-2019-16%20dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...


Coupon = Market determines means?

Auction method or best fit coupon rate


This will be paid after hassler has left office. Anyway rate guidance jotelo ama tuwache blanksmile ???????


Indicate 'Average' for the rate. We will get what the big Kahunas settle for.
maka
#1251 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 1:47:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 4/22/2010
Posts: 11,202
Location: Nairobi
AndyC wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
https://www.centralbank.go.ke/uploads/treasury_bonds_prospectuses/1334980349_OCTOBER%20%202019%2016%20YR%20%20IFB1-2019-16%20dated%2028.10.2019..pdf

October IFB...

If you have an account buy as much as possible...


Coupon = Market determines means?

Auction method or best fit coupon rate


This will be paid after hassler has left office. Anyway rate guidance jotelo ama tuwache blanksmile ???????


Indicate 'Average' for the rate. We will get what the big Kahunas settle for.



Yes....
possunt quia posse videntur
Chaka
#1252 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2019 8:47:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/16/2007
Posts: 2,100
I think I read somewhere that the CDS Acc used for shares was also going to be used to purchase treasury bills and bonds...How far did that go?
Users browsing this topic
Guest
63 Pages«<616263
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.