wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Putting up 2 Bedroom flats on a 1/8 acre
maureenowaters
#41 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 11:50:06 AM

I decorate my flat according to the design of this https://www.dubairent.com, and I find this design when I book an apartment from there.
MugundaMan
#42 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 7:27:38 PM

Interesting thread.
But I highly doubt these numbers are viable especially in 2019.
Wapi Pablo I want to ask him a few questions on his 15k per sqm claim.
This is totally impossible unless one is using the cheapest of the cheap finishings (simiti floor, no wood anywhere in the interior, concrete and MDF kila mahali and the cheapest of Chinese tiles). Such a house/apartment cannot sit well in the leafy burbs of DC for example where the wood floors alone will set you back a cool 400k or more for an averaged sized maisonette. Nobody will want to buy or rent it if it is built in a leafy burb. Maybe those numbers will make sense in the very low income hoods,
Unless you are building those "concrete tombs" we see a la Kayole, Umoja, Zima et al, those numbers simply do not add up.
MugundaMan
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:27:56 AM

Still waiting for answers buladdahs and sistahs
FRM2011
#44 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 10:50:13 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Interesting thread.
But I highly doubt these numbers are viable especially in 2019.
Wapi Pablo I want to ask him a few questions on his 15k per sqm claim.
This is totally impossible unless one is using the cheapest of the cheap finishings (simiti floor, no wood anywhere in the interior, concrete and MDF kila mahali and the cheapest of Chinese tiles). Such a house/apartment cannot sit well in the leafy burbs of DC for example where the wood floors alone will set you back a cool 400k or more for an averaged sized maisonette. Nobody will want to buy or rent it if it is built in a leafy burb. Maybe those numbers will make sense in the very low income hoods,
Unless you are building those "concrete tombs" we see a la Kayole, Umoja, Zima et al, those numbers simply do not add up.

Many years ago (I suspect you were still in high school), one of the most active wazuans was the in-house architect. He goes by the name A4architect.

He has a successful practice in Karen next to the shell petrol station at the junction of karen plains road.

He has done not less than 30 posts where he exhausted the issue of costing in construction projects. He has actually offered discounted consultation services to a good number of members here.

That is why most of us are silent on your question. Because we got an expert's opinion many years ago.

You have demonstrated over and over that you haven't quite grasped the wazuan spirit of educating each other through incisive debates and conversations.

Would you believe there are many wazuans who are on their 2nd and 3rd residential house project ? I know one who we started with in rongai around 2004, built a second in membly around 2013 and now working on their home in one of the poshest suburbs.

And they hardly post anything on real estate threads. They have gladly left that to you.
MugundaMan
#45 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 11:57:23 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

FRM,
Who told you anyone cares about how many houses you and others have built even in Timbuktoo Laughing out loudly

Nor your long rambling rants that are usually about nothing.

I have read all those posts, in fact A4a challenged Pablo's numbers quite convincingly. Just want to hear from serious people WHY and HOW they arrived at a 15k per sqm figure which is completely unrealistic on even a barely decent structure.