obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
KQ100 NBO-LHR to benefit...

Quote:
British Airways has cancelled all of its flights as a result of a pilots’ strike over pay. BA operates up to 850 flights a day.

Not really it's peak season flights are already full... Plus like @VVS has said capacity issues are limiting the airline. No leg room to move around the planes...

Leg room in KQ 787 is far much better than Ethiopian, Qatar and many others.

Re read that statement in it right context... smile Now the pilots are striking all gains made down the drain. Shida kila mahali.

These KQ staff root of all evil

Starts from the Top πŸ‘†πŸΎπŸ‘†πŸΎ Sad how the company has become a 'shithole' as Trump would call it... Ever sat with Scom guys and hear how they are proud of their company, the other day at JCC they installed some new gym equipment we couldn't pumua for a whole day in some whatsapp group I am in that has an employee...They are honestly proud of their company... Sit with KQ staff na ni mashida tupu a whole evening is spent on whining and complaining... Speaks volumes. Well... πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ Life has to continue until the music stops...
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#13702 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:45:30 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:
British Airways has cancelled all of its flights as a result of a pilots’ strike over pay. BA operates up to 850 flights a day.
Huge benefit to KQ while the strike lasts. Full flights and full fares. Of course, there are disadvantages eg tourism given KQ can only fly so many passengers unless KQ has an extra plane and is allowed an extra slot at LHR while the strike lasts.
Who sold off its prime LHR slot?

KQ uses the KLM slot in LHR
Not as good as the pair of the prime slots KQ sold.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#13703 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:31:29 AM

Aviation staff back probe on former KQ chiefs
https://www.businessdail...67962-yi73v2/index.html Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
the deal
#13704 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:49:29 AM

My investment in KQ now looks like a big mistake...should have pumped the funds else where...big opportunities...now I'm stuck here ...anyways you reap what you sow is what they say...Laughing out loudly
maka
#13705 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:53:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Well I will look for my post I rem I brought this up...Sebastian has 2 bodyguards...Actually 3 one is polish... Ordered for 2 new Landcruiser's circumventing the procurement procedure...Spends crazily whenever he travels the other day he maxed out his card and requested for an additonal amount closer to 1m...He behave like works for the most profitable company in East and centra Africa.
Spikes
#13706 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:54:01 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Well I will look for my post I rem I brought this up...Sebastian has 2 bodyguards...Actually 3 one is polish... Ordered for 2 new Landcruiser's circumventing the procurement procedure...Spends crazily whenever he travels the other day he maxed out his card and requested for an additonal amount closer to 1m...He behave like works for the most profitable company in East and centra Africa.

I hope @obiero is reading this nice analysis .
Applause Applause Applause
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, β€œMy Father is always working, and so am I.”
maka
#13707 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:56:05 AM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Ericsson
#13708 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:09:25 AM

maka wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

There are so many unemployed kenyans,could KQ start a RRI to train pilots to meet future needs.
KQ may not need to finance the training but enters into an agreement with a financial institution that will cater for those not able to finance themselves.
KQs job will be to guarantee employment and the salary/income will be able to repay the loan.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
maka
#13709 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:24:28 AM

Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

There are so many unemployed kenyans,could KQ start a RRI to train pilots to meet future needs.
KQ may not need to finance the training but enters into an agreement with a financial institution that will cater for those not able to finance themselves.
KQs job will be to guarantee employment and the salary/income will be able to repay the loan.

https://www.standardmedi...ot-training-partnership

Co-operative Bank has partnered with Kenya Airways to finance a pilots training programme as network growth exerts more pressure on the airline.
Under the Ab Initio programme β€” the very first stage of flight training β€” trainee pilots would receive loans from the bank to facilitate the course.
The national carrier and largest local airline has been keen on training Ab Initio pilots and has in the past funded the training.

Why this was stopped perplexes everyone...
Ericsson
#13710 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:49:19 AM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

https://www.standardmedi...ot-training-partnership

Co-operative Bank has partnered with Kenya Airways to finance a pilots training programme as network growth exerts more pressure on the airline.
Under the Ab Initio programme β€” the very first stage of flight training β€” trainee pilots would receive loans from the bank to facilitate the course.
The national carrier and largest local airline has been keen on training Ab Initio pilots and has in the past funded the training.

Why this was stopped perplexes everyone...

Financial woes by the airline.KQ was the one that used to repay the loan
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#13711 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:46:48 PM

Delayed flights cost KQ Sh5bn as pilot shortage bites
https://www.businessdail...68662-jlx46y/index.html

Why don't pilots give back to society, or as a business, start a flight school in Kenya?
Sponsor a few kids.
VituVingiSana
#13712 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 3:49:28 PM

Insolvent firms risk being delisted under proposed NSE trading rules
https://googleweblight.c...-KE&tg=726&pt=5

Some of the insolvent or financially distressed companies at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) risk being delisted if far-reaching changes to the rules are adopted.
> Anyone know of any?

The recovery board will accommodate firms struggling with negative working capital β€” where short-term assets fall short of short-term liabilities
obiero
#13713 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:21:12 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Not really it's peak season flights are already full... Plus like @VVS has said capacity issues are limiting the airline. No leg room to move around the planes...

Leg room in KQ 787 is far much better than Ethiopian, Qatar and many others.

Re read that statement in it right context... smile Now the pilots are striking all gains made down the drain. Shida kila mahali.

These KQ staff root of all evil

Starts from the Top πŸ‘†πŸΎπŸ‘†πŸΎ Sad how the company has become a 'shithole' as Trump would call it... Ever sat with Scom guys and hear how they are proud of their company, the other day at JCC they installed some new gym equipment we couldn't pumua for a whole day in some whatsapp group I am in that has an employee...They are honestly proud of their company... Sit with KQ staff na ni mashida tupu a whole evening is spent on whining and complaining... Speaks volumes. Well... πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ Life has to continue until the music stops...

Change starts from within. Top management cannot be blamed on pilots binge drinking
https://www.businessdail...268662-jlx46y/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
nairobby
#13714 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:59:15 PM

I should have never doubted @Maka about Mikosz it seems. Next CEO really has a lot of work in front of him
VituVingiSana
#13715 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:01:50 PM

nairobby wrote:
I should have never doubted @Maka about Mikosz it seems. Next CEO really has a lot of work in front of him

@maka has been consistently winning...
obiero
#13716 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:27:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:

Winning while his employer goes under via saboteurs?

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#13717 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:49:13 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
nairobby wrote:

Winning while his employer goes under via saboteurs?
Winning the information battles but some of the employees of KQ are killing the firm. Sad.
VituVingiSana
#13718 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:53:34 AM

It's easy to spend someone else's money... [as this chap wants to do]
https://www.businessdail...344-13f9s18z/index.html

Lower/Zero taxes on fuel, aircraft and spares for international flights? YES
Lower fees by JKIA/MIA? YES
More negotiating power with staff? YES
Easier access to other countries negotiated by GoK? YES

BUT

Bailout? NO
Subsidies? NO
tandich
#13719 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:33:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

BUT

With lower airport fees where will resources to develop airports come from? In a few years the airports will become perfect scapegoats

Bailout? NO
Subsidies? NO

With lower airport fees, where will resources to develop airports come from? The airports will become perfect scapegoats for underperformance in the near future
VituVingiSana
#13720 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:09:24 PM

tandich wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

BUT

With lower airport fees where will resources to develop airports come from? In a few years the airports will become perfect scapegoats

Bailout? NO
Subsidies? NO

With lower airport fees, where will resources to develop airports come from? The airports will become perfect scapegoats for underperformance in the near future
Higher airport fees does not mean more development.

Look at what's been happening at KPC
Detectives probe possible loss of Sh70 billion at Kenya Pipeline
https://www.standardmedi...illion-at-kenya-pipeline