wazua Sun, Sep 22, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

14 Pages«<121314
OIL Officially found in TURKANA
VituVingiSana
#261 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:40:01 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,292
Location: Nairobi
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:
please make me understand why we are exporting crude which we are also importing crude.why not refine and use locally?

This is like asking why a newbie small scale tea farmer doesn't build a tea processing plant on his farm so that he can drink his own tea.
Applause Applause Applause We need much larger quantities to efficiently refine the crude.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#262 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:50:51 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,187
Location: nairobi
VituVingiSana wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:
please make me understand why we are exporting crude which we are also importing crude.why not refine and use locally?

This is like asking why a newbie small scale tea farmer doesn't build a tea processing plant on his farm so that he can drink his own tea.
Applause Applause Applause We need much larger quantities to efficiently refine the crude.

Pole @newfarer but hivyo ndio sisi huongea huku
COOP 5,500; KCB 7,500; KNRE 100,000; KQ 221,100
Thitifini
#263 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 10:55:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 565
Location: Kenya
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:
please make me understand why we are exporting crude which we are also importing crude.why not refine and use locally?

This is like asking why a newbie small scale tea farmer doesn't build a tea processing plant on his farm so that he can drink his own tea.
Applause Applause Applause We need much larger quantities to efficiently refine the crude.

Pole @newfarer but hivyo ndio sisi huongea huku

And on scale of what we have discovered compared to the rest, we are below even DRC.

Exporting shouldn't be making news, unless we have some planning to milk us by withholding information....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
kenyan2019
#264 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 9:43:05 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/30/2018
Posts: 37
Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets
kayhara
#265 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:09:08 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 5/5/2011
Posts: 1,014
kenyan2019 wrote:
Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets

Just like TEAMS fibre project, Kenya will have the last laugh with the Uganda-Turkana-Lamu oil pipeline.
To Each His Own
kawi254
#266 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:41:02 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 328
Location: Nairobi
kayhara wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:
Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets

Just like TEAMS fibre project, Kenya will have the last laugh with the Uganda-Turkana-Lamu oil pipeline.


On Mombasa road i keep meeting many trucks carrying large pipes ( i presume for Uganda - Tanzania oil pipeline).

I believe Total is just putting pressure on Ugandan Goverment to OK the Tullow Total oil field deal.
tony stark
#267 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2019 11:42:06 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 7/8/2008
Posts: 848
kawi254 wrote:
kayhara wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:
Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets

Just like TEAMS fibre project, Kenya will have the last laugh with the Uganda-Turkana-Lamu oil pipeline.


On Mombasa road i keep meeting many trucks carrying large pipes ( i presume for Uganda - Tanzania oil pipeline).

I believe Total is just putting pressure on Ugandan Goverment to OK the Tullow Total oil field deal.


Playing a who will blink first game with a Government that doesn't have eyelids is a fools errand! This is not an issue that will be resolved by trying to force UGs hand. M7 has been fish to fry like his succession and this can wait.

Total should try and get the TZ government to mediate the process or be the ones who take a hit by subsidizing Total off future expected revenue.

But Kenya still gets the last laugh... Jokers!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
14 Pages«<121314
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.