wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<121314
OIL Officially found in TURKANA
VituVingiSana
#261 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:40:01 PM

hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:
please make me understand why we are exporting crude which we are also importing crude.why not refine and use locally?

This is like asking why a newbie small scale tea farmer doesn't build a tea processing plant on his farm so that he can drink his own tea.
Applause Applause Applause We need much larger quantities to efficiently refine the crude.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#262 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:50:51 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:
please make me understand why we are exporting crude which we are also importing crude.why not refine and use locally?

This is like asking why a newbie small scale tea farmer doesn't build a tea processing plant on his farm so that he can drink his own tea.
Applause Applause Applause We need much larger quantities to efficiently refine the crude.

Pole @newfarer but hivyo ndio sisi huongea huku

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Thitifini
#263 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 10:55:18 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:

Pole @newfarer but hivyo ndio sisi huongea huku

And on scale of what we have discovered compared to the rest, we are below even DRC.

Exporting shouldn't be making news, unless we have some planning to milk us by withholding information....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
kenyan2019
#264 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 9:43:05 AM

Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets
kayhara
#265 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:09:08 AM

kenyan2019 wrote:
Total has suspended its planned $3.5 billion pipeline from Uganda to Tanzania after the collapse of a deal to buy a stake in Tullow's oil fields https://www.bloomberg.co...ganda-tanzania-oil-pipe via @markets

Just like TEAMS fibre project, Kenya will have the last laugh with the Uganda-Turkana-Lamu oil pipeline.
To Each His Own
kawi254
#266 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 10:41:02 AM

kayhara wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:

Just like TEAMS fibre project, Kenya will have the last laugh with the Uganda-Turkana-Lamu oil pipeline.

On Mombasa road i keep meeting many trucks carrying large pipes ( i presume for Uganda - Tanzania oil pipeline).

I believe Total is just putting pressure on Ugandan Goverment to OK the Tullow Total oil field deal.
tony stark
#267 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2019 11:42:06 AM

kawi254 wrote:
kayhara wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:

On Mombasa road i keep meeting many trucks carrying large pipes ( i presume for Uganda - Tanzania oil pipeline).

I believe Total is just putting pressure on Ugandan Goverment to OK the Tullow Total oil field deal.

Playing a who will blink first game with a Government that doesn't have eyelids is a fools errand! This is not an issue that will be resolved by trying to force UGs hand. M7 has been fish to fry like his succession and this can wait.

Total should try and get the TZ government to mediate the process or be the ones who take a hit by subsidizing Total off future expected revenue.

But Kenya still gets the last laugh... Jokers!