wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Bamburi SELL, ARM HOLD
FUNKY
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:56:26 PM

The only mistake ARM did was opening a huge plant in Tanzania... That's when things started going wrong
VituVingiSana
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 12:57:45 PM

FUNKY wrote:
The only mistake ARM did was opening a huge plant in Tanzania... That's when things started going wrong
Leverage. Huge leverage. If the leverage had been modest then ARM could have managed to ride through the delays and tough times.

I like that Centum is selling assets to reduce their leverage. It's better to be as unleveraged as possible in a tough environment.

EABL is also looking at a modest but ongoing deleveraging through cash inflows from Kisumu.

Cash-rich firms will probably do better in this economy.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Monk
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:42:46 PM

sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
ARM'sgrowth has been phenomenon in the last 10 years or so, but is nevertheless a small company.

Bamburi must be like 5 times bigger than ARM (i dont have the exact figures). Bamburi also has a 40% stake in EAPC.

ARM has a PE of 20 and a DY of 1.16% while Bamburi PE is 11.9 and DY 5.53%.

ARM is highly geared, loans and corporate bonds. Bamburi mostly equity.

If any of those companies has the ability to weather the so called "competition from cheap imports" that company IMO is Bamburi.

Once again the analysts have shown us why we should not rely on them.

The are clearly in love with GROWTH STOCKS.

Let us avoid highly indebted firms. Next on chopping block is KQ.

Would you buy BAMB at it's current price? What would keep this counter from recovering after 2022?
littledove
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 1:51:28 PM

Monk wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
ARM'sgrowth has been phenomenon in the last 10 years or so, but is nevertheless a small company.

Bamburi must be like 5 times bigger than ARM (i dont have the exact figures). Bamburi also has a 40% stake in EAPC.

If any of those companies has the ability to weather the so called "competition from cheap imports" that company IMO is Bamburi.

Would you buy BAMB at it's current price? What would keep this counter from recovering after 2022?

i would be very cautious depending on what is happening in the market, their brand is being overshadowed by small brands like nyumba, the big contracts like sgr may be very rare going forward as the economy is struggling
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 2:27:56 PM

littledove wrote:
Monk wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

i would be very cautious depending on what is happening in the market, their brand is being overshadowed by small brands like nyumba, the big contracts like sgr may be very rare going forward as the economy is struggling
SGR's 2nd phase (to Naivasha) is almost done. Unless it is extended from Naivasha/Suswa to Malaba, it is done for the near future.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Monk
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:26:56 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Monk wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

SGR's 2nd phase (to Naivasha) is almost done. Unless it is extended from Naivasha/Suswa to Malaba, it is done for the near future.

I read somewhere that large-scale developers (eg commercial buildings, malls, large estates etc) insist on using bamburi and rhino, while individual builders (eg the DC dwellers) use the smaller brands. Has this changed?
Balaa
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:05:39 AM

www.aibcapital.com/research?page=2
reasearchandmarkets.com/reports/4775643/east-africa-cement-market-industry-trends?utm_source=GNDIY&utm_medium=P

Who's fooling who? Experience has taught me that the market can make you money regardless of whether the season is bearish or bullish. A cross section of players get in with money that they will need for meeting thier basic needs hence the jitters. Others too just cant stay still with money (it must be itchy or what?) and they imagine every trend is an opportunity and they jump in with both feet (I did this myself in my younger days). When you know better you do better.
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
cyruskulei
#28 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 2:43:49 PM

Balaa wrote:
www.aibcapital.com/research?page=2
reasearchandmarkets.com/reports/4775643/east-africa-cement-market-industry-trends?utm_source=GNDIY&utm_medium=P

Who's fooling who? Experience has taught me that the market can make you money regardless of whether the season is bearish or bullish. A cross section of players get in with money that they will need for meeting thier basic needs hence the jitters. Others too just cant stay still with money (it must be itchy or what?) and they imagine every trend is an opportunity and they jump in with both feet (I did this myself in my younger days). When you know better you do better.

It appears Bamburi is coming down to 50. The market has not been kind
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

tom_boy
#29 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 5:43:37 PM

Bamburi looking yummier by the day
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
ARAPCHARLEE
#30 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 10:19:37 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

ARM was a good company with bad management.

What is gonna happen to the share holders..

https://www.theeastafric...6538-11vklmi/index.html
Ericsson
#31 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 11:46:47 PM

ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Their investment/money is gone just like that
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 9:17:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

We moved on with lessons Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 10:38:55 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:

We moved on with lessons Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It is important to sell, if no hope for recovery is imminent

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:25:28 AM

https://af.reuters.com/a...kenyaNews/idAFL8N2D20FR

Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 5:32:38 PM

sparkly wrote:

10 years ago, you wrote such smile smile smile . Anyway in stocks, there is nothing like long term!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kmucheke
#36 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2020 10:58:12 AM

Covid-19 cuts cement usage 8.3pc in April
Quote:
Concerns, however, remain as the country’s production is still well below the installed capacity, exposing cement firms to idle capacity that has taken up billions of shillings in capital investment.

The country’s total capacity stands at above 13.2 million metric tonnes, while overall cement production hit a five-year low of 5.88 million tonnes in 2019.

Bamburi, Mombasa Cement, East African Portland Cement Company, Savannah Cement and National Cement have all been increasing their capacity, defying the decline in consumption.

Sometime in the future cement consumption will increase and probably outstrip the available supply. What remains to be seen is how many of these cement companies will survive till that time.