#121 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:53:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
faa wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
jgithige wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/4003102-5202056-view-asAMP-b3xe9z/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

This was a shambolic acquisition. Let's the mahakamas decide.

What did the Korti bandia decide on this matter? Has Paunrana and CDC found money to pay off the creditors?

https://www.businessdail...2698-33ifiez/index.html

https://t.co/vho2KM0YhV?amp=1

https://t.co/omZYw6n819?amp=1

I have a work colleague who lost 2M with this share, she had bought at Ksh 90.5 per share.

Faida investment bank had recommended this year to some investors,including me.It was a strong buy to them, they had some tinker plant in TZ ,e.t.c

I did not buy at 90 but I remember the hype back then. If things had gone according to plan:
1) Clinker plant completion on time
2) USD/TZS remaining stable
3) No drama from Magufuli regarding imported coal
And other bleeding from a 1,000 cuts.

Then ARM could have been way ahead of the competition but...

You bought at KES 93.. I remember
You are trying too hard to remain relevant. The KQ thread isn't exciting enough? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

LOL.. You make me happy

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Fyatu
#122 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 11:48:21 AM

What i need is closure and accurate reporting by CMA/journalists/administrators over this small matter.

LINK

The article states that ARM assets are worth 9.2 billion(bei ya jioni). What beats me is what Paunrana is trying to do. Does he have a plan to pay the debt after getting back ARM assets? What if JS Rai won the court case? What will happen next?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Angelica _ann
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 12:01:22 PM

Fyatu wrote:
What i need is closure and accurate reporting by CMA/journalists/administrators over this small matter.

LINK

The article states that ARM assets are worth 9.2 billion(bei ya jioni). What beats me is what Paunrana is trying to do. Does he have a plan to pay the debt after getting back ARM assets? What if JS Rai won the court case? What will happen next?

CBK & KDIC does a good job on updates, comparatively!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#124 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 12:18:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Why can't the journalist take their time and write one good and exhaustive article of whatever is happening regarding ARM sale? Though i appreciate Otiato's effort in th link above, i would have wished to read a better article giving more details of Paunrana & Rai consortium..How far the administrators are with the sale of TZ assets. Also what the creditors are saying so far. Will the 6.5 billion be enough to pay off the creditors that hired the administrators? etc
VituVingiSana
#125 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 2:13:26 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Why can't the journalist take their time and write one good and exhaustive article of whatever is happening regarding ARM sale? Though i appreciate Otiato's effort in th link above, i would have wished to read a better article giving more details of Paunrana & Rai consortium..How far the administrators are with the sale of TZ assets. Also what the creditors are saying so far. Will the 6.5 billion be enough to pay off the creditors that hired the administrators? etc
Ulinunua gazette ama ulisoma ya bure online?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 2:25:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

Ulinunua gazette ama ulisoma ya bure online?

Nime soma online
xxxxx
#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 3:47:37 PM

Fyatu wrote:

LINK

@Fyatu...you really need to move on...in the interest of sanityLaughing out loudly . Write the damn thing off. You can have a positive surprise if anything ever comes out at which point you can recognise "other incomes" but please WRITE OFF!
Fyatu
#128 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 4:22:48 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

@Fyatu...you really need to move on...in the interest of sanityLaughing out loudly . Write the damn thing off. You can have a positive surprise if anything ever comes out at which point you can recognise "other incomes" but please WRITE OFF!

I have written it off as had been earlier been advised by @vvs ....but have not moved-on completely.A verbal autopsy will not bring a loved one back to life , but it brings closure. What i am seeking is the equivalent of a verbal autopsy.
obiero
#129 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 9:17:08 AM

Fyatu wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

LINK

I have written it off as had been earlier been advised by @vvs ....but have not moved-on completely.A verbal autopsy will not bring a loved one back to life , but it brings closure. What i am seeking is the equivalent of a verbal autopsy.

Corporate Kenya is reckless in how it treats information cascade to its shareholders.. Most of the listed companies play games with people lives and livelihoods. Delayed results, fictitious promises on M&As, restatements of previously audited financials, madness generally. Glad Muthaura has left CMA because he never once stood with the minority shareholders at the NSE

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#130 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 10:09:18 AM

maka wrote:
faa wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
jgithige wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/4003102-5202056-view-asAMP-b3xe9z/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

This was a shambolic acquisition. Let's the mahakamas decide.

What did the Korti bandia decide on this matter? Has Paunrana and CDC found money to pay off the creditors?

https://www.businessdail...2698-33ifiez/index.html

https://t.co/vho2KM0YhV?amp=1

https://t.co/omZYw6n819?amp=1

I have a work colleague who lost 2M with this share, she had bought at Ksh 90.5 per share.

Faida investment bank had recommended this year to some investors,including me.It was a strong buy to them, they had some tinker plant in TZ ,e.t.c

I'd rather come here and get advise than listen to any stock brokerage /investment bank in this country.

100% true.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Bishofu
#131 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2019 9:54:50 AM

Ericsson
#132 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:22:46 PM

The curtains have come to a close;
National Cement has won the bid to buy ARM kenyan unit for ksh.5bn.

A leading Chinese company (Huaxin Cement) has bought Athi River Mining (ARM) Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd, for $116 million (about Sh11.9 billion).

With PwC getting court clearance Thursday to sell the Kenya business for Sh5 billion, this brings the total sum gained from disposal of the troubled cement maker’s assets to Sh16.9 billion.

https://www.businessdail...88792-vwwob4z/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#133 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:01:58 PM

Even though I have no interest in ARM - my shares are worthless - I hope ARM succeeds under the new owners. It gladdens my heart to see local firms succeed.
Those jobs create a cascading benefit for the communities and for Kenyans.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
xxxxx
#134 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 4:33:57 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Even though I have no interest in ARM - my shares are worthless - I hope ARM succeeds under the new owners. It gladdens my heart to see local firms succeed.

At what point do these worthless shares disappear from my CDS account?
littledove
#135 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:11:03 AM

[quote=Ericsson]The curtains have come to a close;

A leading Chinese company (Huaxin Cement) has bought Athi River Mining (ARM) Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd, for $116 million (about Sh11.9 billion).

With PwC getting court clearance Thursday to sell the Kenya business for Sh5 billion, this brings the total sum gained from disposal of the troubled cement maker’s assets to Sh16.9 billion.

https://www.businessdail...8792-vwwob4z/index.html[/quote]

The highest bid was by national standard of ksh 25.2b but the article is not clear why it was rejected.Meanwhile it is a lesson on what not to touch at nse, companies with heavy debts
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
xxxxx
#136 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:34:59 AM

littledove wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]The curtains have come to a close;

https://www.businessdail...8792-vwwob4z/index.html[/quote]

The highest bid was by national standard of ksh 25.2b but the article is not clear why it was rejected.Meanwhile it is a lesson on what not to touch at nse, companies with heavy debts

Its not just heavy debts. It is "debt" in general. That's why I wouldn't touch Centum, Serena etc For me the lesson has been more than well learnt.
Ericsson
#137 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:58:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

@Obiero
Perform the final rites for this counter then we close the thread.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#138 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:17:55 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@Obiero

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly first answer my question......when do the fake shares disappear from our CDs accounts?
VituVingiSana
#139 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:24:38 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@Obiero

I nominate @xxxxx or @Fyatu.
@Obiero will get his chance at another counter. Probably in 2020/21.
wukan
#140 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:42:35 AM

xxxxx wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@Obiero

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly first answer my question......when do the fake shares disappear from our CDs accounts?

It's a cremation ceremony with so many wazuans burnt to recognition. @xxxxx woiPray please hit the switch, the ashes will be collected later.