wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Cori "Coco" Gauf
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 4:27:30 PM

In the year 2000 and 2001 Venus Williams was the Womens Tennis champion at Wimbledon.

In the year 2004 Cori "Coco" Gauf was born. She would grow up idolising the William sisters. Venus Williams went ahead to win at Wimbledon in 2005, 2007, 2008.

In 2019 Coci "Coco" Gauf beat Venus Williams at Wimbledon.

I have never seen Venus looking so excited after losing. It was a beautiful moment.

The baton has been passed, though I think Serena is not yet ready to go.
murchr
#2 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 4:36:41 PM

Halep is about to thrash her good.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Kusadikika
#3 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 5:04:39 PM

The William sisters are among the greatest role models the world has ever had. They have been really good for the sport of tennis. They have been a wonderful inspiration for African American girls. This is true greatness.

Kusadikika
#4 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 6:59:40 PM

murchr wrote:

She lost today. She is 15 years old. She has entered the big stage with a bang and now everyone knows who she is. She has a 20+ year career ahead. It will be a wonderful one to watch.

Naomi Osaka is 21 and already worlds number 2 in rankings. Sloane Stephens is 26 and is ranked #9 just above Serena Williams.

I feel very proud of these girls.
murchr
#5 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 7:36:38 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
murchr wrote:

She lost today. She is 15 years old. She has entered the big stage with a bang and now everyone knows who she is. She has a 20+ year career ahead. It will be a wonderful one to watch.

Naomi Osaka is 21 and already worlds number 2 in rankings. Sloane Stephens is 26 and is ranked #9 just above Serena Williams.

I feel very proud of these girls.

I applaud her it was great watching her but there were glaring mistakes in her game which are ofcourse due to lack of experience.

Halep Wants her spot back (no.1) With Barty out he has a chance

Osaka was great last year, then she fired her couch and the celebrity status got into her abit since then her star has been dim. After wimbledon she might still be No.2 but Pliskova (who lost today) is a close 3rd

Sloane won the US open in 2017, and moved to No3 then relaxed. Her coach Kamau has not been able to get her to smach that ball hard yet. I havent seen her play the hard smashers (Halep and Serena)

With Tennis, once your game is mastered by the others your go down and down, you must keep reinventing. I hope Coco does
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#6 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:33:44 PM

Who is no.1?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:47:21 PM

Impunity wrote:
Who is no.1?

Should be Ashleigh Barty of Australia!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hamburglar
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 6:34:54 AM

It’s really refreshing to see a young black girl coming up in the tennis world. We need more black people in these “white” sports. Coco has a bright future, might be the Williams sisters heir apparent.
Njunge
#9 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 9:28:55 AM

Woke up at 3 to catch Gauff against Timea Babos. Oh my, that girl lit Louis Armstrong court on fire with her boom serve, court movement and drop shots. I think she made no fewer than 10 aces but I loved how she tracked each shot from Timea while the crowd kept singing her name. Meeting Osaka next. That will be quite some test. ION, Townsend had earlier sent Halep home in 2 to 1 right from across Arthur Ashe court. Some big names out already not to mention Petra Kvitova. Can't wait.
murchr
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:05:09 AM

Njunge wrote:
Woke up at 3 to catch Gauff against Timea Babos. Oh my, that girl lit Louis Armstrong court on fire with her boom serve, court movement and drop shots. I think she made no fewer than 10 aces but I loved how she tracked each shot from Timea while the crowd kept singing her name. Meeting Osaka next. That will be quite some test. ION, Townsend had earlier sent Halep home in 2 to 1 right from across Arthur Ashe court. Some big names out already not to mention Petra Kvitova. Can't wait.

Those two matches, Gauff and Townsend were thrillers. I enjoyed every minute. But unfortunately Gauff's campaign might end tomorrow. Osaka wants to retain No.1 and she's more polished, all the same it will be a great match.

murchr
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2019 3:48:21 AM

murchr wrote:
Njunge wrote:

Those two matches, Gauff and Townsend were thrillers. I enjoyed every minute. But unfortunately Gauff's campaign might end tomorrow. Osaka wants to retain No.1 and she's more polished, all the same it will be a great match.

Never seen Osaka that focused. She was the real samurai. On to the round of 16 6-3; 6-0
Njunge
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2019 3:44:29 PM

murchr wrote:
[quote=murchr][quote=Njunge]

Never seen Osaka that focused. She was the real samurai. On to the round of 16 6-3; 6-0

Handing over the young star a bagel? Osaka was overprepared. smile
murchr
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2019 6:34:25 PM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:

A well buttered bagel. I think she thrives where the crowd is against her.
Njunge
#14 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 7:21:12 PM

murchr wrote:
Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:

A well buttered bagel. I think she thrives where the crowd is against her.

Osaka vs Bencic. I am going with Bencic!