KQ share price at ksh.2.50

Dog bites man

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#13503 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:12:12 PM

Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Lows of 2.46. Share is now in unfamiliar territory. No one knows where price will settle next.
Life is short. Live passionately.
xxxxx
#13504 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:24:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Still watching this bird, currently @ 2.60ksh and looking tastier. If I buy @ Ksh 2.60 now it would be the same as someone I know buying @ 2.60/4(consolidation)= 0.65Ksh

People are being encouraged to live healthily and you're out here looking for ways to increase your blood pressure.

@HaMaina I do not recommend that you buy this stock but I will tell you for a fact that it will be back to KES 8.52 or higher! Thank me later

I have to ask... Is there anyone who actually bought KQ shares on @Obiero's recommendation?

@guru267 @snifadog @whiteowl @thedeal @impunity and many other vibrant traders who at the moment lack courage to state their position .. I make people think

Folks named above... I am curious, did you buy KQ coz of @Obiero's recommendation?
*I have been reading up on behavioral economics. This is not a question to denigrate anyone. I am curious on how people/investors are influenced.

Wacha kutusumbua! Note that I never recommended KQ to anyone, but I know who bought in due to their confessions right here.. How will the said study improve your life my brother.. Tuwache kazi ya kupaka mbwa rangi, au kuvalisha ndovu diapers.. Let nature take its course..
Behavioral Finance/Economics is fascinating. Why do smart people make dumb mistakes?
Look at my foray into ARM as an example. I am talking of the dumb mistake and not my lack of smarts. I was INFLUENCED by what a rep of CDC - who had no personal stake - said.

Anyway, the question is not directed at you @obiero but those who did buy based on your "uplifting stories" about KQ's ascent to glory.

On ARM I gave you a personal warning. Sometimes especially on African stock exchanges, its not about what you know but what you don't know. There is high asymmetry of information, thus need for the exchange bar

What is it that you don't know[asymmetrical] is 'killing' you in KQ?
Is exchange bar unable to decipher fundamental weaknesses inherent in KQ?

cease fire.
watu warudi topic of discussion on positives,negatives,latest 411s/news on KQ

Cease fire not required with someone whose portfolio is unknown.. Never bargain when drunk. I speak in code

I agree. Let the discussion continue. Behavioral Finance is an area we have barely touched on Wazua.

I feel there was a fundamental difference between the positive indicators on ARM which were quite extensively discussed here. If Dangote hadn't paid the piper behind the scenes, ARM would probably be fine today. On the contrary, the common positive attributed to KQ is government ownership even though the general consensus by everyone is that the business case is non existent or if it is, no one knows how to handle it.
obiero
#13505 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:26:45 PM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Still watching this bird, currently @ 2.60ksh and looking tastier. If I buy @ Ksh 2.60 now it would be the same as someone I know buying @ 2.60/4(consolidation)= 0.65Ksh

People are being encouraged to live healthily and you're out here looking for ways to increase your blood pressure.

@HaMaina I do not recommend that you buy this stock but I will tell you for a fact that it will be back to KES 8.52 or higher! Thank me later

I have to ask... Is there anyone who actually bought KQ shares on @Obiero's recommendation?

@guru267 @snifadog @whiteowl @thedeal @impunity and many other vibrant traders who at the moment lack courage to state their position .. I make people think

Folks named above... I am curious, did you buy KQ coz of @Obiero's recommendation?
*I have been reading up on behavioral economics. This is not a question to denigrate anyone. I am curious on how people/investors are influenced.

Wacha kutusumbua! Note that I never recommended KQ to anyone, but I know who bought in due to their confessions right here.. How will the said study improve your life my brother.. Tuwache kazi ya kupaka mbwa rangi, au kuvalisha ndovu diapers.. Let nature take its course..
Behavioral Finance/Economics is fascinating. Why do smart people make dumb mistakes?
Look at my foray into ARM as an example. I am talking of the dumb mistake and not my lack of smarts. I was INFLUENCED by what a rep of CDC - who had no personal stake - said.

Anyway, the question is not directed at you @obiero but those who did buy based on your "uplifting stories" about KQ's ascent to glory.

On ARM I gave you a personal warning. Sometimes especially on African stock exchanges, its not about what you know but what you don't know. There is high asymmetry of information, thus need for the exchange bar

What is it that you don't know[asymmetrical] is 'killing' you in KQ?
Is exchange bar unable to decipher fundamental weaknesses inherent in KQ?

cease fire.
watu warudi topic of discussion on positives,negatives,latest 411s/news on KQ

Cease fire not required with someone whose portfolio is unknown.. Never bargain when drunk. I speak in code

I agree. Let the discussion continue. Behavioral Finance is an area we have barely touched on Wazua.

I feel there was a fundamental difference between the positive indicators on ARM which were quite extensively discussed here. If Dangote hadn't paid the piper behind the scenes, ARM would probably be fine today. On the contrary, the common positive attributed to KQ is government ownership even though the general consensus by everyone is that the business case is non existent or if it is, no one knows how to handle it.

You have spoken like a real man. No further comments required

obiero
#13506 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:29:10 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Lows of 2.46. Share is now in unfamiliar territory. No one knows where price will settle next.

KES 8.52 is guaranteed. Upon announcement of the Open Offer KQ will reprice. Thank me soon

sparkly
#13507 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:12:06 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

KES 8.52 is guaranteed. Upon announcement of the Open Offer KQ will reprice. Thank me soon

BS! Open offer is a dilutive rights issues. It can't enhance the price of the share. The only news that can excite the market now is buy-in from an American airline or consolidation with other East African Community airlines.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#13508 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:18:03 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

BS! Open offer is a dilutive rights issues. It can't enhance the price of the share. The only news that can excite the market now is buy-in from an American airline or consolidation with other East African Community airlines.

BS! No airline can buy KQ as GoK isn’t selling! Common sense bro.. Meanwhile the introduction of an Open Offer will uplift the share price. This is a fact

VituVingiSana
#13509 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:35:26 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

BS! No airline can buy KQ as GoK isn’t selling! Common sense bro.. Meanwhile the introduction of an Open Offer will uplift the share price. This is a fact
I can't see any EAC airline wanting to take over KQ "as is" or even contemplate a merger. Why would a US airline want KQ? It's too far from the USA. At most they would want a code-share.
The best hope is a MEA or Asian airline. Perhaps another European airline.
BUT not with the current debts, problematic staff or shareholding. They would want a CLEAN airline. Good luck to the "minority" shareholders. The KQLC guys should accept a haircut and sell their shares to GoK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13510 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:26:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

I can't see any EAC airline wanting to take over KQ "as is" or even contemplate a merger. Why would a US airline want KQ? It's too far from the USA. At most they would want a code-share.
The best hope is a MEA or Asian airline. Perhaps another European airline.
BUT not with the current debts, problematic staff or shareholding. They would want a CLEAN airline. Good luck to the "minority" shareholders. The KQLC guys should accept a haircut and sell their shares to GoK.

The only haircut to be given will be at a barbershop. We will ride this plane to high glory. Watch and learn

obiero
#13511 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:00:52 PM

@maka the pessimist kindly confirm why the NBO-NYC flights are at 80% capacity booked through to second week of September 2019

muandiwambeu
#13512 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:48:37 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Crap! History can't be wrong this time round at nse @obiero, give only one real example where share price improved after a rights issue in the last ten years. To the contrary, I will point to all such except one. What facts do you have better than the historical market data other than kifua mbelembele
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
VituVingiSana
#13513 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:43:37 AM

Why Appeals Court cut ex-KQ staff’s hefty award
https://www.businessdail...44198-c8wqat/index.html
>>> KQ to pay Mbugua 29mn!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#13514 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:52:44 AM

Move comes at a time the carrier has lost more than 100 of its highly trained pilots and engineers to Middle East airlines
https://www.businessdail...244212-5foxp5/index.html
Spikes
#13515 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:07:12 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Crap! History can't be wrong this time round at nse @obiero, give only one real example where share price improved after a rights issue in the last ten years. To the contrary, I will point to all such except one. What facts do you have better than the historical market data other than kifua mbelembele

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#13516 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 8:52:23 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Past failure is not an exclusive predictor for future failure. Your father may have been awful in math and you turn out to be a math professor. It is possible

maka
#13517 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:26:35 AM

I think we will wake up one day to the news that the company is closed... Madeni chungu nzima. Shida tupu. Something needs to be done very fast.
possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#13518 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:37:03 AM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
And it has come to pass

Past failure is not an exclusive predictor for future failure. Your father may have been awful in math and you turn out to be a math professor. It is possible
The exception does not the rule make. I wish KQLC well.
obiero
#13519 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:40:47 AM

maka wrote:
I think we will wake up one day to the news that the company is closed... Madeni chungu nzima. Shida tupu. Something needs to be done very fast.

Hopefully that shouldn't happen, because I need you to have a job, despite what you did to the 2 Embraers. Na hapo kwa madeni, you know full well that the debt position drastically reduced after the restructuring, along with attendant finance costs. Let us be objective, as we await the much improved HY results in a few days

nairobby
#13520 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:57:37 AM

What was KQ's CAPEX for FY18?