wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tomato, protector of the prostate.
KenyanCookies
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:07:20 PM

Nutrition experts have rediscovered the tomato. They see it as much more than an ingredient in salads or sauces. The healing power that the tomato exercises on a variety of disorders, as well as its preventive effect on certain types of cancer, particularly that of the prostate, make this vegetable a universally recognized medicinal food.

Properties of Tomatoes

Fresh tomatoes contain a great deal of water(almost 94% of their weight. They contain small amounts of carbohydrates (3.545), Protein (0.85%) and fats (0.33%).Its carbohydrates are formed primarily of glucose and fructose.

However, the tomatoes nutritional and therapeutic value is in its rich vitamin and mineral content, as well as its non-nutritive substances.

In terms if vitamins, the most abundant is vitamin c. Vitamins B1, B2, B6, niacin and folates are all present in significant amounts. Most notable among its minerals are potassium, followed by iron, magnesium and phosphorus. They are also a good source of iron.

Non-nutritive components are substances present in food, which, although not considered nutrients in the traditional sense, play important roles within the body. They include:

Vegetable fiber-Tomatoes contain a small amount(1.1%) of soluble fiber in their pulp and particularly in the mucilage surrounding the seeds. The fiber contributes to the tomato’s cholesterol-reducing and laxative effects.

Organic acids, especially malic and oxalic, which contributes to the tomato’s unique flavor. As the tomato ripens, the concentration of these acids diminishes and its sugar content increases.

In spite of the acidic taste, which results from the presence of these acidic substances, the tomato has the same effect as the lemon: It has an alkalizing effect on the blood, organic tissues and the urine. This is because t contains many more alkalizing substances (mineral salts) than acids.

Lycopene: This vegetable pigment belongs to the group of carotenoids that gives tomatoes their typical red color. In contrast to beta-carotene, lycopene does not transform to vitamin A.

Together with beta-carotene, it is most abundant carotenoids in the human body.

It is found in the testicles, the prostate, and the suprarenal glands.

Lycopene is an extremely potent antioxidant, preventing the deterioration that the free radicals produce in the DNA of the cells

Lycopene intervenes in the mechanisms that control cellular growth. Without its presence, cells reproduce in a more disorderly manner.

Because of its composition, tomatoes are particularly indicated in the following cases:

 Prostate conditions: Tomato is the richest food source of Lycopene, the carotenoid that protects the cells of the prostate from oxidation and abnormal growth. Regular tomato consumption in any form has been shown to be an important factor in the prevention of prostate cancer, one of the most frequent cancers among males. It also promotes proper prostate function overall.
 Depurant:Tomatoes are remarkable blood alkalizers, which neutralize and help eliminate metabolic waste products,most of which are acidic.They are also diuretic,thus facilitating the work of the kidneys.Their regular consumption is highly recommended to “cleanse” the blood incase of gout(excess uric acid),kidney failure with an increase in blood urea,or chronic presence of toxins in the body because of a diet rich in meats and animal proteins.
 Depressed immune system: Because of their richness in vitamins and minerals and above all antioxidant carotenoids(Lycopene and beta-carotene),tomatoes naturally stimulate the immune functions of the body.
 Arteriosclerosis:Because of their antioxidant effect,tomatoes prevent the oxidation of cholesterol transported by low-density lipoproteins(LDL),whch causes the narrowing and hardening of the arteries associated with arteriosclerosis.
 Cancerous disorders:Regular tomato consumption protects against prostate cancer,cancers of the mouth,esophagus,stomach,colon and rectum.

http://wwwkenyancookies-cookies.blogspot.com/

Intelligentsia
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:11:05 PM

protects the family jewels kumbe, am ordering 1 crate immediately
Njung'e
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:14:38 PM

@Intelli,
Not just any tomato.Green onesLiar and they are better chewed.smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
KenyanCookies
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:56:01 PM

Yes intelligentsia,you should consider buying that crate.
freiks
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:44:13 PM

A good friend told me that you dont need scientist to tell what fruits/vegetables can do to your body. All you need know is that when you look at the shape of a body organ and there is a fruit that looks like it then know that the fruit helps that organ. A good example is a tomato and prostate cancer
Life is an endless adventure
Pablo
#6 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 5:16:49 PM

And what would a cucumber protect if I may ask?
nostoppingthis
#7 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 5:37:29 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Pablo wrote:

kadonye
#8 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 5:38:04 PM

Pablo wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Blackout
#9 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 5:52:49 PM

Quote:
cucumber
Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar Liar
PONDI
#10 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:00:26 PM

Frequent ejaculation has been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer....
mdudu
#11 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:01:50 PM

what fruits are good for rectal polyps. im really suffering. i understand it is a dietary style disease.
Wendz
#12 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:12:01 PM

mdudu wrote:
what fruits are good for rectal polyps. im really suffering. i understand it is a dietary style disease.

Not sure but i hope you have seen a doctor over it... they can be cancerous and it is always good to be on the safe side.
nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:21:08 PM

mdudu wrote:

DAMN!! i just read on this..the polyps can be cancerous and frequent in above 60s. However, it is indicated that the daktari can remove them mapema....Pray Pray Pray
extrablessed
#14 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 6:47:41 PM

I love that!!! The-shape-of-the-fruit...thats new knowledge easily harvested from wazua.

Now what fruits have the shape of:
EYES?
HAIR?
KIDNEYS?
HEART?
STOMACH?
LIVER?
LUNGS?
Curing allergies??
etc???
Intelligentsia
#15 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 7:11:27 PM

PONDI wrote:
Frequent ejaculation has been shown to lower the risk of prostate cancer....

during the break as you recharge your batteries, dont smoke, kula nyanya smile

By why then are the highest incidences of prostrate cancer in Blacks/ Black Americans who are usu. highly sexually active? d'oh!
real cindano
#16 Posted : Monday, August 02, 2010 8:17:56 PM

freiks wrote:
A good friend told me that you dont need scientist to tell what fruits/vegetables can do to your body. All you need know is that when you look at the shape of a body organ and there is a fruit that looks like it then know that the fruit helps that organ. A good example is a tomato and prostate cancer

Have you ever seen a prostrate ........
It does not look anything like a tomato ...........
So what you take for the pancreas? liver? stomach?? ......
Kwani ulisomea Phd ya ujinga?? ............
Tell you good friend to take up reading ..........
Metaur
#17 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 8:49:45 PM

Tomatoes are very healthy vegetables. Lycopene increases the level of beneficial microflora, makes it more diverse. This, in turn, prevents the overgrowth of certain bacteria that cause inflammation. In addition, the risk of developing fatty liver disease and cancer was reduced.
Bigchick
#18 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 11:51:08 PM

extrablessed wrote:
I love that!!! The-shape-of-the-fruit...thats new knowledge easily harvested from wazua.

Now what fruits have the shape of:
EYES? Carrots
HAIR?
KIDNEYS? Beans
HEART?Apple or Tomato
STOMACH? Ginger
LIVER?
LUNGS? Grapes
Curing allergies??
etc???

Researching on the others.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
mpobiz
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:42:45 AM

The only prevention of this type of cancer that is known and recomended is msede kila siku. Wewe endelea kula nyanya kaa fala. You are only curing other things and adding more vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to other parts of the body.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...