wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<1516171819>»
Why dustbowl is the future
MugundaMan
#321 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 5:29:34 PM

wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Wukan, you are missing the premise behind this entire thread. This is not a peeing contest between counties, it is simply stating very basic econmic logic. Not everyone is a member of the lucky sperm club who in your own admission is "working hard" renovating daddy's old money properties on River Road and helping him as he builds bedsitters in Nairobi West. Did you forget that 90 percent of Kenyans earn 50k a month or less? Where do you expect them to go when they want to own their own homes? To go sleep on those beautiful Luthuli ave pedestrian walkways and benches at night Laughing out loudly? You CANNOT stop the move to DC and the burbs even if you wanted to, my braddah. The funny thing is we have posted report after report of the DC boom hapa yet you still argue against it as if MM is making this stuff up!
Even more comically,the best some of you can come up with is ati Lavington has nice fountains and Riverside has 5 new hotels. As if wakina Mulmulwas MM do not partake of those same same amenities while in our hometown where we were born and raised Laughing out loudly acheni jokes!

Actually it is a peeing contest-counties that are livable in terms of price, amenities and jobs will attract more residents.

Isn't that the point that burbs will continue to attract people starting out on the property ladder not necessarily the urban moneyed middle class who are interested in enhancing their standard of living. It's a gold rush(new frontier mindset) and that's why there is a boom in DC properties. The DC boom will plateau in time and it won't catch up with Nairobi core. As Nairobi core becomes more sophisticated with a younger more educated generation it will displace those priced out to the burbs. That's when you'll see property prices stagnate.

"Poor people who’ve moved to the suburbs tend to be farther away from their jobs, and in many areas where public transportation is poor; there are few ways to make the connections needed to get there."

“People who might once have been able to get a job locally are now either travelling for a very long time at a high cost or, when they do the calculation on transport cost and [commute] time, they’re [ending up] not working”

Was that so hard to admit? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Asante! You have summed up my whole thread to a tee with that one sentence. Sina la kuongeza hapo dugu yangu.
hardwood
#322 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 6:25:22 PM

Let the Dust Bowlers be. Everyone cant fit in nairobi.

MugundaMan
#323 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 8:09:30 AM

Roughing it out in the wilds of Dust Bowl!Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Good morning and enjoy your day, people.
@hardwood, let sleeping dogs lie, my braddah. DC is the future and they know it that is why they are spending endless hours and keystrokes hapa on this thread trying to convince themselves otherwise Laughing out loudly Most of them do not even own a cabbage let alone a kioski in the same Nairobi they are bragging about.
wukan
#324 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 10:36:00 AM

hardwood wrote:
Let the Dust Bowlers be. Everyone cant fit in nairobi.

Now what is this? Terrible!!! The Architect who designed these houses should be caned. They should have faced inwards towards a central courtyard. That way you get the community to interact. Aki dust bowlersd'oh! d'oh! d'oh! hii ndio future lavington? Ngai...

Quote:
How does architecture affect our emotions and what kind of design interventions can be made to help us survive the chaos of daily life?

Aesthetics have been stretched to encapsulate so many uses that we now live in a homogenised environment and find it hard to distinguish one building’s use from its neighbour’s.

In fact, we barely see most of the architecture that surrounds us, as it becomes a kind of background hum, to be noticed only when it is exceptionally big, exceptionally ugly, or exceptionally beautiful.

Architecture, I think, should still strive to move us, to make us feel a particular way. Like a piece of music, architecture has the ability to influence mood, yet so much of the foreground to our streets lacks emotional sensibility.
http://theconversation.c...n-affect-emotions-22950
MugundaMan
#325 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:24:46 PM

wukan wrote:

Now what is this? Terrible!!! The Architect who designed these houses should be caned. They should have faced inwards towards a central courtyard. That way you get the community to interact. Aki dust bowlersd'oh! d'oh! d'oh! hii ndio future lavington? Ngai...

Quote:
How does architecture affect our emotions and what kind of design interventions can be made to help us survive the chaos of daily life?

Aesthetics have been stretched to encapsulate so many uses that we now live in a homogenised environment and find it hard to distinguish one building’s use from its neighbour’s.

In fact, we barely see most of the architecture that surrounds us, as it becomes a kind of background hum, to be noticed only when it is exceptionally big, exceptionally ugly, or exceptionally beautiful.

Architecture, I think, should still strive to move us, to make us feel a particular way. Like a piece of music, architecture has the ability to influence mood, yet so much of the foreground to our streets lacks emotional sensibility.
http://theconversation.c...n-affect-emotions-22950

Wukan, and what should be done to the Kenyan picasso who designed these world aweing masterpieces on your river road urban renewal paradise?Laughing out loudly
wukan
#326 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:53:54 PM

River road was the old indian quarter. That's why we are tearing down the old buildings. New ones with glass facades are coming up.

Quote:
While traversing the expansive River Road, the writer counted five towering new buildings under construction.
Moses Gicheru, one of the developers in the area, says that rising demand for commercial space in River Road has seen an increment in goodwill charged on business spaces, with most of the available spaces now demanding at least Sh2 million as goodwill.
“With guaranteed markets for their products and services, most businesspeople seeking such spaces are willing to part with such amounts,” he says.
One development that is currently decorating River Roads’ skyline is the four-storey Crossroad Business Centre, a modern structure located off Cross Road.
The contemporary buildings sprouting up in this part of Nairobi’s downtown offer an array of space options ranging from business stalls (which can be used as shops and offices), restaurants, furnished accommodation facilities to open office spaces.
https://www.standardmedi...of-nairobi-s-river-road

Quote:
Located on the eastern side of the Central Business District (CBD), River Road holds gems of Eastern architectural designs.

The underlying identity of buildings in this part of the city was an artsy display of Indian-style balconies and intricately curved door and window designs. Most of the buildings serve both as commercial and residential houses.

However, this might soon be a thing of the past as the developers buy, demolish these old buildings to construct more commercially viable structures.
MugundaMan
#327 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:00:35 PM

Speaking of peeing contests did you know DC was ranked the richest county and needs the least amount of resources to pull people out of poverty?

https://www.nation.co.ke...0892-q2ypfwz/index.html

Now that's what you call a future!

Meanwhile how many millenia will it take for Nbi to sort its 60 percent slum problem? I hope you wont respond and say it will be done by Wukan building glass facade skyscrapers in Kwa Reuben.
FRM2011
#328 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 10:55:04 PM

@mugundaman, I was in Kitengela today and noted Artcafe has taken the prime location in the new kitengela mall. Now we have a nice place to meet clients. The Portland sports club has been deteriorating.

I would have preferred java or cafe deli but artcafe it is. I hope it will teach them how to handle local clients because there are no wazungu in kitengela.
MugundaMan
#329 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:03:58 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

@mugundaman, I was in Kitengela today and noted Artcafe has taken the prime location in the new kitengela mall. Now we have a nice place to meet clients. The Portland sports club has been deteriorating.

I would have preferred java or cafe deli but artcafe it is. I hope it will teach them how to handle local clients because there are no wazungu in kitengela.

Woo hoo! I had been seeing lots of construction there wondering who it was . Was also hoping for Java, but hata Artcaffe siezi kataa! An artcaffee in dustbowl? Jameni if that isnt a sign DC has arrived i dont know what is. But its a no brainer really. 1/3 of midfle class Nairobians may have moved to DC. Whenever im in Naivas Kitengela Mall all I see is moneyed middle classers galore with shopping carts full to the brim. Very happy about this move. More please for us in DC. By a year or two from now MM will not even need to leave DC anymore because all the amenities he needs are right here! On wazungu, they are there bro. Backpacker types and TZ travellers.
NewMoney
#330 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:37:10 PM

Hope this is on topic,

is 1/8th acre in Kitengela on the 4th row (~300 feet from the service lane along the main road) reasonable at Kes11M,

how about 1/4 acre 4KMs from Kitengela town (Koromboi) going for Kes 3M?

Looking to buy a plot where I can set up residential + commercial units sometime in the future...

Was at kitengela this weekend and was blown away by how much it has improved, traffic is flowing after they closed most of the service lane connections to the main road and the new mall dubbed Kitengela Mall is not stuff for DC, not to mention the growing number of overpriced gated communities along kitengela-kajiodo road. Kitengela is looking so much better than Athi river and mlolongo yet they are closer to the CBD, let me give it some credit today
MugundaMan
#331 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:59:35 PM

NewMoney wrote:
Hope this is on topic,

is 1/8th acre in Kitengela on the 4th row (~300 feet from the service lane along the main road) reasonable at Kes11M,

Looking to buy a plot where I can set up residential + commercial units sometime in the future...

Was at kitengela this weekend and was blown away by how much it has improved, traffic is flowing after they closed most of the service lane connections to the main road and the new mall dubbed Kitengela Mall is not stuff for DC, not to mention the growing number of overpriced gated communities along kitengela-kajiodo road. Kitengela is looking so much better than Athi river and mlolongo yet they are closer to the CBD, let me give it some credit today

Applause Applause Applause Applause for the report
Glad to see objective opinions that prove Mugundaman is not just making things up.
11 metre is a steal my braddah if you are talking Kitengela CBD.
1/4 for 3 metre in Korrompoi sounds very high in the short term unless you are talking a completely serviced plot in a very controlled gated community that you mention above.
Speaking of gated communities, this was one of the biggest draws for me to DC. That the stretch after New Valley to Muigai Prestige on the left hand side is all controlled, meaning very well planned hence the "overpriced" tag. You are talking the future Rundas and Lavingtons of Kitengela along that stretch especially given the quality of homes coming there. No unsightly flats, no ovyo ovyo buildings, controlled access points with security, and trees are coming up very fast as more people buy and build or move in. I have already seen crazy changes in the 9 years I have been in an investor in the area. I shudder to think what Kitengela will look like in 10 years. When you see Artcaffee, Davis and Shirtliff and other blue chip corporates moving in then you know things are thick and can only go up my braddah. These guys do not just move into places ovyo ovyo bila very long term strategic research on where the moneyed middle class is going so they can cater to it. Hata Naivas had to upgrade its game and move into Kitengela mall from the old Naivas building when it saw kina Eastmatt with their sparkling three level store was drawing kina MM away because the old Naivas was quite dingy for the emerging middle classes of Kitengela's tastes. Kitengela reached a watershed around 2015 in terms of being Kenya's fastest growing town and a middle class hub and it is never turning back.

MugundaMan
#332 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:04:32 PM

Ngong station is a beaut! Photo credit Kenya Railways on social media.

2A is almost with us, and it will be yet another long term game changer that will transform the corridor from Athi River (kitengela) to Ngong and beyond forever. Those who have eyes let them see. As I always say, invest in DC before you are completely priced out and have to gnash teeth forever!! smile
NewMoney
#333 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:09:14 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
Hope this is on topic,

Applause Applause Applause Applause for the report
Glad to see objective opinions that prove Mugundaman is not just making things up.
11 metre is a steal my braddah if you are talking Kitengela CBD.
1/4 for 3 metre in Korrompoi sounds very high in the short term unless you are talking a completely serviced plot in a very controlled gated community that you mention above.
Speaking of gated communities, this was one of the biggest draws for me to DC. That the stretch after New Valley to Muigai Prestige on the left hand side is all controlled, meaning very well planned hence the "overpriced" tag. You are talking the future Rundas and Lavingtons of Kitengela along that stretch especially given the quality of homes coming there. No unsightly flats, no ovyo ovyo buildings, controlled access points with security, and trees are coming up very fast as more people buy and build or move in. I have already seen crazy changes in the 9 years I have been in an investor in the area. I shudder to think what Kitengela will look like in 10 years. When you see Artcaffee, Davis and Shirtliff and other blue chip corporates moving in then you know things are thick and can only go up my braddah. These guys do not just move into places ovyo ovyo bila very long term strategic research on where the moneyed middle class is going so they can cater to it. Hata Naivas had to upgrade its game and move into Kitengela mall from the old Naivas building when it saw kina Eastmatt with their sparkling three level store was drawing kina MM away because the old Naivas was quite dingy for the emerging middle classes of Kitengela's tastes. Kitengela reached a watershed around 2015 in terms of being Kenya's fastest growing town and a middle class hub and it is never turning back.

Cool, thanks for the insights... will be monitoring Kite very closely
tinker
#334 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:36:19 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

2A is almost with us, and it will be yet another long term game changer that will transform the corridor from Athi River (kitengela) to Ngong and beyond forever. Those who have eyes let them see. As I always say, invest in DC before you are completely priced out and have to gnash teeth forever!! smile

Ongata Rongai SGR Station

SGR crossing Nairobi National Park.

....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Gathige
#335 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:30:19 PM

tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

By default, the section between Rongai Station and Ngong Station has created a very nice road connection the section. Been wondering if SGR will block the road after completing the construction or will leave it open for the residents to use?
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
ImMortality
#336 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:34:50 PM

You do sell plots so basically what you call a good idea is just self interest ama?

We are all in agreement that real estate as an investment is all good, but buying because others are doing it is not an investment plan. Am happy for you and what you have achieved for yourself, just don't make it personal that others would like the same thing.

Show us the plots, let us decide kama ni investment ama not?
MugundaMan
#337 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 7:01:23 PM

ImMortality[b wrote:
]You do sell plots so basically what you call a good idea is just self interest ama?

We are all in agreement that real estate as an investment is all good, but buying because others are doing it is not an investment plan. Am happy for you and what you have achieved for yourself, just don't make it personal that others would like the same thing.

Show us the plots, let us decide kama ni investment ama not?

How on earth did you get to that conclusion, my braddah?
MugundaMan
#338 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:06:19 AM

Got a cool 1.25 Billi to spare?
Well if you do, you can get this beautiful spread in DC.
500 acres, 3km from Namanga Rd near Kajiado town. Airstrip and air hangar. 30m in hay harvested yearly.
500 acres is too much land for my tastes jameni. On 500ac you can fence, crown your self KING and appoint your own cabinet to Lord over your mini country.

source: https://www.myspace.co.k...BZJ6HqJ3bYai-ejuOqezGXP0
MugundaMan
#339 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:08:29 AM

tinker wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Very nice! Thanks
Tokyo
#340 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:29:15 AM

Dust bowl and Kitengela in particular has a high potential. Some years back 2,3 row from main Namanga road near old bus station shs 300-400K. The governor should concentrate on access roads.
work to prosper