wazua Wed, Aug 21, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Unclaimed Financial Assets
murchr
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:28:25 PM

I recently discovered that some monies were taken to UFAA who has had any success in getting their money from them? Any experiences?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 11:52:31 AM

I just searched and found that I have some unclaimed assets submitted by Barclays Bank, I remember I had a student account when in college, I think the minimum balance was 500 which could not be withdrawn, I will try reclaiming it an see how the process is.
To Each His Own
FRM2011
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 12:58:51 PM

kayhara wrote:
I just searched and found that I have some unclaimed assets submitted by Barclays Bank, I remember I had a student account when in college, I think the minimum balance was 500 which could not be withdrawn, I will try reclaiming it an see how the process is.

I submitted my paperwork two months ago. Dividends worth around 30K. They told me it takes 90 days.
Also discovered a dormant account with equity with 650/=. I didn't have the energy to follow up on that.

Will update on the dividends if they go through.
winmak
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 3:44:11 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I submitted my paperwork two months ago. Dividends worth around 30K. They told me it takes 90 days.
Also discovered a dormant account with equity with 650/=. I didn't have the energy to follow up on that.

I gave up when I realized the small figure will be 'eaten' by the lawyer for certification of the required documents
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
heri
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 8:50:27 PM

winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I gave up when I realized the small figure will be 'eaten' by the lawyer for certification of the required documents

Is there a way to tell how much is being held by UFA before starting on the paperwork?
Angelica _ann
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:28:43 PM

heri wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Is there a way to tell how much is being held by UFA before starting on the paperwork?

Check on their website!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
heri
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 8:11:54 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
heri wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Check on their website!!!

On their website when i search my name i see it more than 10 times under various items like everyready , KQ etc but i think these are minimal amounts of dividends some of which were under joint accounts

I was wondering if i can see the amounts before i start the paperwork to avoid wasting my time
MrAvedi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:41:28 AM

@ heri, you can visit their offices at Pacis center, Westlands and they will share with you the amounts
heri
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:58:58 PM

MrAvedi wrote:
@ heri, you can visit their offices at Pacis center, Westlands and they will share with you the amounts

Thanks . I will do so