wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Unclaimed Financial Assets
murchr
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:28:25 PM

I recently discovered that some monies were taken to UFAA who has had any success in getting their money from them? Any experiences?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 11:52:31 AM

I just searched and found that I have some unclaimed assets submitted by Barclays Bank, I remember I had a student account when in college, I think the minimum balance was 500 which could not be withdrawn, I will try reclaiming it an see how the process is.
To Each His Own
FRM2011
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 12:58:51 PM

kayhara wrote:
I just searched and found that I have some unclaimed assets submitted by Barclays Bank, I remember I had a student account when in college, I think the minimum balance was 500 which could not be withdrawn, I will try reclaiming it an see how the process is.

I submitted my paperwork two months ago. Dividends worth around 30K. They told me it takes 90 days.
Also discovered a dormant account with equity with 650/=. I didn't have the energy to follow up on that.

Will update on the dividends if they go through.
winmak
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 3:44:11 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I submitted my paperwork two months ago. Dividends worth around 30K. They told me it takes 90 days.
Also discovered a dormant account with equity with 650/=. I didn't have the energy to follow up on that.

I gave up when I realized the small figure will be 'eaten' by the lawyer for certification of the required documents
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
heri
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 8:50:27 PM

winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

I gave up when I realized the small figure will be 'eaten' by the lawyer for certification of the required documents

Is there a way to tell how much is being held by UFA before starting on the paperwork?
Angelica _ann
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 9:28:43 PM

heri wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Is there a way to tell how much is being held by UFA before starting on the paperwork?

Check on their website!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
heri
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 8:11:54 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
heri wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Check on their website!!!

On their website when i search my name i see it more than 10 times under various items like everyready , KQ etc but i think these are minimal amounts of dividends some of which were under joint accounts

I was wondering if i can see the amounts before i start the paperwork to avoid wasting my time
MrAvedi
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:41:28 AM

@ heri, you can visit their offices at Pacis center, Westlands and they will share with you the amounts
heri
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:58:58 PM

MrAvedi wrote:
@ heri, you can visit their offices at Pacis center, Westlands and they will share with you the amounts

Thanks . I will do so
Fyatu
#10 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:08:28 AM

winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

Last week my journey to claim my measly dividends started at a registrar located in Bruce house 6th floor whose one of the directors is Tom Mshindi. The registrar staff were childish and petty with the tellers frequently fighting with the receptionists about giving clients tickets and who should serve whom.At some point the teller refused to serve an old guka since the receptionist had not issued a ticket.The receptionist had argued that since the teller had previously served the old man and asked him to step aside to get his paperwork correct, there was no need to issue guka with a new ticket since it was just a matter of guka stepping back on queue. But alas, time was wasted and guka got embarrassed.

I felt pity for old shoshos/dannys and gukas who were rudely being tossed up and down from reception to teller and back like a ball of ping pong.

My turn came and the teller asked me to rush to my broker and get the requisite documents which i did. I went back and found the shoshos with their share certificates still on the queue. One of them expressed her frustrations with the process. She told me she was from Limuru and has been sent back and forth from office to office and across the city of Nairobi in an effort to recover her ksh. 740 dividends from Citi bank circa 1998. She was determined and she said something in okuyo that loosely translates to ...."I worked hard for my money under the scotching sun, now i am being told to recover it under the scotching sun and yet it is them(sic) who misplaced my cheque in the first place" I admired her patience, fortitude and determination.

After certifying that my documents were in order, the rude busy bodies at Bruce house wrote me a letter to take to Westlands office of UFAA. Since the shosho from Limuru had mentioned something like a lawyers stamp, i asked the teller at the registrar at Bruce house to clarify if there was anything that was required from me at UFAA westlands. He told me nothing was required and that it was just a matter of walking into UFAA and boom i will be M-pesad my dues.He handed me a letter and assured me that is all that was required.

To my shock, when i boisterously walked into UFAA offices, i was promptly informed by the motivated young man at the counter that i had to produce my National ID, my KRA Pin certificate, my latest bank statement, and a duly filed Form 4A all certified by commissioner of oaths and/or magistrate/lawyer.

For starters, i did not have my KRA pin with me(who travels with his/hers anyway?). Secondly, quick mental math told me the lawyers charges/stamp cost would surpass the money i was claiming. In short, just like KQ and Home Africa, my efforts would land me into negative equity.My day got wasted just like that.

Being the pragmatic guy, i gave up and told UFAA/GoK wakunywe chai na mandazi with my unclaimed assets while promising myself to "revisit" with the registrar at Bruce house for not putting this crucial information(Documents required) on their website just like the way immigration department tells you in their website that you are not going to succeed applying for a new passport without your aging mother's copy of ID etc so that you jipanga mapema before embarking on a 1500 kilometers journey from rural Marsabit to Nairobi.

Poleni senior citizens from far flung areas of Western Kenya, rural Makueni/Kitui/Nyeri/Meru etc not forgeting shoshos and gukas from Limuru. This our Kenya is not a joke. Serikali does not care and neither are those registrars/NSE/CMA or whoever it may concern...you are on your own.

For wazuans planning to claim their assets, just know that your registrar will send you to your broker first to collect certified statements, and when you come back they will send you to UFAA and finally, UFAA will not look at you twice if you dont have certified copies of the documents stated above.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:25:37 AM

Fyatu wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

Last week my journey to claim my measly dividends started at a registrar located in Bruce house 6th floor whose one of the directors is Tom Mshindi. The registrar staff were childish and petty with the tellers frequently fighting with the receptionists about giving clients tickets and who should serve whom.At some point the teller refused to serve an old guka since the receptionist had not issued a ticket.The receptionist had argued that since the teller had previously served the old man and asked him to step aside to get his paperwork correct, there was no need to issue guka with a new ticket since it was just a matter of guka stepping back on queue. But alas, time was wasted and guka got embarrassed.

I felt pity for old shoshos/dannys and gukas who were rudely being tossed up and down from reception to teller and back like a ball of ping pong.

My turn came and the teller asked me to rush to my broker and get the requisite documents which i did. I went back and found the shoshos with their share certificates still on the queue. One of them expressed her frustrations with the process. She told me she was from Limuru and has been sent back and forth from office to office and across the city of Nairobi in an effort to recover her ksh. 740 dividends from Citi bank circa 1998. She was determined and she said something in okuyo that loosely translates to ...."I worked hard for my money under the scotching sun, now i am being told to recover it under the scotching sun and yet it is them(sic) who misplaced my cheque in the first place" I admired her patience, fortitude and determination.

After certifying that my documents were in order, the rude busy bodies at Bruce house wrote me a letter to take to Westlands office of UFAA. Since the shosho from Limuru had mentioned something like a lawyers stamp, i asked the teller at the registrar at Bruce house to clarify if there was anything that was required from me at UFAA westlands. He told me nothing was required and that it was just a matter of walking into UFAA and boom i will be M-pesad my dues.He handed me a letter and assured me that is all that was required.

To my shock, when i boisterously walked into UFAA offices, i was promptly informed by the motivated young man at the counter that i had to produce my National ID, my KRA Pin certificate, my latest bank statement, and a duly filed Form 4A all certified by commissioner of oaths and/or magistrate/lawyer.

For starters, i did not have my KRA pin with me(who travels with his/hers anyway?). Secondly, quick mental math told me the lawyers charges/stamp cost would surpass the money i was claiming. In short, just like KQ and Home Africa, my efforts would land me into negative equity.My day got wasted just like that.

Being the pragmatic guy, i gave up and told UFAA/GoK wakunywe chai na mandazi with my unclaimed assets while promising myself to "revisit" with the registrar at Bruce house for not putting this crucial information(Documents required) on their website just like the way immigration department tells you in their website that you are not going to succeed applying for a new passport without your aging mother's copy of ID etc so that you jipanga mapema before embarking on a 1500 kilometers journey from rural Marsabit to Nairobi.

Poleni senior citizens from far flung areas of Western Kenya, rural Makueni/Kitui/Nyeri/Meru etc not forgeting shoshos and gukas from Limuru. This our Kenya is not a joke. Serikali does not care and neither are those registrars/NSE/CMA or whoever it may concern...you are on your own.

For wazuans planning to claim their assets, just know that your registrar will send you to your broker first to collect certified statements, and when you come back they will send you to UFAA and finally, UFAA will not look at you twice if you dont have certified copies of the documents stated above.

In your able year ensure your dividend money doesn't reach UFAA
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#12 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:38:31 AM

Fyatu wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

1,500KM utafika Addis Ababa bro.. Ama its just anger that made you loose track of distances. Pole lakini on your encounter

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
NewMoney
#13 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:56:11 AM

Fyatu wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

I don't have a problems with those controls and processes except for the bickering registrar people. When such a large amount of unclaimed finances are at stake, I can imagine how easy for insiders it would be to just pocket it using fake papers. If the money is little, it's definitely not worth it trying to reclaim it
Fyatu
#14 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:56:25 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

1,500KM utafika Addis Ababa bro.. Ama its just anger that made you loose track of distances. Pole lakini on your encounter

Ma- Vector(as in ile vector ya maths) ndio mingi brother kabla ufike Marsabit town. One does like 10 loops from Moyale to get to marsabit depending on Weather or Security
JoeNgugi
#15 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 11:56:49 AM

How much do lawyers charge for document certification, is it per page?
Fyatu
#16 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 12:07:54 PM

NewMoney wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
winmak wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
kayhara wrote:

KIZUNGU MINGI ALERT!!!

I don't have a problems with those controls and processes except for the bickering registrar people. When such a large amount of unclaimed finances are at stake, I can imagine how easy for insiders it would be to just pocket it using fake papers. If the money is little, it's definitely not worth it trying to reclaim it

Fair enough...me neither. My pain is that i was not furnished with information of what documents are required before embarking on a long journey. I was actually not traveling ostensibly to make a claim. it was one of those kill two birds with one stone situation where i thought to myself that since i am traveling to Nairobi(rarely do i travel to Nairobi) i must as well include UFAA errands in my itinerary.
Fyatu
#17 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 12:09:46 PM

JoeNgugi wrote:

The lawyer i was "referred" to wanted 200 bob per page. It can go as high as 500 bob or even higher depending on whom you seek services from. In any case of discrepancy in names(common with cheques) etc, a sworn affidavit will set you back a minimum of 1k
obiero
#18 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 1:09:30 PM

Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

The lawyer i was "referred" to wanted 200 bob per page. It can go as high as 500 bob or even higher depending on whom you seek services from. In any case of discrepancy in names(common with cheques) etc, a sworn affidavit will set you back a minimum of 1k

If you have a lawyer friend. It can be done for free

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
PeterReborn
#19 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 1:30:38 PM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

There is an advocate on Hughes building 3rd floor that charges 50 bob per stamp
Consistency is better than intensity
wukan
#20 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2019 1:54:37 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
JoeNgugi wrote:

There is an advocate on Hughes building 3rd floor that charges 50 bob per stamp

what a cheap lawyer. I wouldn't trust him/her with my work.