wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

COOP Bank Diaspora Account
kiterunner
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 12:19:50 PM

Hello Wazuans

The cooperative bank is currently conducting a tour in the UK to market their Jamhuri account. It seems attractive because you get an option to hold a pound (or dollar/euro) besides the KES account. You get online banking as well.

After all the drama I have suffered in Simba (I have to scan a letter then follow up with at least 3 calls for an RTGS) and Memba (I have to send a hard copy form to them for an RTGS) banks, and my reluctance to bank with the Western MNCs at home I am tempted to jump into co-op.

Would you please share your experiences with co-oop especially on execution of instructions sent by mail (or their online banking platform)

Many thanks
our goals are best achieved indirectly
JkMwatha
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 6:43:39 PM

kiterunner wrote:
Hello Wazuans

The cooperative bank is currently conducting a tour in the UK to market their Jamhuri account. It seems attractive because you get an option to hold a pound (or dollar/euro) besides the KES account. You get online banking as well.

After all the drama I have suffered in Simba (I have to scan a letter then follow up with at least 3 calls for an RTGS) and Memba (I have to send a hard copy form to them for an RTGS) banks, and my reluctance to bank with the Western MNCs at home I am tempted to jump into co-op.

Would you please share your experiences with co-oop especially on execution of instructions sent by mail (or their online banking platform)

Many thanks

Anyone with more info?
Mainat
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:07:59 PM

They respond quickly. However, do note that you will need to nego on the fx rate otherwise you get a bad rate
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Jitahidi
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:57:01 PM

kiterunner wrote:
Hello Wazuans

Many thanks

I understand their cocktail dinner at Crowne plaza, Hearthrow last thursday was a big success. I would like to get Mburu's contact, based in the UK who was one of the event organizers. Anyone with his contact?
kiterunner
#5 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 1:37:17 AM

I first saw their advert on a kenyans in uk forum "MISTERSEED.COM' if you trawl through it you ll find the advert with their contacts. I dont know if they have a contact person all year round, i understood the tour was a one time thing
our goals are best achieved indirectly
luttz
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:54:41 PM

Why not try NIC Bank? Been using them for 8 yrs now and transactions are easy with their on-line banking. EFT takes 2-3 days and gives you an option of Kshs, Pound, or USD
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
Goliath
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 6:49:27 PM

i agree with @luttz. I use NIC and they are good! you can get USD and KES account.. negotiate rates, mpesa, request for someone to collect cash( if u have signed email idemnity) reset password for online banking without stress and their staff are friendly..at least the westlands branch guys. No offense to Coop bank
Tokyo
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:13:17 AM

Co-op bank Jamhuri account a well thought out system to serve Diaspora
work to prosper
madollar
#9 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 2:59:56 AM

Online money transfers like world remit and wave have totally disrupted this industry