wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Reselling Internet
Zenge
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:53:56 PM

I am interested in starting the business of selling home internet in the estates in Nairobi.
Anyone with an idea on how it works, the initial layout in terms of infrastructure and other regulations?
tinker
#2 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 6:16:27 PM

@ Zenge

This is a business that is gaining track and has good returns if you set-up your infrastructure right.
Make sure your neighbourhood or area of operation is well considered,.
You must have a reliable power supply, A good power backup system will suffice.
Have main fiber link as your source.
Be good in technical support and marketing.

As per regulation, you may need license from CAK, but again,who go for this CAK license? just make sure they do not get you!!

On the other side, there are real threats including upcoming Facebook Internet "Express WiFi".
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
nakujua
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:35:07 PM

I guess the initial and most important will be access to a fiber connection. Then assuming you are going wireless some good 'height' where you will mount that tower thing.

was talking to the guy who sells me internet, a re-seller and he gets from safaricom and jtl, was looking at getting into the upcoming 'suburbs' around Nairobi and he advised me the problem would be getting a nice cluster of homes and decent height to transmit the same.

Also looked at liquid telcom and saw a set up coming to around 120-150k but not sure if the bandwidth would be enough to resell.

as for regulation most of the smaller guys just chenga that, but I am sure there must be some licence you pay, considering you are dealing with frequencies that can span 5+ km
Sting23
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2019 2:52:46 AM

Zenge wrote:
I am interested in starting the business of selling home internet in the estates in Nairobi.
Anyone with an idea on how it works, the initial layout in terms of infrastructure and other regulations?

Hi, how did this get along? Were you successful in your enquiries?
doubletap
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 4:42:11 PM

Think the reselling business was superseded by fiber to the home... ama am wrong?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
KastetL
#6 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 4:20:07 PM

Depends how much you ready to invest