wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
Punguza Mizigo Bill
alma1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:28:08 AM

I wonder how much MCA's will be paid to finish their own careers.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

thuks
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:10:39 AM

alma1 wrote:
I wonder how much MCA's will be paid to finish their own careers.

Aren't theirs safe?
I care!
tycho
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:24:05 AM

We could also ask whether the thinking behind the bill is progressive enough to be part of Kenya's political agenda. At least under ideal conditions.

In my opinion, the thinking is retrogressive and perhaps too much pro status quo, when we clearly need more distribution of power and resources.

The ward is ideally the basic unit of a democracy and if we are talking about reducing distribution of power to the individual citizen regardless of social class, then the bill isn't democratic.
doubletap
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:03:06 PM

tycho wrote:
We could also ask whether the thinking behind the bill is progressive enough to be part of Kenya's political agenda. At least under ideal conditions.

In my opinion, the thinking is retrogressive and perhaps too much pro status quo, when we clearly need more distribution of power and resources.

The ward is ideally the basic unit of a democracy and if we are talking about reducing distribution of power to the individual citizen regardless of social class, then the bill isn't democratic.

Think distribution of power and resources has already been achieved to a greater sense, think it's the cost to the people for the right to decide how and where they want to spend there resources that is the issue at hand.

It costs too much in recurrent expenditure at the detriment of development agendas. Reduce them all.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
tycho
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 9:38:16 AM

doubletap wrote:
tycho wrote:

Think distribution of power and resources has already been achieved to a greater sense, think it's the cost to the people for the right to decide how and where they want to spend there resources that is the issue at hand.

It costs too much in recurrent expenditure at the detriment of development agendas. Reduce them all.

Firstly, the question of even distribution of power and resources has not been addressed. At least there is hardly any evidence that the distribution has ever tried to happen.

When power and resources are evenly distributed then it is reasonable to expect productivity. So if the assumption is power is more distributed then the correct bill should be for increase in productivity and probably definition of property and property values.

But in our case, we deem resources as scarce and costs being met from a central entity. This betrays the absence of even capacities across the country.

Finally, what is the marginal difference of this bill to Wanjiku? Wanjiku remains economically unsustainable even if the costs were to reduce.

We may need a rethink of our assumptions.
FRM2011
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:22:09 AM

If you read the proposals by aukot and specifically the numbers being thrown you realize there was not much thought given ot it by these jokers.

The numbers are arbitrary. Like reduce parliament budget from 43B to 5B. The "how" is missing. If we reduce MPs from 349 to 94, the budget reduction would not be as proposed y these jokers.

WE DO NOT HAVE AN OVER-REPRESENTATION PROBLEM. In Kenya, we have one elected representative for every 110,000 Kenyans. Most countries are below 100K. Actually, when you put all countries together on a chart, we fall under the under-represented category.

On of their crazy proposals is to convert counties to constituencies. Nairobi county to have 2 MPs. As we talk, the IEBC ought to have degazetted/merged several constituencies that don't meet the population threshold. Kangema, mukurweini, othaya, Tiaty and others. But it has proven such a hot political issue that nobody can dare touch them.

Yet Aukot and his bunch of crazies believe that Nairobi can adequately be represented by one man and one woman.

Finally, WE DO NOT HAVE A WAGE BILL PROBLEM. Our wage bill to revenue ratio has dropped from 51% to 28%. The world bank recommended threshold is 35%.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:50:25 AM

I like most of the Punguza Mzigo (Thirdway Alliance) proposal. The MCA part, not really. They have a great point that we always fight in elections where there's an incumbent because he still has control over the entire process and forces.

BBI will solve it
:)
limanika
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:51:48 AM

In Kenya and Africa in general, the main problem is not so much of wage bill, but corruption and inability to create enough jobs. The people we appoint to leadership positions are lawyers and politicians so all they can think about is increasing their salaries and creating new laws to make their house superior to the other.

Can anyone remember a time parliament crafted a policy that triggered growth in any sector?
alma1
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:16:16 PM

Punguza Mizigo is now with the MCA's.

A reasonable person would think that ALL MCA's and Senators would support it. But this is Kenya.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If that bill passes those MCA chambers I can assure you, the Kenyan people will vote for it. We are tired of hearing those ODM Mpigs talking about how broke they are and needing a condom refill budget allocation.

I don't want to hear of the bridging initiaves plan as that is just to make Raila president.

God's Speed Aukot.

Shak
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:26:43 PM

Armed men storm Thirdway alliance offices; shoot at official
freiks
#11 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 8:55:14 AM

alma1 wrote:

A reasonable person would think that ALL MCA's and Senators would support it. But this is Kenya.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If that bill passes those MCA chambers I can assure you, the Kenyan people will vote for it. We are tired of hearing those ODM Mpigs talking about how broke they are and needing a condom refill budget allocation.

I don't want to hear of the bridging initiaves plan as that is just to make Raila president.

God's Speed Aukot.

All over a sudden we have a serious person to run for presidency....Aukot
Life is an endless adventure
Gathige
#12 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 10:32:14 AM

alma1 wrote:

God's Speed Aukot.

MCAs are part of the Mzigo to be Punguzwad. Your guess is as a good as mine what the fate of the bill will be at the county level.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Lolest!
#13 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 10:33:38 AM

I'm happy with the one 7 year term for Presidents
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
limanika
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 8:19:25 AM

Del
Njunge
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 11:19:56 AM

Gathige wrote:
alma1 wrote:

God's Speed Aukot.

MCAs are part of the Mzigo to be Punguzwad. Your guess is as a good as mine what the fate of the bill will be at the county level.

Nominated mca's not ward reps. If anything, Aukot factored sweeteners for Mcas in form of ward allocations and I guess this is enough motivation to pass the bill at county level. I foresee more than 24 counties passing it.
limanika
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 11:25:20 AM

This Aukot guy was the CEO of the Committee of Experts that drafted the constitution we now have. So he knows the katiba inside out more than Rao, Uhuru and Ruto combined, and hence easily knew what buttons to press. No wonder they're still scratching heads
tycho
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:13:51 PM

limanika wrote:
This Aukot guy was the CEO of the Committee of Experts that drafted the constitution we now have. So he knows the katiba inside out more than Rao, Uhuru and Ruto combined, and hence easily knew what buttons to press. No wonder they're still scratching heads

Unless the constitution was written with as many simulations as possible, then no single person can know it inside out.

If we ask what problem Aukot and C are solving, and whether in fact the implementation of the bill is a solution the matter gets trickier. It is likely that this move is a decoy for other motives by other players.

alma1
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:36:39 PM

tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:

Unless the constitution was written with as many simulations as possible, then no single person can know it inside out.

If we ask what problem Aukot and C are solving, and whether in fact the implementation of the bill is a solution the matter gets trickier. It is likely that this move is a decoy for other motives by other players.

Tycho I never made you for a mbrogger

What do you mean by a decoy?

I think every sane Kenyan wants Kenya devolved. As it was meant to be.

Straight to my ward.

Not this nonsense of some guy called Waititu deciding that he shall not do anything coz he's king.

I fully support this. 100%

Coz it will mean I really don't care who's president.

I can catch my MCA hapo home or even his side chick.

Not this nonsense of people giving themselves birrions.

Yes it's true Aukot was in the commitee of experts but even you guys remember, if you are old enough, this what we have was a consensus. That's why we have women reps who do absolutely nothing.

I shall vote for Aukot again. And again. Someday you voters shall learn and vote for this change. It's for the better.

Unless you are one of those who think that Mpigs should get 1 million shillings a month as your ward is broke.

Lolest!
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 8:49:21 PM

Iko hapa
https://www.docdroid.net...endment-bill-2019-a.pdf

You need to read it together with the constitution
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
FRM2011
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 9:33:28 PM

Is @maka still active on wazua ?

Would want to know whether the county assemblies or parliament can amend the bill as presented. Or approve some sections and reject others.

The proposal on fighting corruption is not a bad one. It gives the DPP powers to operationalize chapter 6 of the constitution. He will have powers to ask anyone mentioned adversely by the auditor General, PAC or PIC to vacate office immediately.

It also expands the definition of corruption to instances where the public does not get value for money.