3 Pages<123
Sunset Boulevard vs Everest Park
maka
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:09:08 PM

hardwood wrote:
maka wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
The units on auction had not been sold before? Reserve price per unit?

Nope. Auction is on 31st July unless otherwise.

“We have noted that, despite the status quo order made by Justice Maureen Odero, your clients have proceeded to advertise the 204 apartments again in today’s (Monday) Daily Nation. We demand the immediate publication in tomorrow’s (Tuesday) daily, an advert cancelling the said contemptuous advertisement, failing which we will be moving to court immediately to cite your clients for contempt of court,” a letter from Ogola Okello & Company LLP to I&M lawyers Walker Kontos Advocates states.

https://www.nation.co.ke...7422-rwiksdz/index.html

There is an injunction the alleged sale is contemptuous.

They (developers) will be milked by lawyers via numerous court cases and injunctions but ultimately deni lazima walipe. They should focus on working out a deal with the bankers.

True thats the sad bit...Things are thick.
possunt quia posse videntur
Shak
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:24:38 PM

hardwood wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
So, if I'm reading this story correctly, the homeowners didn't receive their title deeds for four years? How did they let that happen?

How could they receive title deeds (they are actually sub leases) while their homes were already mortgaged to the bank by the developer? The developer had to clear the 1.6B loan owed to the bank first before the property could be discharged so that he could then start the transfer process.

So what's the point of a partial discharge of charge? I thought it should free the apartment owner from the developer's loan obligations to the financier.
wukan
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:45:30 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
maka wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

“We have noted that, despite the status quo order made by Justice Maureen Odero, your clients have proceeded to advertise the 204 apartments again in today’s (Monday) Daily Nation. We demand the immediate publication in tomorrow’s (Tuesday) daily, an advert cancelling the said contemptuous advertisement, failing which we will be moving to court immediately to cite your clients for contempt of court,” a letter from Ogola Okello & Company LLP to I&M lawyers Walker Kontos Advocates states.

They (developers) will be milked by lawyers via numerous court cases and injunctions but ultimately deni lazima walipe. They should focus on working out a deal with the bankers.

But the interbank rate is at low of 1-2.5%. Banks are liquid...smile mlisema interest rate caps
maka
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:04:20 PM

wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
maka wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

But the interbank rate is at low of 1-2.5%. Banks are liquid...smile mlisema interest rate caps

Let NIC and CBA finish merging then they remove the rate cap.... Lets work with proper credit references for customers...Maisha imekuwa ngumu sana...
possunt quia posse videntur
Shak
#45 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:12:27 PM

Apparently the affected units are for those who bought in cash. Mortgage buyers are not affected
winmak
#46 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:19:59 PM

Shak wrote:
Apparently the affected units are for those who bought in cash. Mortgage buyers are not affected

Wait a minute, is this by design, or simply because mortgage buyers are using OPM?
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Swenani
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:25:01 PM

winmak wrote:
Shak wrote:

Wait a minute, is this by design, or simply because mortgage buyers are using OPM?

My guess is that cash buyers money was eaten but for mortgage buyers, their monthly payment goes to a joint account with I&M.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
winmak
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:15:20 PM

Swenani wrote:
winmak wrote:
Shak wrote:

My guess is that cash buyers money was eaten but for mortgage buyers, their monthly payment goes to a joint account with I&M.

Wololo, this is tough, and to think that I almost bought one in cash with those attractive "pay cash get 30% discount"!!! I am not touching any offplan, not even with a loooong stick....
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:48:01 PM

winmak wrote:
Swenani wrote:
winmak wrote:
Shak wrote:

Wololo, this is tough, and to think that I almost bought one in cash with those attractive "pay cash get 30% discount"!!! I am not touching any offplan, not even with a loooong stick....
Whoa! This was a plan to kukula tu by the developer. I wonder if they have even accounted for the money! It explains the 30% off given those funds were not going to I&M.

So it actually makes sense to take a small mortgage to try to get the bank, etc involved. A mortgage triggers filing paperwork which might highlight discrepancies.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#50 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 2:08:44 AM

I&M, developer halt sale of Sh2bn Athi River Estate
https://www.businessdail...200036-6782wy/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett