wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Nairobi's Skyline
KulaRaha
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:21:04 AM

Upperhill will take another 5 years, and billions of taxpayers money will be eaten. This is how progress is measured in Kenya: which operator ate more.

While sycophants here for both sides will keep arguing about shoes, etc.

How to keep the foolish masses occupied.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Wendz
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:57:51 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Im unable to identify this area. Its been a while since I set foot in Nairobi. Glad to see the private sector playing their part in nation building.

This photo might have been taken from atop NSSF building or the neighboring buildings. Building under construction is UAP Building. The other taller one on the right hand side is Rahimtulla Towers.

I also ask the same, don't we have exit clauses on government contracts?
simonkabz
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:45:30 PM

Wendz wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
Im unable to identify this area. Its been a while since I set foot in Nairobi. Glad to see the private sector playing their part in nation building.

This photo might have been taken from atop NSSF building or the neighboring buildings. Building under construction is UAP Building. The other taller one on the right hand side is Rahimtulla Towers.

I also ask the same, don't we have exit clauses on government contracts?

We have seen contracts being terminated, like Kirinyaga construction 10year works on a 30km stretch from Sagana to Marua.

Meanwhile, seems we lost the bragging ringts for the tallest building in the region to Dar.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:52:03 PM

Dar 35fl PSPF twin towers:

TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
urstill1
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:08:18 PM

simonkabz wrote:

Britam Tower and Hazina Trade Centre will take us second and third tallest respectively in Africa. The tallest building historically has always been in SA and will remain so in the foreseeable future.
washiku
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:51:45 PM

KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:12:37 PM

simonkabz wrote:

I've been in that one. A tenant tells me lifts break down often. LOOOOOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
simonkabz
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:20:24 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

I've been in that one. A tenant tells me lifts break down often. LOOOOOL

Lol! Wewe lazima umulike vitu mbaya, go slow on these matters smile
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
gk
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 7:31:00 PM

Will the 88 Nairobi Condominium set to be tallest residential in SSA come to reality?

Nbi has not been lucky in its past attempts at ruling Africa's skyline with controversies stalking and stalling such projects. From Telposta to Hazina Towers and now the Pinnacle there is more than enough reason to be skeptical.
Angelica _ann
#30 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 7:40:28 PM

https://www.businessdail.../539546-4293360-ljr4n8z/
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#31 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2018 8:20:48 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/539546-4293360-ljr4n8z/

Quote:

“Upper Hill currently doesn't have executive residential apartments despite the near 40000 VIPs who work in this area. The building will enable them them to drive for short distances to work, or even walk,” said Jackson.

Jonathan Jackson, founder of Lordship Africa and Lordship Europe, said that the project was motivated by the need to provider housing to executives who work in the upscale Upper Hill district.

I just cant understand this. The world over "Executives" want to live in privacy in the suburbs where they can have their stand-alone homes on at least a half acre, a private pool and garden, not in some apartments.
Fyatu
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:08:59 PM

Pinnacle towers project has been in the foundation stage since 2014. What a shame? Now where will my ARM sell its simiti??
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2018 5:12:47 PM

Mu-shaina despite harassment by Sonko has managed to put up six 30 floor buildings on one compound(Avic towers) yet when they call us monkeys some wazuans here refuse to eat food and deny their wives/husbands conjugal rights in protest.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
tony stark
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:01:18 PM

gk wrote:
Will the 88 Nairobi Condominium set to be tallest residential in SSA come to reality?

Nbi has not been lucky in its past attempts at ruling Africa's skyline with controversies stalking and stalling such projects. From Telposta to Hazina Towers and now the Pinnacle there is more than enough reason to be skeptical.

Well construction has started and there is a link to the camera overlooking the construction site.

https://rtsp.me/embed/a5Y3ThkK/

Found this on skyscrapper city. Seems there is work going on on this 88 Nairobi.

Gathige
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:35:57 PM

tony stark wrote:
gk wrote:

Well construction has started and there is a link to the camera overlooking the construction site.

https://rtsp.me/embed/a5Y3ThkK/

Found this on skyscrapper city. Seems there is work going on on this 88 Nairobi.

The building on the left can cave in like the one in Ruaka. Not a very nice place to live in while construction is on-going.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe