148 Pages«<131132133134135>»
Mumias Sugar huge demand
Failed Businessman
#2641 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:14:07 AM

obiero wrote:
Failed Businessman wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but I really wanted them succeed.

Are methanol and ethanol pure substitutes?

I think Mumias problem isn't the market for their ethanol but the lack of raw material to produce ethanol.

The mumias guys believed the ethanol was a good substitute but did not present their case well. They used a lot of chemistry lingo. I remember them trying to explain to my boss how there is just one extra carbon per molecule and my boss giving them a blank stare. Interestingly, the company had tried ethanol some few years back. One of the challenges that I remember my boss highlighting was the ethanol smell. I cant remember the other challenges but tomorrow I can ring my boss up just to confirm.

Uko na username mbaya sana

Hahaa proud of it man
Unfortunately I can't change my username SMH!
obiero
#2642 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:49:17 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but I really wanted them succeed.

Are methanol and ethanol pure substitutes?

I think Mumias problem isn't the market for their ethanol but the lack of raw material to produce ethanol.

The mumias guys believed the ethanol was a good substitute but did not present their case well. They used a lot of chemistry lingo. I remember them trying to explain to my boss how there is just one extra carbon per molecule and my boss giving them a blank stare. Interestingly, the company had tried ethanol some few years back. One of the challenges that I remember my boss highlighting was the ethanol smell. I cant remember the other challenges but tomorrow I can ring my boss up just to confirm.

Uko na username mbaya sana

Hahaa proud of it man

No worries! :)

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Njunge
#2643 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:01:09 PM

obiero wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Failed Businessman]Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but man

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly..... Anyway.... Nobody in his right mind can use ethanol to make paints. What the fellows were probably trying to market to your boss is a distillation byproduct called TA {Technical Alcohol}. In the ethanol world, it is a nuisance as it has little use apart in the paint industries. It also poses serious health and environment hazards. In a 75 kilolitre/day ethanol plant like msc's, you are likely to generate approx 600,000 litre of TA in one year. Storage then becomes a challenge not to mention the product is highly flammable. I think by the time MSc approached your boss, they were looking for a safe way to dispose while making some small money. As at now, the price of TA in Kenya may be as little as 5 Bob a litre. Simply put, they were marketing some lubbish.
VituVingiSana
#2644 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:06:41 PM

Njunge wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Failed Businessman]Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but man

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly..... Anyway.... Nobody in his right mind can use ethanol to make paints. What the fellows were probably trying to market to your boss is a distillation byproduct called TA {Technical Alcohol}. In the ethanol world, it is a nuisance as it has little use apart in the paint industries. It also poses serious health and environment hazards. In a 75 kilolitre/day ethanol plant like msc's, you are likely to generate approx 600,000 litre of TA in one year. Storage then becomes a challenge not to mention the product is highly flammable. I think by the time MSc approached your boss, they were looking for a safe way to dispose while making some small money. As at now, the price of TA in Kenya may be as little as 5 Bob a litre. Simply put, they were marketing some lubbish.
Ati, nini? Technical changaa? If it is usable by paint firms at only 5/- a liter, why wouldn't Crown/Sadolin use it vs the much pricier petroleum inputs?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#2645 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:11:21 PM

There was some bet that Mumias Sugar will start production again and @Njunge had said nada, how did it span out?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Njunge
#2646 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:27:13 PM

@angelique,

Here

HaMaina wrote:
Njunge wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
BKB wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001331638/shareholders-want-mumias-placed-under-administration

Mumias Sugar Company National Shareholders Forum chairman Muthuri Nyamu urged the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to stop interfering with the Oparanya’s administration plans to help revamp the sugar firm.

It will be the best decision ever

Oparanya is a politician, besides maybe his need to help his people again maybe, helping the common mwanainchi is never that important.There is also a greater need to remain relevant politically. That's why this last minute administration nonsense decision should not be taken seriously. If anything the parallel shareholder group that was collecting views alongside Oparanya and Kimunya seems more sincere.

6 months elapsed son.

Pints are on me, when we meet. I'm still on this one.

Njunge
#2647 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:29:23 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Failed Businessman] Ati, nini? Technical changaa? If it is usable by paint firms at only 5/- a liter, why wouldn't Crown/Sadolin use it vs the much pricier petroleum inputs?

TA production in Kenya is as young as the first distellery and I think it did not happen until 2013.It also comes in small quantities while it's sale is regulated and monitored by KRA. I do not know the current annual production but its certainly not enough for the paints industry while it's availability is also not guaranteed. In serious sugar/ethanol economies such as Mauritius, Brazil and Guyana, this is the preferred option.
Failed Businessman
#2648 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:42:42 PM

Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=obiero][quote=Failed Businessman][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Failed Businessman] Ati, nini? Technical changaa? If it is usable by paint firms at only 5/- a liter, why wouldn't Crown/Sadolin use it vs the much pricier petroleum inputs?

TA production in Kenya is as young as the first distellery and I think it did not happen until 2013.It also comes in small quantities while it's sale is regulated and monitored by KRA. I do not know the current annual production but its certainly not enough for the paints industry while it's availability is also not guaranteed. In serious sugar/ethanol economies such as Mauritius, Brazil and Guyana, this is the preferred option.

Thanks for this man.
Unfortunately I can't change my username SMH!
HaMaina
#2649 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 10:23:42 AM

FUNKY wrote:
12-MEMBER TASKFORCE appointed by Governor Oparanya to oversee revival of Mumias Sugar sworn in amid protests from the company management.

When was the Task Force report ment to be released ? The new financial year has officially began.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
HaMaina
#2650 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:02:19 AM

Hope for farmers as Mumias Sugar task force to hand i report Friday.

Today's Nation.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Angelica _ann
#2651 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:11:20 PM

Is Mumias back in production or there is no hope whatsoever?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
FUNKY
#2652 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:30:22 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

There will only be hope if someone like Sir Michael Joseph is given to run MSC or any white man in a black body if you understand what I mean Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#2653 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:39:42 PM

FUNKY wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

There will only be hope if someone like Sir Michael Joseph is given to run MSC or any white man in a black body if you understand what I mean Laughing out loudly

the last white man to ran the place went on annual leave and never came back smile
Njunge
#2654 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:59:50 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

The earliest MSc can resume crushing is June 2022....yet, I wouldnt give that date 1% chance of happening.
muandiwambeu
#2655 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:45:25 PM

Njunge wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

The earliest MSc can resume crushing is June 2022....yet, I wouldnt give that date 1% chance of happening.

Yesos, hapa Nada, zilch, hapa mtu atajua ajui. Deadier than the dead horse I say, kulambishwa lolo nayo
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
sparkly
#2656 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:16:13 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Yesos, hapa Nada, zilch, hapa mtu atajua ajui. Deadier than the dead horse I say, kulambishwa lolo nayo

Hehehe funny af Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
FUNKY
#2657 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:06:39 PM

This thing should just be suspended from trading till they resume milling
Njunge
#2658 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:12:38 PM

FUNKY wrote:

Somewhere in this thread, I questioned why cma still entertains this thing. Truth is, it ought to have been suspended way back in 2015. I guess there is nothing to suspend now anyway.

BTW, if given a chance to chose between 10m shares of MSC and a bucket of cow shit, I would go with the lattersmile
HaMaina
#2659 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:13:05 AM

Njunge wrote:
FUNKY wrote:

Somewhere in this thread, I questioned why cma still entertains this thing. Truth is, it ought to have been suspended way back in 2015. I guess there is nothing to suspend now anyway.

BTW, if given a chance to chose between 10m shares of MSC and a bucket of cow shit, I would go with the lattersmile

“The future is uncertain but the end is always near.”
― jim morrison

- Personally I'd choose the 10m Shares,the bucket would expire in a day or 2.

I'm sure we'll soon see some news on Mumias and the sugar industry as a whole. But I like how the prophets of doom are causing panic and making the price plummet. Excellent.Applause Applause Applause
VituVingiSana
#2660 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:33:17 AM

HaMaina wrote:
Njunge wrote:
FUNKY wrote:

“The future is uncertain but the end is always near.”
― jim morrison

- Personally I'd choose the 10m Shares,the bucket would expire in a day or 2.

I'm sure we'll soon see some news on Mumias and the sugar industry as a whole. But I like how the prophets of doom are causing panic and making the price plummet. Excellent.Applause Applause Applause

I hope you are BUYING shares of Mumias!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett