wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

71 Pages«<5455565758>»
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ?
cyruskulei
#1101 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 5:14:27 PM

I don't trade in cryptocurrencies but watching from a distance.

https://www.bloomberg.co...&utm_source=twitter

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

rwitre
#1102 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:10:07 PM

rwitre wrote:
12-month high clocked. BTC at $8800

Great way to start the coming week

Meanwhile....“Retail is still buying Bitcoin. Yale Endowment, moved into Bitcoin, Stanford Endowment, Moved into Bitcoin and Howard’s endowment has moved into Bitcoin. These are real names and real thoughtful investors.”...

Onward march continues.

Soon everyone will realise that Bitcoin is inevitable.

Every investor, gambler, fund manager, sovereign bond, government, warlord, drug dealer, pirate, common Joe...they'll all want a piece.

And there are only 21 million coins.

Decentralized. Portable. Fungible. Non-repudiable. Scarce.

Now trading at $13600 a piece.
mufasa
#1103 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:15:08 AM

@rwitre without a doubt cyptos are here to stay but this dizzying amount, BITCOIN is probably out of range for the majority. The thing here for me is, How to build a good portfolio of cryptos

Given that there are over 100 cryptos including BITPESA, Which ones are the affordable and promising cryptos in 2019?
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
omhangla
#1104 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:08:56 PM

Apart from localbitcoins, which is the other local platform that is reliable and I can buy other coins apart from bitcoin?
snifadog
#1105 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:10:20 PM

slight pull back from $14k mark but $15k is imminent. After that we should see all time high. Naysayers on this board (and they are many) will be in disbelief. Boarding is finished, gates are closed, the jet is on the runway. Awaiting final orders for takeoff. Using airline lingo that a one Obiero is very conversant with.. cough cough KQ
sparkly
#1106 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:41:19 PM

rwitre wrote:
rwitre wrote:
12-month high clocked. BTC at $8800

Great way to start the coming week

Meanwhile....“Retail is still buying Bitcoin. Yale Endowment, moved into Bitcoin, Stanford Endowment, Moved into Bitcoin and Howard’s endowment has moved into Bitcoin. These are real names and real thoughtful investors.”...

Onward march continues.

Soon everyone will realise that Bitcoin is inevitable.

Every investor, gambler, fund manager, sovereign bond, government, warlord, drug dealer, pirate, common Joe...they'll all want a piece.

And there are only 21 million coins.

Decentralized. Portable. Fungible. Non-repudiable. Scarce.

Now trading at $13600 a piece.

If you sit in on a poker game and don’t see a sucker, get up. You’re the sucker.
Life is short. Live passionately.
rwitre
#1107 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 2:24:16 PM

Lightning growth continues

Quote:

Bitcoin (BTC) wallet Electrum will soon host support for the Lightning Network (LN), Russian cryptocurrency news outlet Forklog reported on Telegram July 5.

In a social media update, the publication said founder Thomas Voegtlin had revealed the upcoming release at the ongoing BIP001 conference in Odessa, Ukraine.

Electrum, one of the oldest bitcoin wallets on the market since 2011, said LN functionality would come as part of an impending major upgrade.

The most recent version of the wallet came earlier this week.

Electrum will be one of the first major wallets to bring LN to the mainstream, the technology itself still remaining in an experimental phase.

A so-called ‘off-chain’ scaling mechanism, Lightning allows users to send each other bitcoin almost instantaneously, paying hardly any transaction fee.
Sober
#1108 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 8:25:07 PM

snifadog wrote:
slight pull back from $14k mark but $15k is imminent. After that we should see all time high. Naysayers on this board (and they are many) will be in disbelief. Boarding is finished, gates are closed, the jet is on the runway. Awaiting final orders for takeoff. Using airline lingo that a one Obiero is very conversant with.. cough cough KQ

Guys read that the price is $4k in January and never boarded. Now it's $11k and they are confused saying 'had i bought'.

When we get to $50k+ it wouldn't matter if your bought at $8k or $11k.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Sober
#1109 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2019 8:26:42 PM

omhangla wrote:
Apart from localbitcoins, which is the other local platform that is reliable and I can buy other coins apart from bitcoin?

Considering liquidity (volumes) and security. LBC remains the best solution as it acts as escrow and the traders pick the payment options convenient for them.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
rwitre
#1110 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 12:52:03 PM

‘I Would Buy’ Bitcoin If Growth Continues — Investment Legend Mobius (co-founder and partner at Mobius Capital Partners)

Quote:

Speaking in an interview on Bloomberg TV, Mobius, who has previously delivered critical statements on cryptocurrency, now said it was impossible to ignore.

“I’m not a buyer, but I realize it’s something we have to account for,” he summarized.

As a veteran of U.S. finance, Mobius remains broadly on the fence about crypto, a stance nonetheless noticeably more positive than that of figures such as Warren Buffett and JPMorgan Chase CEO, Jamie Dimon.

Nevertheless, Mobius repeated controversial arguments about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, notably their alleged role in illicit activity such as the drugs trade.

As Cointelegrpah reported, research continues to disprove such assumptions, data suggesting that cash remains bad actors’ medium of choice.

He further claimed that cryptocurrency required belief in order to function, something true of centralized fiat currency but not, for example, bitcoin, which runs on the certainty of a mathematical formula.

Minds are changing.

Bitcoin is inevitable.

Interview on Bloomberg Daybreak: Middle East.
Spikes
#1111 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:11:50 AM

rwitre wrote:
‘I Would Buy’ Bitcoin If Growth Continues — Investment Legend Mobius (co-founder and partner at Mobius Capital Partners)

Quote:

Speaking in an interview on Bloomberg TV, Mobius, who has previously delivered critical statements on cryptocurrency, now said it was impossible to ignore.

“I’m not a buyer, but I realize it’s something we have to account for,” he summarized.

As a veteran of U.S. finance, Mobius remains broadly on the fence about crypto, a stance nonetheless noticeably more positive than that of figures such as Warren Buffett and JPMorgan Chase CEO, Jamie Dimon.

Nevertheless, Mobius repeated controversial arguments about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, notably their alleged role in illicit activity such as the drugs trade.

As Cointelegrpah reported, research continues to disprove such assumptions, data suggesting that cash remains bad actors’ medium of choice.

He further claimed that cryptocurrency required belief in order to function, something true of centralized fiat currency but not, for example, bitcoin, which runs on the certainty of a mathematical formula.

Minds are changing.

Bitcoin is inevitable.

Interview on Bloomberg Daybreak: Middle East.

It is no longer chest thumping or overating investment gurus but things have incredibly changed and everybody must embrace cryptocurrency just the way fiat money is king.
Some guys in Wazua soon and very soon gonna liquidate their shares at NSE for Bitcoin and more buggers will book KQ tickets online paying in Bitcoin too!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Yliett
#1112 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:16:15 PM

Blockchain technology has a brighter future than most digital currencies in general and Bitcoin in particular. Digital currency is here to stay, simply because it does not require middle men or local regulatory bodies to hinder its transnational efficiency.
rwitre
#1113 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 9:39:15 AM

whiteowl wrote:
hardwood wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Playing Russian roulette with your money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

It’s dubbed “Bitcoin Wallet,” and promises returns of 100 percent in 15 days. The scam is estimated to be generating R2 million ($135,000) every day.

Quote:

By all indications, Bitcoin Wallet is a multimillion-rand operation and probably has the largest daily cash flow in the whole of Ladysmith.
Fears are growing that a highly lucrative “investment scheme” that promises to pay out ten-fold cash deposits within two weeks, which has taken this small rural town in KwaZulu-Natal by storm, will soon crash.

The allure of easy money has seen more and more hopeful people unwittingly risk their money every time they make deposits into the investment scheme.

Located in a shabby building that used to be a pawn shop – just off Alexander Street, between MICA hardware and Office National – are the Bitcoin Wallet offices.

Long queues form outside Bitcoin Wallet daily. The attraction is Bitcoin Wallet’s investment scheme that promises 100 percent returns on monetary deposits, from R100, in exactly 15 working days.

Owing to the popularity of the scheme, it no longer takes in amounts less than R5,000.

By all indications, Bitcoin Wallet is a multimillion-rand operation and probably has the largest daily cash flow in the whole of Ladysmith.

Owned and operated by a local man in his 30s who was a paramedic until recently, Sphelele “Sgumza” Mbatha, the investment scheme is reportedly taking more than R2 million in cash deposits on a daily basis.

On Tuesday (last week), about 200 eager prospective investors queued outside Bitcoin Wallet offices, with some saying that they do not want to be left behind by the easy takings as many people have benefitted already.

Vehicles belonging to other businesses operating around the Bitcoin Wallet premises now have to manoeuvre through a human curtain that has blocked the entrance to their parking lot, but they don’t appear to be complaining.

“I’ve actually not invested anything yet as this was my first time here, but a woman I know invested R50,000 and she has just received R100,000. I’m told Sgumza only takes R5,000 now, so I also have to invest as well,” claimed a woman in the queue.

An elderly man, who asked not want to be named and was seen carrying a blanket around midday, said that he had been queuing since 3am. He said his daughter would come a little later so they could make their investment.

Another lady, who also did not want to be named, said employed members of her family have invested various amounts in Bitcoin Wallet, from R1,000. She said they had been taking turns to queue every day to collect their returns.

Isn't this a ponzi scheme like DECI?

Yes this another ponzi and has nothing to do with bitcoin.Bitcoin is just a buzzword to rope people in.

Furious Bitcoin scam victims torch alleged Ponzi mastermind’s house

Quote:

Angry victims have looted and torched the home of a man who operated an alleged Bitcoin Ponzi scheme in South Africa.

Firefighters in Ladysmith, approximately 365 kilometres south of Johannesburg, were called to Sphelele “Sgumza” Mbatha’s house on Wednesday afternoon after several angry citizens set the building on fire.

An anonymous source told TimesLIVE that victims were taking the law into their own hands because Mbatha was unreachable.

Mbatha operated Bitcoin Wallet, a company which reportedly enticed victims to invest in exchange for easy and big returns on investments.

Earlier this week, Mbatha told the Ladysmith Gazette that he didn’t have any more cash to pay out to clients. The same outlet confirmed on July 9 that Mbatha had not been arrested, despite rumours on social media.

mamilli
#1114 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 11:40:07 AM

Finally,orange man is squealing...
https://amp.theguardian....tocurrencies-arent-money
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.
wukan
#1115 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 11:51:45 AM

mamilli wrote:
Finally,orange man is squealing...
https://amp.theguardian....ocurrencies-arent-money

when he says crypto assets can be used for illegal behaviour like drug tradingd'oh! d'oh! d'oh! The dollar is the no.1 currency for illegal activity.

Cryptos were unchanged in value after this tweet storm. He cannot talk up or down crypto like he does the stock market.
Spikes
#1116 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:53:41 AM

Bitcoin has now begun monthly/weekly price correction according to charts...
IMHO it may go lower to $ 7800 ...
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Tokyo
#1117 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:19:44 AM

A tough night for cryptocurrencies. All counters down.
work to prosper
mnandii
#1118 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:11:04 PM

Spikes wrote:
Bitcoin has now begun monthly/weekly price correction according to charts...
IMHO it may go lower to $ 7800 ...

Bitcoin should rise to about $11,470 to complete wave E then fall strongly to $5500s. Targets to be given once wave E completes according to our projected scenario.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
rwitre
#1119 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 9:13:04 PM

Bakkt Going Live on 23rd September 2019

Quote:

One year ago, we announced our ambitious vision to bring institutional infrastructure to digital assets with an end-to-end regulated marketplace. That vision will be realized on September 23 when Bakkt launches custody and physically-delivered daily and monthly bitcoin futures contracts in partnership with ICE Futures U.S. and ICE Clear US.

Our contracts have already received the green light from the CFTC through the self-certification process and user acceptance testing has begun. With approval by the New York State Department of Financial Services to create Bakkt Trust Company, a qualified custodian, the Bakkt Warehouse will custody bitcoin for physically delivered futures. This offers customers unprecedented regulatory clarity and security alongside a regulated, globally accessible exchange in a market underserved by institutional-grade infrastructure.

Applause Applause Applause
mnandii
#1120 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 10:58:34 PM

Bitcoin appears to have completed wave E (triangle) of (B) at $11,007. I therefore expect bitcoin to head below towards targets indicated by the pink lines. A move below $9000 will confirm this scenario while a rise above $10950 will negate it.

The targets if the scenario is confirmed are: $8348, $6730, $4109.One of them should act as support from which Bitcoin should explode to $19000 and beyond in the near future.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.