wazua Sat, Oct 19, 2019
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

6 Pages«<456
Safaricom....Collymore Successor Yes Kenyan Can
Kusadikika
#101 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 6:22:26 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,604
Safaricom might be the next KPLC. Sharks are swimming in.

https://www.nation.co.ke...7076-126dqll/index.html

The moment they insist on nationality that becomes politics and in politics nothing is off limits. Someone will stand up in a funeral and say, "Hata mlisikia Michael Joseph juzi akitudharau sisi waafrika" kidogo kidogo Michael Joseph is forced to resign. Then ghafla bin vuu a vulture is installed as CEO.
limanika
#102 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 8:52:11 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,977
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan
kawi254
#103 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:22:53 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 336
Location: Nairobi
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.
Cde Monomotapa
#104 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:47:53 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/13/2011
Posts: 5,963
Is it to be glad that Kenyans give a iota about governance (better). RIP.
limanika
#105 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:50:18 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 1,977
kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.

Its the same thing. TZ were insisting their national should take over but then we were busy lecturing them to pick our own based on merit. Now when it comes to Kenya we're doing exactly same thing TZ was doing. Why not just advertise. Let everyone apply then pick on merit even its someone from Papua new Guinea
Kusadikika
#106 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 11:03:14 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 7/22/2008
Posts: 2,604
Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
VituVingiSana
#107 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:43:00 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,446
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan


Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.
Learn to walk before running. Firms like Vodafone often rotate their rising stars so they gain experience before they get the top job.

Do you give your kid keys to a powerful motorcycle before she learns how to handle a bicycle on her own?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#108 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:46:20 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,446
Location: Nairobi
Kusadikika wrote:
Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
Applause Applause Applause Wise words. We have seen it happen on many occasions. I don't have many Saf but Saf affects so many of the other listed firms.

From KCB and Equity (banks) to KQ and Total (sales/payments).
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
6 Pages«<456
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.