wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
Safaricom....Collymore Successor Yes Kenyan Can
Kusadikika
#101 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 6:22:26 PM

Safaricom might be the next KPLC. Sharks are swimming in.

https://www.nation.co.ke...7076-126dqll/index.html

The moment they insist on nationality that becomes politics and in politics nothing is off limits. Someone will stand up in a funeral and say, "Hata mlisikia Michael Joseph juzi akitudharau sisi waafrika" kidogo kidogo Michael Joseph is forced to resign. Then ghafla bin vuu a vulture is installed as CEO.
limanika
#102 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 8:52:11 PM

Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan
kawi254
#103 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:22:53 PM

limanika wrote:
Kenyans are funny lot. The other day we were lecturing TZ how biz is done when they refused to allow our own to take up a job at Vodafone TZ. Now, safaricom wants to bring in an expatriate and we're lecturing them how they should give the post to a Kenyan

Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.
Cde Monomotapa
#104 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:47:53 PM

Is it to be glad that Kenyans give a iota about governance (better). RIP.
limanika
#105 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 9:50:18 PM

kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:

Methinks it is the other way round. Vodafone/Vodacom trusted Sylvia to lead Vodacom TZ but not Safaricom. TZ will be vindicated if Sylivia won't be appointed to head Safaricom.

Its the same thing. TZ were insisting their national should take over but then we were busy lecturing them to pick our own based on merit. Now when it comes to Kenya we're doing exactly same thing TZ was doing. Why not just advertise. Let everyone apply then pick on merit even its someone from Papua new Guinea
Kusadikika
#106 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 11:03:14 PM

Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
VituVingiSana
#107 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:43:00 AM

kawi254 wrote:
limanika wrote:

Learn to walk before running. Firms like Vodafone often rotate their rising stars so they gain experience before they get the top job.

Do you give your kid keys to a powerful motorcycle before she learns how to handle a bicycle on her own?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#108 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 12:46:20 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Kenyas budget 208/19 = 3 Trillion shillings
Safaricom revenue 2018 = 233 billion shillings which is equivalent to almost 8% of the GOK budget. Which is about half of what counties are allocated.

One CEO of Safaricom is in charge of more money than 23 Governors, MCAS and county assemblies combined.

Safaricom is not Vodacom Tanzania. This thing is Huuuuuuuuuge and the only reason people don't feel it much was because Bob Collymore was a humble guy who liked jazz and riding in matatus and visiting guys in the ghetto. A maverick CEO can afford to buy a corporate jet with the cash at Safaricom.

Safaricom is bigger than Western Union and Moneygram combined in fact the dividends Safaricom gave last year are enough to buy Moneygram cash at 4 times its current prize.

In the right hands Safaricom has the experience and cash to go global...... but it is also very tempting and there is a lot of money that can be stolen by an ambitious thief masquerading as a CEO.
Applause Applause Applause Wise words. We have seen it happen on many occasions. I don't have many Saf but Saf affects so many of the other listed firms.

From KCB and Equity (banks) to KQ and Total (sales/payments).
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
young
#109 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 12:21:32 AM

DELETED
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#110 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 12:23:02 AM

My prayer has been answered
as Kenyan has been appointed new CEO.

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
Time will tell as I am merely an outsider.
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#111 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 1:37:30 AM

https://www.standardmedi...gwa-because-of-his-tribe
obiero
#112 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:18:38 AM

young wrote:

Though I would have preferred Safaricom groomed Stela Mulinge based on her professional antecedents and career trajectory .
I am happy that TRULY KENYAN CAN . If not this one there are still some kenyan in diaspora or locally that came be close to 90% late bob. The task is to discover them.

Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:24:02 AM

obiero wrote:
young wrote:

Sylvia is the name and you should research a little about her, it would be way better to hire me as SCOM CEO than her. Ndegwa is OK

Sylvia as CEO that will be the end of safaricom
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
whiteowl
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 9:19:06 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:

If one day you wake up and find out she is the CEO, sell all your shares,run and don't look back.
murchr
#115 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 10:06:00 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:

If one day you wake up and find out she is the CEO, sell all your shares,run and don't look back.

Male chauvinism
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
young
#116 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 1:46:45 AM

From my point of view as a foreign non resident safaricom investor ,
I can boldly say the new CEO at the helm of affairs after the unfortunate demise of the strong performer Bob is a success story.

When CEO Ndegwa came Safaricom share price was 33 bob but it's now around 43.
For that is the most important yardstick.
It is important going down memory late that he was once the CEO of Guiness Nigeria a few years back and he left a legacy of stellar performance .

For Kenyans there may be other parametes to judge him, but no two individuals are the same .
We still miss the amiable and resourceful Bob that grew Safaricom from 4 bob to 33 bob in just a few years .
young
#117 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 1:48:29 AM

young wrote:
From my point of view as a foreign non resident safaricom investor ,
I can boldly say the new CEO at the helm of affairs after the unfortunate demise of the strong performer Bob is a success story.

When CEO Ndegwa came Safaricom share price was 33 bob but it's now around 43.
For me that is the most important yardstick.
It is important going down memory late that he was once the CEO of Guiness Nigeria a few years back and he left a legacy of stellar performance .

For Kenyans there may be other parametes to judge him, but no two individuals are the same .

We still miss the amiable and resourceful Bob that grew Safaricom from 4 bob to 33 bob in just a few years .

In the long term Safaricom Ethiopia investment will be a success story.
I see Safaricom share price at 60 then.

NewMoney
#118 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 3:07:29 PM

Looks like Safaricom was never going to keep up with KCB, but I think in 2 years the tables will turn

My 2 cents
#119 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:39:20 PM

Safaricom simply goes up because it is an investor darling stock - for locals and internationals. And it is the only stock in our NSE that has significant depth and liquidity. If you are an institution and have 100M and need to buy stocks...pap...which other except Safaricom?
My 2 cents
#120 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2021 6:42:59 PM

We have a very shallow market. If you have a lot of money to invest in Kenya your other avenues are private equity and real estate. If you try and sink say 200M quickly in the NSE, in stocks other than Safaricom - you will be the market. You will have to drip feed it in over several weeks if not months depending on the particular stock. And your buying would significantly raise the price of your chosen stock.