Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Poll Question : MY NEW POSITION ON KENYA'S PROPOSED CONSTITUTION
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes.......(click) 56 60 %
No.........(click) 34 36 %
None of the Above...(click) 3 3 %
Total 93 100%

5 Pages«<2345>
Proposed constitution: new opinion poll...
rasilio
#61 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:56:34 PM

I won't be here to vote then but my advice to kenyans is simple.

Be selfish in your vote. Don't look at the politicians and clergy/politicians. Look at your children and tell them

my daughter, I am voting no because I believe that by doing so, you will make it in kenya without nepotisim, tribalism and a bit of corruption.

or

my son, I am voting Yes because I believe that by doing so, you will have a chance to make it in Kenya honestly.

this is the only opportunity for every kenyan to be selfish. look at yourself and vote for yourself. there will be no other chance.

and good luck to you all.
McReggae
#62 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:12:35 PM

Wazua poll
YES: 58%
NO: 38%
Didn't know this could happen in Wazua, what with the many hardliners!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Brewer
#63 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:13:39 PM

Brewer wrote:
Fundaah wrote:
...(except Koigi of the State house night Ugali eating fame)......

next question?

Why do you lie so easily?

And now Fundaah says "I heard these words from Koigi himself sometime back on TV ..hesaid there is nothing wrong eating ugali at statehouse.". Really?
kenyanbeef
#64 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:49:27 PM

msotoville
#65 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:41:00 PM

@ Rasilio
Pole kwa kukukanganya.

These jamaas...
..happen to be politicians. Ever since I was old enough to understand what an election is (1988 - Mlolongo system) I've seen politicians sway ignorant and unsuspecting Kenyans to make pretty daft decisions.

A most recent scenario is 2007.
Man of the moment (Agwambo) teams up with
(a) a former KANU thug who almost drove our country bankrupt under some animal called Youth for KANU
(b) a former MD of the largest insurance monopoly/monolith which suspiciously went bust under his tenure
(c) a former secretary under whose watch over Kshs. 1bn meant for AIDS victims went missing
(d) a certain central Kenya politician whose constituency ranks amongst the poorest despite faithfully voting in the same family since independence (happy to say, those chaps voted wisely in 2007).

How 4.5 million Kenyans ACTUALLY believed this motley crew would bring them Maisha Bora is .....amazing.

Better safe than sorry...
I think Kenyans have banked on hope before - from back in the day of section 2A, down to IPPG, et al; so after being shafted time and again, EXCUSE ME for being wary.

In any case, after 40 years of existence I do know for a fact that it pays to close the stable door BEFORE the horse ponyokas.

Speaking of politicians (the same people you are trying to convince me to trust) guess who's about to award themselves some hefty perks...(soma hapa)
Tut, tut - will Kenyans ever learn?

So where does Msoto stand with the draft?
The draft constitution is by far THE best thing since independence.
HOWEVER, there some loopholes that need sealing. Fix them, and we'll happily turn green (not with envy).

Capisch?
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
msotoville
#66 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:12:39 PM

@SimonKabz and Fundaah
I support the draft constitution IF those vipengeles with issues are sorted.

For instance, I think it is pretty unwise (given Kenya's political history) to vest so much power in parliament without adequate checks and balances then hope that things will eventually work out.d'oh!

In addition, I fail to understand the whole "finality" thing about the draft.
"We have waited to long/ we may never get another chance/we will decend into chaoes if we don't.../We can't change/we can't discuss because of the Amendment Act of 2008...yada yada...."

Kwani the people who obliterated Section 2A came from outer space? They weren't aliens or angels but kawaida Kenyans.
The Amendment Act of 2008 wasn't handed down to us by Moses - telling me it is the reason why "nothing can be changed"...honestly is kidogo lame!Shame on you

Methinks if YES proponents would quit talking down to the No crowd like we're the 21st century version of the bubonic plague...and objectively listen to our concerns, the draft will sail through with a landslide.

Tui hamwe?
aemathenge
#67 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:21:21 PM

@Msotovile. Copy That.
newfarer
#68 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:22:56 PM

50+1
Vote is suffient anyway? No need for landslide victory.

Let the best marketer between 'Yes' and 'No' win.But to me a yes is good for the economy and political stability and thats what matters to me now.
punda amecheka
Wendz
#69 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:25:40 PM

msotoville wrote:
@SimonKabz and Fundaah
I support the draft constitution IF those vipengeles with issues are sorted.

For instance, I think it is pretty unwise (given Kenya's political history) to vest so much power in parliament without adequate checks and balances then hope that things will eventually work out.d'oh!

Kwani the people who obliterated Section 2A came from outer space? They weren't aliens or angels but kawaida Kenyans.
The Amendment Act of 2008 wasn't handed down to us by Moses - telling me it is the reason why "nothing can be changed"...honestly is kidogo lame!Shame on you

Tui hamwe?

Aaaaaih, boss, si it boils to the same thing. why cant we pitisha it, we secure what is good and then we go and change the few that is bad.... kwani who says once ikipitishwa haitarekebishwa tena?
msotoville
#70 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:55:45 PM

Wendz wrote:

Aaaaaih, boss, si it boils to the same thing. why cant we pitisha it, we secure what is good and then we go and change the few that is bad.... kwani who says once ikipitishwa haitarekebishwa tena?

@Wendz, imagine that's what our great grandads did a century ago.
Some nice white fellows came trooping up the countryside with a bible and a smile promising the equivalent of heaven on earth. We all know how that story turned out, innit? smile smile

@Wendz, the gazillion shilling questions are...
(a) How long did it take us to rectify the scenario described above?
(b) Are we willing to go through the same drama....AGAIN?
(c) What is cheaper/better? Foresee the problem and nip it in the bud OR march forward in faith regardless of the gaping abyss ahead?
http://tametheblackdog.files.wo...com/2009/05/lemmings.jpg
B.Timer
#71 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 7:46:37 PM

Kenyans!
For ever cheer leaders.
-Diving headlong into euphoric waves without a care in the world.
-Malleable to the will of the larger than life politician!
-Getting swayed like the windsock, - leo huku kesho kule!
-Shameless in their unquestioning faith to the politicos as they beat 180 degrees on an issue as it suits their immediate political carreer calculations.

God help Kenya.
Dunia ni msongamano..
Fundaah
#72 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:52:37 AM

Another new institution ..in the draft is the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, which would set and review salaries and benefits of all state officers – which means that MPs will no longer fix their own salaries (Art.230). And any law passed by Parliament that benefits members of parliament as such (not just because they are also members of the public) could not come into effect until after the following general election (Art. 116(3)) – so that the voters have the chance to throw out the MPs who have benefited themselves in this way before they have reaped the benefit....

Each day I get a better reason to say ....'Yes'
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Seeders
#73 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:46:26 AM

thought you left the conversation quite dramatically yesterday.

Fundaah wrote:
you have your fate in your voters card .....I'm out of this discussion ...

Seeders
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:58:06 AM

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. e.e. cummings 1955

McReggae wrote:
Wazua poll
YES: 58%
NO: 38%
Didn't know this could happen in Wazua, what with the many hardliners!!!!!

Fundaah
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:59:27 AM

Seeders wrote:
thought you left the conversation quite dramatically yesterday.

I dont give up that easily....Remember the shortest verse in the Bible..Jesus wept....Why ....because the Jews...disciples did not understand him....My dramatic leaving was open ended ....I did not say how long I will be leaving neither did I set the terms and conditions for returning to the discussion.....did I ?....

Should I keep quiet even when I have something that can make you change the unwise planned decision of voting 'No'......
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Seeders
#76 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:04:22 PM

never give up on what you believe in. but never shy away from straightforward questions.
Soko tele
#77 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:54:07 PM

Fundaah wrote:
[quote=Seeders]thought you left the conversation quite dramatically yesterday.

I dont give up that easily....Remember the shortest verse in the Bible..Jesus wept....Why ....because the Jews...disciples did not understand him....My dramatic leaving was open ended ....I did not say how long I will be leaving neither did I set the terms and conditions for returning to the discussion.....did I ?....

Should I keep quiet even when I have something that can make you change the unwise planned decision of voting 'No'......[/quote]

If voting NO is unwise why do we then have that option in the first place????

Those in the Yes camp need to accommodate the views and stand of those in NO. Its only fair your reciprocate........
rasilio
#78 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 12:59:23 PM

soko tele, have you considered that people have heard your view and are not convinced?

I took up fundaahs challenge and went to my shags, it only took a few minutes explaining to women that their man cannot run with another woman and leave them penniless for them to say Yes, Yes , Yes....even the pastor did not know that was the case. He was too stuck up on non-existent clauses.

education, education, education and this thing will pass 80+%.

My hats off to the "Warembo, na Yesu, na Yes" group talking to women in the bundus.
Fundaah
#79 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:33:37 PM

Fundaah wrote:
wazua wrote:
Dear Members,

Simply click on the your selection i.e.

click on YES,

smile smile

Vote wisely!

Welcome to Wazua

[quote=Soko tele]If voting NO is unwise where do we then have that option in the first place????

Sorry....Sokotele....for the prosperity and political stability of the country...the only place I know as my Home..the home of my children and children's children ....'No' is not an option...please if you value these..... just Vote the other option....

Ngalaka
#80 Posted : Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:09:08 PM

@Fundah

Do you appreciate that there are some disagreeable clauses in the document.

I guess those in No are agreed that there are many good laws in the proposed constitution with which they happy.

So issue here is the annoying sections.

Keeping on explaining about non contested clauses is to miss the point.

Try to convince all and sundry that the offending sections are actually good or suggest a practical way of dealing with them.

Amend later seems not good enough.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu